What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Schiff IS Goonski

Tokyo_Raider

Juniors
I will be really annoyed if he goes now, but let`s wait and see - Shif hasn`t spoken on this, only Jones.

If he leaves, we`ve got a shocker of a hole at the back. I doubt they would start Chalk in the No. 1 jersey, after bulking him up for the second row. I wonder if Zillman would be spending his off season working on his kick returns and last ditch tackles??

Timbo

Staff member
I agree with IBG.

If he leaves now, after re-affirming his commitment to the club, then f**k you, Clinton Schifcofske, and the horse you rode in on.

Massively hinders the clubs chances of attracting a high quality replacement, and thats shocking from someone who has become a club legend like he has.

We'll have to wait and see.

legend

Coach
http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,19730321-23217,00.html

Clinton still hot on rugby
By Peter Badel
July 9, 2006

CLINTON Schifcofske has moved a step closer to defecting to the Queensland Reds - two weeks after the ARU's lack of interest appeared to scupper the move.

The Sunday Telegraph can reveal Schifcofske's manager Steve Gillis met with incoming Reds coach Eddie Jones on Friday.

Schifcofske is expected to make a decision on his future today or tomorrow.

It was believed the Raiders ace abandoned the notion of playing rugby after the ARU refused to enter into a top-up arrangement.

That stance left the Reds an estimated $80,000-a-season short of luring Schifcofske, who earns a rumoured $300,000-a-season at Canberra.

The Reds improved their offer and are confident of delivering another blow to the NRL, which lost Ryan Cross to the Western Force last month.

"He's a chance of going," Gillis said last night. "Queensland have been working hard to keep the lines of communication open and there remains a distinct possibility he may make the switch.

"The Reds have given us a clear idea of what they are prepared to offer and it's in the ballpark for Clint.

"If he's going to join rugby, it has to be now. It's a new challenge for Clint - the decision is now up to him."

Speaking before Canberra's clash with Penrith last night, Schifcofske said: "I can't say too much. It would be good to have a crack at rugby, but I'll do the right thing by the Raiders."

Jones hopes to snare Schifcofske on a three-year deal and says he was impressed with his form in the Origin decider last Wednesday night.

"We're still in the game," Jones said.

"We're not across the line yet, but we're reasonably confident of securing his signature."

The Sunday Telegraph

Gents, I'd say he is gone and will say as much today. Nice timing from the scumbag though. All marquee players are gone, we are nine days past the anti tampering deadline and the captain wants out of his deal.

To me, whether he stays or goes, he is worse than Finch and Monaghan. Loyalty is a two way street and this sh*thead is showing none to the Raiders.

aussies1st

Staff member
If he does leave hes should go early. No loyalty what so ever and we can't even trust his word.

legend said:
To me, whether he stays or goes, he is worse than Finch and Monaghan. Loyalty is a two way street and this sh*thead is showing none to the Raiders.

Spot on. Though to me I wouldn't have been upset if he had left weeks ago because he had the provision to do so in his contract. But what irks me is that he came out and publically said, without any shadow of a doubt, that he would be staying with the Raiders in 2007 in a Canberra Times article that HE wrote.

For him to now turn around and sign with someone else... if that happens... I'll be disgusted. And yeah, IMO he'll be worse than Finch and Monaghan, because at least they never gave that guarantee that they'd stay. He's stabbing the Raiders, and the fans, in the back.

nickraider

Juniors
After what he said in the newspaper a couple of weeks ago, this is just unbelievable. If he goes, he won't be remembered as a Raiders great but more like a 'dirty rat'. Isn't $300k + a year enough for him?!!! Where is the loyalty. This sux. He was my favourite player and I can't believe this is happening.

I thought you were better than that Clinton.

Boing Boing

Juniors
legend said:
http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,19730321-23217,00.html

Clinton still hot on rugby
By Peter Badel
July 9, 2006

CLINTON Schifcofske has moved a step closer to defecting to the Queensland Reds - two weeks after the ARU's lack of interest appeared to scupper the move.

The Sunday Telegraph can reveal Schifcofske's manager Steve Gillis met with incoming Reds coach Eddie Jones on Friday.

Schifcofske is expected to make a decision on his future today or tomorrow.

It was believed the Raiders ace abandoned the notion of playing rugby after the ARU refused to enter into a top-up arrangement.

That stance left the Reds an estimated $80,000-a-season short of luring Schifcofske, who earns a rumoured $300,000-a-season at Canberra.

The Reds improved their offer and are confident of delivering another blow to the NRL, which lost Ryan Cross to the Western Force last month.

"He's a chance of going," Gillis said last night. "Queensland have been working hard to keep the lines of communication open and there remains a distinct possibility he may make the switch.

"The Reds have given us a clear idea of what they are prepared to offer and it's in the ballpark for Clint.

"If he's going to join rugby, it has to be now. It's a new challenge for Clint - the decision is now up to him."

Speaking before Canberra's clash with Penrith last night, Schifcofske said: "I can't say too much. It would be good to have a crack at rugby, but I'll do the right thing by the Raiders."

Jones hopes to snare Schifcofske on a three-year deal and says he was impressed with his form in the Origin decider last Wednesday night.

"We're still in the game," Jones said.

"We're not across the line yet, but we're reasonably confident of securing his signature."

The Sunday Telegraph

Gents, I'd say he is gone and will say as much today. Nice timing from the scumbag though. All marquee players are gone, we are nine days past the anti tampering deadline and the captain wants out of his deal.

It looks to me like that's the only thing he has actually said in this second debacle. Again, I'll reserve judgememnt for the mouth of Schif, not eddie jones or a newspaper article.

Last time everyone got angry and it was just rampant speculation that lead to it. Just wait guys. There is no decent evidence at all that he has said he's leaving.

Chachi

Bench
He sounded more than keen to leave when interviewed on ABC radio this afternoon. Timing could not have been worse, but hey, if he does go then thanks for coming.

The kicker is the 3 year deal offered by Union vs 2 years with us. IMO it's got very little to do with this "challenge of the game" crap. Who in their right mind could see playing on the wing for the Reds as more challenging than captaining us into a new era? Oh well, time to move on and you can't blame him for the fact the Reds came back again with a new offer, but it just makes me sick with all the crap we've been fed on how "important the Raiders are to him". Put up or shut up Clinton - you've made it clear that footy is all just a business these days, so I don't care for the sugar coated messages.

edabomb

First Grade
It doesn't really matter if he goes or not. He guaranteed in a newspaper he'd be here next year, and now he's saying he's unsure because Queensland have brought the money to the table. Even if he stays I will of lost respect for him.

It's obvious Clinton has always wanted to make the move, money has been the only thing stopping him from signing yet. I'm still not certain he will leave, but if he doesn't his image is permanently tarnished.

Bay56

First Grade
legend said:
What sucks is we lose out on signing available players because we don't know for certain if we have his wage as part of the available salary cap.

Lack of respect for the club and the fans and for a player on 340k to say he needs to look after his future, he can get f**ked because most of us wouldn't earn that in seven years.

no arguement from me Legg ..

some of these over-paid larrikans can get rooted for all i care ...

f**k OFF NOW SCHIF ... we've got to run a football club

Bay56

First Grade
Chachi said:
He sounded more than keen to leave when interviewed on ABC radio this afternoon. Timing could not have been worse, but hey, if he does go then thanks for coming.

The kicker is the 3 year deal offered by Union vs 2 years with us. IMO it's got very little to do with this "challenge of the game" crap. Who in their right mind could see playing on the wing for the Reds as more challenging than captaining us into a new era? Oh well, time to move on and you can't blame him for the fact the Reds came back again with a new offer, but it just makes me sick with all the crap we've been fed on how "important the Raiders are to him". Put up or shut up Clinton - you've made it clear that footy is all just a business these days, so I don't care for the sugar coated messages.

well said mate ...

I expressed my feelings on the turn-coat in a previous thread and i'll take none of it back ... if he wants to leave make it clear to management now, in fact leave now, but dont use us as a fall back

Bay56

First Grade
Mal Meninga said:
Someone get over to his house and pack his bags.

I'm away interstate atm otherwise I would ... can ypu imagine some other professional organisiation out there taking this sort of sh*t from it's captain ...

Do us all a favour Schifturncoat and f**k OFF !!

Sydney_Raider

Juniors
No doubt Shif will go down as one of our best for the last 10 years however fullback is one position we can cover quite well, whether it be Chalk, Goodwin, Zillman, even Howell (god forbid). I just hope we retain Goodwin and he hasn't already left. He can also cover goalkicking if Carney is out.

Chachi

Bench
It's sure going to be interesting next year. Maybe we'll see...
1. Zilly
2. Chalk
3. Graham
4. Howell/Goodwin
5. Best
6. Carney
7. Dobson
We'd probably leak a sh!tload of points, but it could be fun to watch when we have the ball! Maybe put TLL in the 4 just to give the defence some respect out there??

Timbo

Staff member
f**k me dead.

Someone who I had mountains of respect for and now I have none.

What a f**king disgraceful thing to do.

I think someone needs to remind him that he was the RESERVE GRADE fullback at Parramatta when we signed him.

In short-We made you Clinton Schifcofske, and this is the most gutless underhanded move you could have possibly made.

Latest posts