What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Schiff IS Goonski

cooba

Juniors
Eddie Jones just announced Schiff is now a great chance of playing with the Reds next year. Apparently the money problems they had with the ARU are not an issue now and he expects Schiff to be playing with them next year.:(

edabomb

First Grade
Saw this coming really. When he still didn't agree to terms to play on for next season even after the initial bid fell threw I thought we'd be 50/50 to keep him, basically a fallback if the QRU couldn't get the money together. Not many players left on the open market now.

If this happens, Schif in my mind will be WORSE than Finch and Monaghan.

Quote from two weeks ago in the Canberra Times...

There’s been a fair amount of talk this week about my commitment with the Raiders, and a lot of speculation about what my future is and where I’ll be playing next year.

I like to think that I am the type of bloke who makes a decision quickly and does the best thing by his family, so I am pleased to announce that I will be remaining in Canberra next year.

I have no problem with him leaving in the first place since he has the provision in his contract to do so, but if he goes after reaffirming his committment to the Raiders without any uncertainty, then he can go and get stuffed.

(But I'm not jumping on him yet. Let's wait for confirmation.)

Roy

Juniors
i thought you blokes would be happy, it would mean you could find a starting place for dobson, carney and zilly.

1.Zilly
6.Carney
7.Dobson

It could work for you very well in the future.

edabomb

First Grade
Well, since I don't watch reggies I'm not supposed to comment on reggies players. But I'd say Zillman has nothing on Schif atm. I'm not that dissapointed though, we are gonna be hopeless next season either way with the calibre of players we've already lost.

Roy said:
i thought you blokes would be happy, it would mean you could find a starting place for dobson, carney and zilly.

1.Zilly
6.Carney
7.Dobson

It could work for you very well in the future.

I'd rather Chalk at fullback.

Zillman's good but defensively he's not as sound.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
The only fullbacks with good defence in the league would be Schif and Patten IMO. Everyone is going with attacking fullbacks now, just look at Minichiello, Slater, Hodgson, Bowen, Wesser....etc. None of them can tackle. Zillman would be handy back there.

Stuart

Juniors
cooba said:
Eddie Jones just announced Schiff is now a great chance of playing with the Reds next year. Apparently the money problems they had with the ARU are not an issue now and he expects Schiff to be playing with them next year.:(

link?

Macko8

Juniors
Danny Wiedler said schif was very close to leaving the raiders on the footy show the other night, we'll just have to take it like we took Wikis departure. Build a bridge and new opportunities for some other players, personally i'd stick with Marshall Chalk at fullback.
But schifs departure will mean our most valuable player from the past 5 years.

cooba

Juniors
Link James is this mornings ABC radio sports show with Tim Gavel-interviewed Eddie Jones

Tokyo_Raider

Juniors
I heard Jones talking, and it is not a done deal, but he sounded pretty confident.

This is bad, bad news for Canberra next year.

Stuart

Juniors
If he leaves it will be a blow but who knows, come this time next year it might be a blessing in disguise. No point getting too cut up about it if it happens IMO

aussies1st

Staff member
Dam that would really suck. Hes been the heart of the club since Wiki left.
Replacement wise I would go Chalk as he deserves the chance to secure the fullback spot.

raidersfan

Juniors
Well now I think it's a bit of a coincidence we resigned chalk. It'd be a huge loss and I'd be gutted if he leaves, and if I was clinton I would be embarrassed because I told everyone I was staying when in fact I was leaving.

If he does leave we'll have a crap load of cash!!!

Croker, Smith, Mogg, Woolford, and Hodgson would have been on a combined salary of at least 1 million. Buy SOMEONE even from the ESL.

Chachi

Bench
As IBG pointed out - I just wish he'd be honest and make up his mind. As "inspirational" as he is as a player, this is sh!thouse captaincy from one of our senior players. This is the part of pro sports that I hate with a passion and it's something that turns off a lot of people.

Maybe Chalk knew something when he decided to stay with us. In that case Schif, if you want to go please just go so we can move on with players who want to be here. This crap is distracting and makes us look like a joke.

legend

Coach
What sucks is we lose out on signing available players because we don't know for certain if we have his wage as part of the available salary cap.

Lack of respect for the club and the fans and for a player on 340k to say he needs to look after his future, he can get f**ked because most of us wouldn't earn that in seven years.

paulquinn49

Bench
legend said:
What sucks is we lose out on signing available players because we don't know for certain if we have his wage as part of the available salary cap.

Lack of respect for the club and the fans and for a player on 340k to say he needs to look after his future, he can get f**ked because most of us wouldn't earn that in seven years.

Agreed champ, if Shif goes, McKinnon or Webb would have been gun signings.

Chachi

Bench
Exactly - that's a massive amount of money we could have used a month ago to attract replacements. If he does go, that's a piss poor effort all 'round.

Latest posts