What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scomo saving me

ha
Love it.
I’m not a denialist
I’ve never said I was... I actually said the opposite.
No idea where you got that from.

I just can’t cop fair weather global warming experts.
Hysteria created by media has exposed hypocrites all over the planet.

Pretty much everything you do adds to global warming... (if we are to believe the stories)

but it’s not your fault because you believe in Greta?
Maybe not you... but that what it comes across as.

you ,her , me we are all part of the problem.

yelling and abusing and marching means nothing unless you’re prepared to live off the grid.

No worries
Have a rant on Facebook
Make yourselves feel better.
Then kick back on your lounge and watch your mass produced TV with your mass produced iPhones and iPads in your hands.
Imagine the the size of the factories making that stuff?
whack the air con on too.

you are part of the problem

I am too.
I only need to look around my house to get confirmation.
Wood plastic steel everywhere.

David Suzuki was in JJJ years ago telling us about it.
Al Gore made a movie about 20 years ago about it
The oils have been singing about it for over 30 years.
It’s been common knowledge.
What did you do in that time to stop global warming?

me?
I separated my rubbish into 3 bins.

Now Coldplay have taken a stance and will not tour until they can leave no carbon footprint doing it.
Thank f**k for that.
They suck.

Ill see your ha and raise you 1...... HaHa! I never said you were a denialist. It was pretty obvious you were looking for a way to push the whole thing to the side with the "Hypocrites" argument . You also said you would ask them to prove it ,which could be taken as meaning you think it cant be proven.You were being a little bit sneaky there so I took an each way bet. I think the "dont want to know aboutist " description is looking more likely .
I already covered the rest you said but Ill try and clarify what you don't want to know.
We are all humans therefor all hypocrites in some way . Don't know why you feel to bring that into discussion about Climate change and politics as some sort of excuse to dismiss it all as someone elses problem or whatever you are tryiing to say . As for (sorry Snout and Eion , Imeant Eions Post )( snouts "no carbon footprint lady " My own mother was the most recycling composting , light shutting off person I ever knew and she was a Denialist. I guarantee the No carbon footprint lady would have Family members ,friends ,neigbors service providers etc that were unhappy with her lifestyle choice as it left more of the family caring , economic responsibilities, etc on them . How many of her fellow humans is she feeding /caring for etc?.So to be using all us Hypocrites as an excuse to do nothing or little or to vote against politiciams that might bring in some tough measures is simply lame .
What did I do . I fed ,clothed raised paid for education of a lot of people I recycled old clothing. Separated Garbage which Im told now is waste of time , and did a lot of other green and un green things too.
I have two polutiing diesal gusling old tractors. People got to be fed so I will continue using them. I have two vegan relatives living on family property , paying no rent , working on Electric Car conversions , costing ME money and time while adding NOTHING tangible to family matters. Have I used Air con on the 40 degree days after beiing out on un aircon tractor? Yes Of course I have . As I said previously the only real changes will need to come through govt intervention because People due to all kinds of reasons are "Hypocrites" and only change practices when they absolutely have to We had a politician that "beleived" in climate change and wanted to do something about it without destroying the economy . Abbot apparently beat him with spears . Yay Abbot . Maybe its all too late, too much , too little . In that respect maybe you are right.

Last edited:

carcharias

Immortal
I’m sick of people suddenly cheering on Greta.
They are abusing other people online ... politicians mostly.
I know many of them personally
I know how they live

The thing is , they are no different to the politicians they are abusing.
If they are so f**king serious , then they should boycott
Apple
Windows
Internet
TV
Shopping centres
Driving their cars
Using planes
Modern life
Anything they use that when created added to global warming.

f**king tex perkins
Who i absolutely love as a musician
Is a f**king hypocrite

gets on TV and dedicates “ the honeymoon is over “ to scomo as a stance against climate change ... while giving him the middle finger salute.

haha

Tex did this while getting paid to sing at the NYE fireworks .
The country is on f**king fire
The people are blaming it on climate change
Most people had called for the cancellation of the fireworks as a mark of respect to the people affected.
Not to mention the pollution the fireworks create.
We can’t breath because the smoke is so thick.
No worries Tex
If you are that moved to make a statement on TV then what the f**k are you doing singing in front of the fireworks?

Hypocrisy

sharknows

Bench
It’s always someone’s fault whether it’s the Greenies, national parks, Scomo, RFS, Fire & Rescue. All I know is my town of Braidwood (including me) has been on tenterhooks for 5 weeks. I’m not a Scomo fan but I can’t blame him for the fires although his absence has been less than inspirational. If he doesn’t address all of the issues post fires then he’s a piece of sh!t. Many changes need to be made in a lot of areas.

"but it’s not your fault because you believe in Greta?

yelling and abusing and marching means nothing unless you’re prepared to live off the grid.

I struggle to see where anything I said (you are answering my post ?)could come across as me following , being on a bandwagon , beleiving all things greta says etc. Rediculous interpretation there to suit your arguement . Only thing I even know about Greta is couple short Tv grabs where she said How dare you ! bla bla , and then the attacks of this forum and another saying shes autistic , Parent influenced spoiled or Whatever , Could all be true .Probably is . Dont Know. Dont care. Dont follow . Its Irelevant . All she did was give Denialists and "Dont want to Know aboutists "an easy target.

Everybody must be Prepared to live off the Grid or Shut the F up? .That is such an impractical statement as to be absurd . I Already adressed it . You ignored so Ill go over it again. Most of us have Family , Business , community obligations etc that to just dump them and go "off the Grid" ? The immediate caos would be rediculous and make a few shouting vegans look tame. LOL For starters there'd be a lot of people thinking how wonderfull to be self sustainable that could no longer feed themselves or anyone else . Its just absurd . Do I really need to go into it further ? Everybody would need a decent block of land to grow enough to eat etc . No chemicals to control bugs Imediately !!!... Absolutely Absurd . So the prepared to go off the grid or Shut up is rediculous too Honestly can you come up with something at least slightly realistic ?.

I know 2 people now that have lost their houses in the fire. One family was neighbours and good mates with the guy in Cobargo who was killed. The Cobargo family were hippies and were not insured - they have lost everything and are now grasping with the reality of that decision. A very rough time for them.

The climate change denier line has gone like this:

>Its a lie- global warming is a hoax (Term gets changed to climate change)
>Climate change is "complete crap"- my local area has cold days! make up your mind (planet continues to warm)
>The scientists are in on a conspiracy to make money (this is my favourite- yeah because the fossil fuel industry is poverty stricken)
>Well given the mounting evidence it may be real but what can we do- THE ECONOMY IS MORE IMPORTANT!
> Yeah it's real but Australia is too small to make any difference (where we are today)

"Anyone who doesn't live off grid has no right to an say anything" Ridiculous. We all have a right to make demands of our leadership. It's little wonder most Australians have no interest in lowering their carbon footprint because their leadership actively tells us that any effort we make is ultimately irrelevant and useless. Imagine we took this approach to World War 2? We didn't fight that on our own but we played a part.

The Liberals may not be directly responsible for these particular fires but they are responsible for decades of ignoring science and deliberately taking policy cues from people like Alan Jones and not the CSIRO or the BOM (you know Government departments chock full of experts) which has left us in a position where we are now miles behind the 8 ball while the chickens come home to roost.

They killed a carbon trading scheme
They killed the mining tax (don't even get me started on how this happened- we should all get something out of the miners pillaging the joint)
They invested in coal and waved it around in parliament
They killed targets with Electric cars
The list goes on and on and on and on and on but these were sensible, progressive policies that would have moved the needle on the debate-and to blame Bill Shorten for decisions made by leadership decades either side of him on the other side of politics is like blaming a bull for not being smart enough to ignore the matador.

And while I am ranting grown men who hate on a 16 year old girl for having 16 year old opinions because they are threatened is utterly pathetic.

"I bet my balls she has added more to global warming than I did at 16" Carcharious

I dont bet my balls on anything but thats probably a safe bet as well as being pointless.

I would bet your balls however that If we all did go "off the Grid " the resulting Starvation ,Sociatil collapse fighting etc . would send us all back to the dark ages . .And I like you so I dont want to see you lose your balls.

There are things that some sensible (if unpopular) legislation could do that Possibly could help.

I know 2 people now that have lost their houses in the fire. One family was neighbours and good mates with the guy in Cobargo who was killed. The Cobargo family were hippies and were not insured - they have lost everything and are now grasping with the reality of that decision. A very rough time for them.

The climate change denier line has gone like this:

>Its a lie- global warming is a hoax (Term gets changed to climate change)
>Climate change is "complete crap"- my local area has cold days! make up your mind (planet continues to warm)
>The scientists are in on a conspiracy to make money (this is my favourite- yeah because the fossil fuel industry is poverty stricken)
>Well given the mounting evidence it may be real but what can we do- THE ECONOMY IS MORE IMPORTANT!
> Yeah it's real but Australia is too small to make any difference (where we are today)

"Anyone who doesn't live off grid has no right to an say anything" Ridiculous. We all have a right to make demands of our leadership. It's little wonder most Australians have no interest in lowering their carbon footprint because their leadership actively tells us that any effort we make is ultimately irrelevant and useless. Imagine we took this approach to World War 2? We didn't fight that on our own but we played a part.

The Liberals may not be directly responsible for these particular fires but they are responsible for decades of ignoring science and deliberately taking policy cues from people like Alan Jones and not the CSIRO or the BOM (you know Government departments chock full of experts) which has left us in a position where we are now miles behind the 8 ball while the chickens come home to roost.

They killed a carbon trading scheme
They killed the mining tax (don't even get me started on how this happened- we should all get something out of the miners pillaging the joint)
They invested in coal and waved it around in parliament
They killed targets with Electric cars
The list goes on and on and on and on and on but these were sensible, progressive policies that would have moved the needle on the debate-and to blame Bill Shorten for decisions made by leadership decades either side of him on the other side of politics is like blaming a bull for not being smart enough to ignore the matador.

And while I am ranting grown men who hate on a 16 year old girl for having 16 year old opinions because they are threatened is utterly pathetic.

Best Post Yet.

carcharias

Immortal
"but it’s not your fault because you believe in Greta?

I struggle to see where anything I said (you are answering my post ?)could come across as me following , being on a bandwagon , beleiving all things greta says etc. Rediculous interpretation there to suit your arguement . Only thing I even know about Greta is couple short Tv grabs where she said How dare you ! bla bla , and then the attacks of this forum and another saying shes autistic , Parent influenced spoiled or Whatever , Could all be true .Probably is . Dont Know. Dont care. Dont follow . Its Irelevant . All she did was give Denialists and "Dont want to Know aboutists "an easy target.

Everybody must be Prepared to live off the Grid or Shut the F up? .That is such an impractical statement as to be absurd . I Already adressed it . You ignored so Ill go over it again. Most of us have Family , Business , community obligations etc that to just dump them and go "off the Grid" ? The immediate caos would be rediculous and make a few shouting vegans look tame. LOL For starters there'd be a lot of people thinking how wonderfull to be self sustainable that could no longer feed themselves or anyone else . Its just absurd . Do I really need to go into it further ? Everybody would need a decent block of land to grow enough to eat etc . No chemicals to control bugs Imediately !!!... Absolutely Absurd . So the prepared to go off the grid or Shut up is rediculous too Honestly can you come up with something at least slightly realistic ?.

let’s not forget you quoted me first
I did not engage you at all
You basically said my opinion is wrong.

I was merely pointing how I am sick of the bandwagon merkins suddenly getting on social media backing her and blaming others.

these are people I know who do nothing about climate change.
Highly paid professionals with all the toys.

I have never once denied climate change or even challenged it’s existence.

All I’ve done I’d admit that I’m not doing enough...and you aren’t either.

let’s not forget you quoted me first
I did not engage you at all
You basically said my opinion is wrong.

I was merely pointing how I am sick of the bandwagon merkins suddenly getting on social media backing her and blaming others.

these are people I know who do nothing about climate change.
Highly paid professionals with all the toys.

I have never once denied climate change or even challenged it’s existence.

All I’ve done I’d admit that I’m not doing enough...and you aren’t either.
Yeah Ok but you dont see the Bandwagon you Jumped on ? The Greta is this that or the other so lets blame her and forget anything else , bandwagon ?? Its a diversionary bandwagon started by Jones Abbot etc, and I find it a little hard to beleive you dont see why they try to divert people that way .

SadShark

Bench
The Gillard Labour government tried mining & carbon tax and we had a near recession. Those mining companies went into massive layoffs and parked machinery up, just to prove a point. It didn’t work.

Renewables need mining to produce the materials required: silicon, iron ore, copper, lithium, etc, etc. The Paper mache solar panels, Sir Walter grass mounting array and fairy floss batteries that Greta suggests just don’t cut it. Believe me, I tried to follow her lead, you know, to be like the cool kids.

I’m just sitting back, waiting for her wealthy parents, to come up with Greta’s next, great idea.

Reactions: Ads
The Gillard Labour government tried mining & carbon tax and we had a near recession. Those mining companies went into massive layoffs and parked machinery up, just to prove a point. It didn’t work.

Renewables need mining to produce the materials required: silicon, iron ore, copper, lithium, etc, etc. The Paper mache solar panels, Sir Walter grass mounting array and fairy floss batteries that Greta suggests just don’t cut it. Believe me, I tried to follow her lead, you know, to be like the cool kids.

I’m just sitting back, waiting for her wealthy parents, to come up with Greta’s next, great idea.

Yeah theres no easy solutions. Probably Howard govt was last one that had opportunity to make something out of mining wealth. There are other countries and even certain States in the Crazy USA , that have made more progress in the alternative energy and power storage fields , but hey lets slam Greta and her parents again . Its funny Ive heard Far far far more criticism of her than any following , supportive bandwagon stuff. Maybe cause I dont get info from right places where you and carcharious do.

And it was a very short sighted decision to fall to that pressure by the voting populous.

Australia and Qatar produce roughly the same amount of Gas. Australia gets about 600mill a year in royalties while Qatar get 26.6 BILLION. Chevron still operate out of Qatar despite the heavy tax burden. If a government had the cajones to stare these mobs down we'd genuinely be the best country to live in the world.

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/fed...on-lost-in-resources-tax-20180305-p4z2uv.html

MilkShark

First Grade
I’m sick of people suddenly cheering on Greta.
They are abusing other people online ... politicians mostly.
I know many of them personally
I know how they live

The thing is , they are no different to the politicians they are abusing.
If they are so f**king serious , then they should boycott
Apple
Windows
Internet
TV
Shopping centres
Driving their cars
Using planes
Modern life
Anything they use that when created added to global warming.

f**king tex perkins
Who i absolutely love as a musician
Is a f**king hypocrite

gets on TV and dedicates “ the honeymoon is over “ to scomo as a stance against climate change ... while giving him the middle finger salute.

haha

Tex did this while getting paid to sing at the NYE fireworks .
The country is on f**king fire
The people are blaming it on climate change
Most people had called for the cancellation of the fireworks as a mark of respect to the people affected.
Not to mention the pollution the fireworks create.
We can’t breath because the smoke is so thick.
No worries Tex
If you are that moved to make a statement on TV then what the f**k are you doing singing in front of the fireworks?

Hypocrisy
Where is the shortened version of this for me to read?

SadShark

Bench
but hey lets slam Greta and her parents again . Its funny Ive heard Far far far more criticism of her than any following , supportive bandwagon stuff. Maybe cause I dont get info from right places where you and carcharious do.
Mate, 30-years in mining - technical. If there’s a more efficient, productive economical and environmentally friendly way to produce power, bring it on. I’m all for it.
Reality is, there isn’t.

carcharias

Immortal
Yeah Ok but you dont see the Bandwagon you Jumped on ? The Greta is this that or the other so lets blame her and forget anything else , bandwagon ?? Its a diversionary bandwagon started by Jones Abbot etc, and I find it a little hard to beleive you dont see why they try to divert people that way .

why is it so hard for you to understand?
I’m not anti Greta.
I am not a climate change denier
I just don’t rate merkins jumping on the climate change bandwagon all of a sudden.
Where the f**k have they been all this time?
Never a peep.
I’m talking about people I know.
People I’ve seen smoke ciggies for 30 years.
TV’s in every room
Drive past train stations to go to work in a place within walking distance from another station.
Fly around the world business class for work.
Those people.

I have nothing to do with Jones or Abbot
I couldn’t tell you what radio station jones works for or what party Abbot is in
I am not joking.
I hate politics

this is politics as I see it
Australia
2 party’s ( more or less )
1 leader each
Everyone votes.
The party that loses and the people who voted for that party ,spend the next 4 years disagreeing and bagging the absolute shit out of every thing the winning party do.

everyone’s an expert.
repeat forever.

carcharias

Immortal
Where is the shortened version of this for me to read?
Ok
You know the fat chick that has never been to a game of footy in her life?
The Dragons make the grand final
Suddenly she is wearing a Dragons jersey and waving a flag next to her boyfriend.

just change the Dragons Flag to a Climate change banner .

it’s not the game or the team
It’s the person I can’t cop.

Mate, 30-years in mining - technical. If there’s a more efficient, productive economical and environmentally friendly way to produce power, bring it on. I’m all for it.
Reality is, there isn’t.
Which is precisely why govts should have been making the most of the wealth being generated to find those ways .

Ive had thirty years in Engineering fields and come across many in same field as me ,between contracts ,home for family reasons etc . Probably sound like sour grapes I know , but I never found them to be more efficient or skilled and they were all contemptuous of the pay received as they were getting 5 or six times as much for half the hours when at the mines . Recently employed a former mining scraper driver who had to come home due to divorce and raising kids. I called him Errol Flynn Everything he touched he...f**ked. I literally could not afford to keep him on he broke so much machinery. Anyway Im sure you get the point

Latest posts