What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scomo saving me

txta2

Bench
New-Courts.jpg

Cant find Engadine Maccas image..
EZgcW6kBTyW2qbgJ7

carcharias

Immortal
That maccas story is hilarious in that it’s Engadine.
However
It doesn’t add up for me.
1997 after the super league GF.
Why on Earth would he be in Engadine?
He didn’t come from the Shire.
Even if he went to the leagues club ( like I did) Engadine macca’s is nowhere near it.

If he was driving south he would had to have had a pretty good knowledge of the area.
You can’t turn right into it from the highway.
He would’ve already gone past the turn off.

Bit of an urban myth I’d say.

carinashark

First Grade
Our government has access to the science, to the best advice available, and yet it continues to shirk the mitigation challenge. It continues to gamble with the future in the worst way imaginable. Soon we will be having indigenous players taking a knee.

However
Even if he went to the leagues club ( like I did) Engadine macca’s is nowhere near it.

If he was driving south he would had to have had a pretty good knowledge of the area.

Anything is possible when you are full of the holy spirit.

Our government has access to the science, to the best advice available, and yet it continues to shirk the mitigation challenge. It continues to gamble with the future in the worst way imaginable. Soon we will be having indigenous players taking a knee.

our govt have a PLAN . What was that show where the little guy said " The Plane ! The Plane! For Scomo and Barnaby ( wholl be back in the Nats leadership once the scandal of sports rorts is settled") It will be "The Plan !!! The Plan !!! "

carcharias

Immortal
I hope labour win the next election.
Seriously
The country will thrive and climate change will be fixed
There will be no bush fires
No drought
No flood
No chance of getting a virus.

where do I vote?

Quicksilver

Bench
However

This is pre-Heathcote Maccas, I think?

No highway McShit until Albion Park.

It’s worth the right turn.

I don’t know why he would be heading south. Or why he’d be in the area at all.

Quicksilver

Bench
I hope labour win the next election.
Seriously
The country will thrive and climate change will be fixed
There will be no bush fires
No drought
No flood
No chance of getting a virus.

where do I vote?

That’s good.

Since we can’t fix any of it immediately, it’s probably best we do nothing at all.

Labour will stuff up ,no doubt and climate change will proceed because they wont do enough in that direction either. If liberals clkean up their act they might be a viable option then.Fires already put more Greenhouse gasses into atmosphere this year than man .Trouble is the Fires were result of Lack of serious bushfire plans and the progress of Global Warming . Maybe already past tipping point . At least if labour get in, the message will be: get rid of the Denialist idiots from your party to the liberals. The "beleivers" who want to tolerate the denialists are just as bad cause the end result is same. Funny how all the beleivers (but still say vote Scomo ),are happy to quote and link denialist propaganda and pay not a bit of attention to the debunking of that propaganda. Vote Scomo again !... more of the same !. He had time to make a plan when Fire chiefs were asking him to meet them , when Balarnaby was doing his Bush tour and said all good have a Holiday. BTW dont be fooled by Barnaby He hates Liberal party as much as he hates labour, maybe more . He should have retired long ago and at least left a legacy of helping stop Chinese purchase of Cubby station. Instead we have "the PLAN!" "The PLAN! " as he begins his campaign for power again .

Last edited:

carcharias

Immortal
That’s good.

Since we can’t fix any of it immediately, it’s probably best we do nothing at all.

just blame the current f**k sticks.

that is how you blokes are coming across.

No middle ground at all.
people will vote against you because of it.

Ironically the current events will probably do more for bush fires protection than what would’ve come about had labour been in and the fires didn’t happen.

just blame the current f**k sticks.

that is how you blokes are coming across.

No middle ground at all.
people will vote against you because of it.

Ironically the current events will probably do more for bush fires protection than what would’ve come about had labour been in and the fires didn’t happen.

Awesome!

carcharias

Immortal
Just on the bush fires
This is my opinion.... and just from what I’ve been told and read.

I have a great respect for aboriginal culture and have been fortunate enough to visit places most white fellas never go.
Ramingining, oenpelli, Maningrida, Garig Ganuk Barlu National Park, Victoria settlement up in the Cobburg peninsula.

it is my understanding that the indigenous people didn’t actually do a lot of traditional back burning around here.
The land is too extreme .
Massive cliffs and huge gum trees forests.
They were more coastal people.
River banks and beache fringes.
They were fishermen and hunted possum, wallaby and lizard but a massive part of their diet was things like oyster and cockle shells
The huge piles of oyster shells ( middens ) are still around.
I lived in Lugarno and had one on my land.
There is one at Garie.
It’s still visible, where they cooked on the sand and used big stones to sharpen tools etc.

Once white fellas came along with farming and setting up towns that’s when it changed the bush fire behaviour.

huge chunks of land were now cleared for towns and farming.
This created a massive vacuum.
Like opening the door on a little combustion fire.

back thousands of years ago there was no place for the oxygen to take off.
The canopy was 20 metres higher.
The bush was incredibly thick .
The forest floor would’ve been dark and pretty wet.

fires happened but probably just died off without turning into what happened this year.

Up north the land is flat grass land.
The trees are thin short things.
Fly into Darwin , you can’t miss it.
Traditional burning there is an easy to understand practice.
It’s controllable.

Anyway that’s my opinion.
The fires are combination of a lot of things that have been a long time coming.

Just on the bush fires
This is my opinion.... and just from what I’ve been told and read.

I have a great respect for aboriginal culture and have been fortunate enough to visit places most white fellas never go.
Ramingining, oenpelli, Maningrida, Garig Ganuk Barlu National Park, Victoria settlement up in the Cobburg peninsula.

it is my understanding that the indigenous people didn’t actually do a lot of traditional back burning around here.
The land is too extreme .
Massive cliffs and huge gum trees forests.
They were more coastal people.
River banks and beache fringes.
They were fishermen and hunted possum, wallaby and lizard but a massive part of their diet was things like oyster and cockle shells
The huge piles of oyster shells ( middens ) are still around.
I lived in Lugarno and had one on my land.
There is one at Garie.
It’s still visible, where they cooked on the sand and used big stones to sharpen tools etc.

Once white fellas came along with farming and setting up towns that’s when it changed the bush fire behaviour.

huge chunks of land were now cleared for towns and farming.
This created a massive vacuum.
Like opening the door on a little combustion fire.

back thousands of years ago there was no place for the oxygen to take off.
The canopy was 20 metres higher.
The bush was incredibly thick .
The forest floor would’ve been dark and pretty wet.

fires happened but probably just died off without turning into what happened this year.

Up north the land is flat grass land.
The trees are thin short things.
Fly into Darwin , you can’t miss it.
Traditional burning there is an easy to understand practice.
It’s controllable.

Anyway that’s my opinion.
The fires are combination of a lot of things that have been a long time coming.

That's all interesting as anecdotal and casual observation Which is where much of inspiration for new hypothesis and trials and tests come from. When such anecdotal and casual observations are put to more rigorous scientific testing and statistical analysis the results can be surprising .Can even lead to completely unexpected conclusions. Just off the cuff I dont think even a thick rainforest canopy is going to appreciatively hinder the diffusion of oxygen through it , But like I say I'm no expert on it.

Also You are talking about different areas to where NSW fires were.

And finally none of it disproves Global warming, or mans use of Fossil fuels effect on it, So I'm not too sure where you are heading with it.And not too sure how re-electing Scomo , Kelly maybe even reborn firefighting hero Abbot , and their coalition partners , Barnaby and friends is going to encourage them to address current problems ,with an eye to anything past their term in office.

carcharias

Immortal
That's all interesting as anecdotal and casual observation Which is where much of inspiration for new hypothesis and trials and tests come from. When such anecdotal and casual observations are put to more rigorous scientific testing and statistical analysis the results can be surprising .Can even lead to completely unexpected conclusions. Just off the cuff I dont think even a thick rainforest canopy is going to appreciatively hinder the diffusion of oxygen through it , But like I say I'm no expert on it.

Also You are talking about different areas to where NSW fires were.

And finally none of it disproves Global warming, or mans use of Fossil fuels effect on it, So I'm not too sure where you are heading with it.And not too sure how re-electing Scomo , Kelly maybe even reborn firefighting hero Abbot , and their coalition partners , Barnaby and friends is going to encourage them to address current problems ,with an eye to anything past their term in office.

nothing to do with Morrison or politics.
Nothing at all actually.

Not really talking about climate change either.
Have never denied it’s existence
Pretty sure I’ve told you that about 20 times.

creating a wind tunnel will fan the flames.
Land clearing between massive sections of bush land will do that.