What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scomo saving me

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
This is by far the worst thread ever existing on this forum, even worse than Qantas.
Edit: and that is not a scorn at the original poster, just how its turned out
Ágree...if only the rain arrived a couple of months ago....this thread wouldn't exist and all the experts would have kept their opinions to themselves. Only upside of the tragic situation is the heightened awareness of the dangers moving forward. Wouldn't have mattered what side of politics were in power...they were always going to be on a hiding to nothing and cop the rap for decades of complacency from both sides. Scomo was inconsiderate to take his holidays in the midst of the crisis and is a dead duck walking as a result. I wonder if the Sharks will blow him off as No 1 supporter?

Quigs

Immortal
The Qantas Fred. It is the Barnaby Joyce of threads. It lurks, you know it is out there, you know it will be back.

It is not a matter of where, it is a matter of when.

C’mon there’s no footy.
Environmentalists bite like rabid dogs
How can you not want to get them angry?

I saw one on Q&A . She is not having kids because of climate change.
Like anyone gives a shit about her having a kid.
Ha
Mate there is biting from all sides. It's not attractive viewing.
All I know is that most people on here are generally good people, we all have our f**k ups, but I quite like every different angle presented in all walks of life, without the putdowns to ones own beliefs. I really don't like that side of this "debate".
Put it this way, I'm definitely on the left side of politics, but I enjoy hearing what others think and believe. Coifey and I are majorly from different aspects of life but we always have a great time hanging out.
For the record I think that bloke who is PM is the biggest bellend that has existed in Australian politics, after Tony Abbott of course, he doesn't get a free card just because he's a Sharks supporter. In fact the only joy I get out of him being in office is the fact I get to vote directly against him!
See now I don't have to participate anymore, I've said my peace.
Go at it, run free!

carcharias

Immortal
The bloke is a f**king dickhead
Everything about him.
He fits in perfectly with the rest of them.

they are just like him
Or pretending they are not like him

wibble

Bench
The bloke is a f**king dickhead
Everything about him.
He fits in perfectly with the rest of them.

they are just like him
Or pretending they are not like him

Well that we can agree on. Politicians are mostly so concerned with protecting their hides and towing the party line, saying what the latest focus group showed would be popular for the next instant, that they could be replaced by Russian bots and no one would notice.

But this cynicism about politics just feeds them. They are like the big banks and their rotational door policy. They don't care who they shit on because we all have to step in some of it, so they know people will just keep coming back.

However, we are a democracy. We can change it. We can vote for politicians that at least do a good enough job of pretending to care that it is half believable. And when they fail, and show us they actually just want to take us for a ride like the rest, we don't vote for them. And try someone else. And someone else after that. And keep voting for politicians that act like people until they get the message that they're not owed votes, they have to respect democracy and the Australian people to get them.

I can't stand the politics of Hanson and One Nation. But at least she seems to believe what she says. I'd rather she gets voted in, despite her bad policy (in my view), than a more "moderate" conservative like ScoMo or Barnaby, that just say whatever they think people want to hear, and then do whatever is in their self interest (and Albanese is just as bad, and Shorten before him).

Bad policy can be changed. But if we get politicians that continue to erode our democracy, eventually we'll end up like Russia or China. They have elections there, too. But they don't have democracy.

Quigs

Immortal
Be that bloke
bethisguy.jpg

carcharias

Immortal
Well that we can agree on. Politicians are mostly so concerned with protecting their hides and towing the party line, saying what the latest focus group showed would be popular for the next instant, that they could be replaced by Russian bots and no one would notice.

But this cynicism about politics just feeds them. They are like the big banks and their rotational door policy. They don't care who they shit on because we all have to step in some of it, so they know people will just keep coming back.

However, we are a democracy. We can change it. We can vote for politicians that at least do a good enough job of pretending to care that it is half believable. And when they fail, and show us they actually just want to take us for a ride like the rest, we don't vote for them. And try someone else. And someone else after that. And keep voting for politicians that act like people until they get the message that they're not owed votes, they have to respect democracy and the Australian people to get them.

I can't stand the politics of Hanson and One Nation. But at least she seems to believe what she says. I'd rather she gets voted in, despite her bad policy (in my view), than a more "moderate" conservative like ScoMo or Barnaby, that just say whatever they think people want to hear, and then do whatever is in their self interest (and Albanese is just as bad, and Shorten before him).

Bad policy can be changed. But if we get politicians that continue to erode our democracy, eventually we'll end up like Russia or China. They have elections there, too. But they don't have democracy.

If they were any good they’d stay in power.
They can’t even hold down an internal job without be blind sided by their own party members.
That goes for all parties.

not sure how people are missing this bit .

I met Pauline briefly once.
She is exactly like you see on TV.
I tried to put shit on her but she was not taking a backward step.
Ha
I’d call it a draw.

Eion

First Grade
The enviable position of Pauline, and the Greens for that matter, is they can say whatever the hell they want with no fear of the realities of implementation or being held to account for their actions. No way I ever vote for those one trick ponies.

Quicksilver

Bench
The enviable position of Pauline, and the Greens for that matter, is they can say whatever the hell they want with no fear of the realities of implementation or being held to account for their actions. No way I ever vote for those one trick ponies.

I don't really think of those parties as one trick ponies. They might be on the fringe but they have an array of policies.

They aren't the Motoring Enthusiast Party.

I've got a car, I've got a big back shiny car

Quigs

Immortal
Follow the money trail and Poorlean and her hanger ons. Ashby and Co. One Nation gets what, $2.70 per vote goes into the kitty. Remember the trip to the Yank NRA. and the quote, "We need 10 million and we can control the Australian Senate."

She is as cunning as a shit house rat.

The two headed red necks up here are unbelieveable with their adoration of her and her policies.

"They took our jerbs"

Eion

First Grade
I don't really think of those parties as one trick ponies. They might be on the fringe but they have an array of policies.

They aren't the Motoring Enthusiast Party.

I've got a car, I've got a big back shiny car
Yeah maybe they are more a dog and pony show. Either way, they are only appealing to a pretty narrow audience and they don’t care. Get enough of the vote to get some funding to pay for their salaries and never be lumbered with the complexity of actually implementing anything for the country. See the leader of the greens quitting his job during the height of the Climate Crisis?

Eion

First Grade
Follow the money trail and Poorlean and her hanger ons. Ashby and Co. One Nation gets what, $2.70 per vote goes into the kitty. Remember the trip to the Yank NRA. and the quote, "We need 10 million and we can control the Australian Senate."

The two headed red necks up here are unbelieveable with their adoration of her and her policies.

"They took our jerbs"
^^^

carcharias

Immortal
They’re like those junkies you can see a mile away.
The make a B line for you.
You know before they even open their mouth that they are going to hit you up for a couple of bucks.
Then they’ll add a bit of a bullshit back story to kind of justify the scabbing.

"They took our jerbs"

Ahhhh Pauline, possessing most of the characteristics of Mr Trump (minus the moolah)