What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scotty - i'm pleased

freeridermx

Juniors
but remember the whole team defence was sh*t at least he tired which cant be said for some or that is how it looked . scotty didnt stop trying and didnt get much help from his team mates.

~knights~

Juniors
just looked at his profile from the knights site and he is contracted till 2007

nickname "maverick" ,lol

Spitty

Juniors
Thought he looked promising in attack but he's was a woeful defender at Flegg level and he's even worse in FG. After a long first up kick which went dead he seemed to find his range after that and looked dangerous. His passing also looked very crisp considering his lack of combination with the guys around him. Wasn't very impressed that he pulled his hands out of the way of a dummy half pass that lead the Lyon's second try, he really should have had a lot more committment to attacking the ball. But all in all he was one of the better of a bad bunch.

Wasnt disappointed in him, its a rarity that anyone sets the world on fire in their debut.

+ We got flogged.

That being said he looked confident and had some quality touches.

League_God

Juniors
1.Kidley

2.Vuna

3.Wes

4.Mullen

5.Uate

6.Dureau

7.Walsh

maybe use mullen as manly use lyon with dureau and mullen swapping a bit during the game??
something to think about........ provided we resign dureau and he works on his defence a sh*tload, mullen would off so much at centre....fast, chunky, great passing game and strong...

League_God

Juniors
just thought id add, im fairly sure i have heard of mullen playing centre during his juniors or something......roopy??

keeney

First Grade
That backline may score a few but they'd leak more than a sieve, a sieve that was just a hole.

roopy

Referee
League_God said:
just thought id add, im fairly sure i have heard of mullen playing centre during his juniors or something......roopy??
an article in issue 7 of knights newspaper says walsh played 5/8 and Mullen played centre for Rosellas under 16s. Inglis also played in the backs.

I'd say whoever held down number 7 for that team has a 'coulda been a champion' story to tell.

EDIT - he only played 5/8 and a very few games at halfback in the Knights lower grades. Most of his time at halfback was in PL and i think it was to give him the skills to replace joey if needed.

keeney

First Grade
He certainly has all the skills to be a centre, I wouldn't be opposed to it if it wasn't such a negative move defensively at this stage.

Munky

Coach
This bloke had some awesome passing.

Perfect long spirals going both ways. With a bit of training your set pieces will be unstoppable if this guy fires.

roopy

Referee
Munky said:
This bloke had some awesome passing.

Perfect long spirals going both ways. With a bit of training your set pieces will be unstoppable if this guy fires.
A moment i witnessed at a trial match for Flegg a few years ago.
It was the first game of Flegg for winger Aku Uate and Walsh and Dureau were obviously keen to get him involved.
At a break down in play Walsh called something to Dureau from just inside the left hand boundary line, and he called out to Uate on the right hand boundary line to stand deep and start running when the ball was played. the dummy half popped the ball quickly to Walsh who spun out a 20 metre pass to Dureau who spun out a 20 metre pass to Uate and hit him on the chest at pace.
The most amazing thing about them spining the ball from one side of the field to the other and hitting a winger at pace with pin point accuracy was that they both knew they could do it without the slightest doubt in their minds.

Ben

Bench
This gives all the more reason to cut Reynoldson. I'd even refrain from resigning Abraham for Dureau.

the ref

Juniors
We could all see that his tackling technique needs a bit off work, but if Walsh had off been bumped off by Watmough like that he would have played the entire game on the wing.
And to Keeney, 3 kicks out on the full, numerous missed tackles,dropped balls and kicks straight to the opposition, i wouldnt say that that was a better debut by Walsh.
I cant remember one of Dureau's kicks going to hand.
He is currently unsigned for next season and the word was that he didnt fit into Brian's plans but his outstanding form in Premier League has changed minds.
Currently whats in the paper is just paper talk as he hasnt fielded offers from anyone including the knights.
As Jarrod's best mate i think that the two of them would be a better halves combination.

roopy

Referee
I actually think the best combination in attack is Walsh/Dureau - the best in defence is Dureau/Mullen - and maybe Walsh/Mullen is the best overall - but there is a split match in it.
All three combinations work.

Latest posts