What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scummy Bill

shiznit

Coach
this from a news article about SBW this morning...

The Warriors have also been linked to Williams, although CEO Wayne Scurrah was giving little away.

"I won't say we've got no interest," he said. "But we've had no discussions with his agent of any nature. Obviously he's an outstanding player in both rugby and rugby league but we have not considered any signing."

Warriors coach Brian McClennan said the club could not afford Williams

not completely shutting the door on it...

Micistm

Bench
:? Don't know what to say to this. If 2 blokes mark him he has nothing? What does that even mean? Not only does that apply to anyone who has ever played, it also means by definition he is effective as he creates an overlap every time he is marked correctly.

http://boxrec.com/ratings.php?sex=M&division=Heavyweight&country=NZ&pageID=1

ok mate, there is the list of rankings of current NZ heavyweight pro boxers. You'll see Tillman has dropped to #7 after the SBW fight. Richard Tutaki, SBW's proposed opponent, is at 5- but he recently lost to Tillman.

Boxrec is not a governing body, it doesn't do "official" rankings, but is generally regarded as the best, most unbiased source for up to date info and a pretty good gauge on where people stand.

(a) Who is SBW supposed to fight?

(b) Are all NZ professional heavyweight boxers (with the possible exception of the 2 blokes above SBW) "not boxers"?

Who is he supposed to fight??!!! The ****ing current #1! As in any sport! You don't just pick someone you want, to challenge for a 'vacant title spot.' That's just ridiculous.
Tillmans an actor. He's fat. Hes a fat actor! He's a yank, who couldn't have claimed the title should he have even won (Say, sat on SBW and smothered him).
Achievement my arse.

How many tests has he been an AB? How much actual gametime, how much has he made an impact? Why should he be picked for the ABs over his teammate Frewin (Sorry don't know how to spell it) in the Crusaders that made him look much better than he is, better than the actual Rookie he is.
He has acheived in Rugby- To be mentioned in the same sentence in the Union importance food chain as Carter, McCaw...when you are just a rookie with promo ability is a 'well done' to his management circus!

God, you think back to the shit going down during the WC by his clowns saying he was 'best in the world', and deserved more gametime was laughable. At times he was jumping on the spot like Rick dancing on the Young Ones, not knowing where to put himself! He looked lost! And there weren't other more worthy players around the country that should've been there over him?! Give me a break:roll:

hitman82

Bench
I personally know a number of boxers who are better than Tillman, just to put things in perspective...

Micistm

Bench
I personally know a number of boxers who are better than Tillman, just to put things in perspective...

Exactly. 'Who's he supposed to fight...?' -Shit. If he wanted to fight Tillman while the guy waited for his next acting job- knock yourself out I'd say (excuse the pun). But if thats a title fight, I'm a lump of cheese called Rupert.
When you have a title fight, you fight the Title Holder! Why was the oppenent suddenly changed? Is it really to do with his charges he was up on? Or maybe not enough of a 'dead cert' for their boy? He's certainly keen for his chance vs SBW- he was in the ring straight after challenging again.
Time will tell- let's see how they respond to challengers for the title (God that sounds such a farce saying that now), or if they will remain selective.

I love the SBW apologists- He's only starting, you wouldn't expect a rookie tennis player to take on the pros first up etc...what bollocks. The big difference is, those Rookie Tennis players aren't strutting in, picking themselves someone to play for this 'vacant' title spot! It's just so crazy:lol:

vvvrulz

Coach
Until I see him in the ring with Shane Cameron, he is no boxer to me. And his lack of loyalty to any code/team as far as I'm concerned doesn't make him a true All Black or Crusader/Chief. When you think of legends like Bunce/Umaga and their illustrious history and commitment, SBW doesn't even deserve to be in the same sentence.

vvvrulz

Coach
I've heard that Mundine always made sure he never fought anyone half decent, so they must be ushering SBW down the same route.

JoeD

First Grade
My care factor about SBW is just about zero. The only reason it isnt zero is bacause now there is a suggestion of a possibility he will be coming to the warriors. I don't think that will happen though and that pleases me.

I've heard that Mundine always made sure he never fought anyone half decent, so they must be ushering SBW down the same route.

Yeah Mundine hasn't even had a fight in the States yet. Just lives off the fact aussies wanna see him get KO'd so only fights in Aus.