What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scummy Bill

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Who is he supposed to fight??!!! The ****ing current #1! As in any sport! You don't just pick someone you want, to challenge for a 'vacant title spot.' That's just ridiculous.

It was the NZ Boxing Whateverit'scalled that offered him the title shot because the title was vacant. You can't fight a title holder who doesn't exist! You're being completely ridiculous if you think David Tua is going to come out of semi-retirement to fight SBW for a local title.

Tillmans an actor. He's fat. Hes a fat actor!

No, he's a boxer. He boxes. It's what he does. He's actually been very busy in terms of regular fights. I gave you the link. It's not in dispute.

How many tests has he been an AB? How much actual gametime, how much has he made an impact? Why should he be picked for the ABs over his teammate Frewin (Sorry don't know how to spell it) in the Crusaders that made him look much better than he is, better than the actual Rookie he is.
He has acheived in Rugby- To be mentioned in the same sentence in the Union importance food chain as Carter, McCaw...when you are just a rookie with promo ability is a 'well done' to his management circus!

Who said he was as good as Carter or McCaw? He has been picked in All Black sides from 2010-2011 because he was regarded as one of the best options at 12 or 13 and has since amassed 14 tests. Or are you going to tell me this isn't the case somehow?

God, you think back to the shit going down during the WC by his clowns saying he was 'best in the world', and deserved more gametime was laughable. At times he was jumping on the spot like Rick dancing on the Young Ones, not knowing where to put himself! He looked lost! And there weren't other more worthy players around the country that should've been there over him?! Give me a break:roll:

I think he was selected because those in charge of selection thought he was the best option as 12/13/wing cover off the bench and a possible starter in case of injury. But nah, I'm sure your conspiracy theory is much closer to the truth. I'm sure Graham Henry had SBW as his back-up midfielder in a RWC final he absolutely had to win for non-rugby reasons. FMD.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
When you have a title fight, you fight the Title Holder! Why was the oppenent suddenly changed? Is it really to do with his charges he was up on? Or maybe not enough of a 'dead cert' for their boy? He's certainly keen for his chance vs SBW- he was in the ring straight after challenging again.
Time will tell- let's see how they respond to challengers for the title (God that sounds such a farce saying that now), or if they will remain selective.

Are you taking the piss? The original opponent LOST TO TILLMAN in a recent fight! If Tillman is such a joke then how bad must Tutaki be?

What are you even talking about "remain selective"??? There's no-one left! There's Tua and Welliver and I doubt either of them would bother fighting a novice for a poxy regional title.

Micistm

Bench
Lol, call him a boxer if you like Manu, thats WAY past...you get the odd retiree opponent with a spare tyre...but not an entire ****ing tractor tube.
He's listed as an actor. He's fat, he's a fat actor. Was he a boxer in a past life? maybe. Was he the title holder? No, not even eligable for it. That is not a title fight. Yet he has the belt from it. That is ridiculous, regardless how many links spouting Tillmans credibility you put up.
Who said he was as good as Carter/McCaw? No one. The point is, this is a rookie, learning the game. Yet his hype, his coverage, is covered like he was a real AB rather than an AB version of the monkees.
Henry was onto him quickly, giving him less and less time through the WC-that's what caused all the BS with his circus camp, angry he wasn't getting enough gametime (Read coverage).

Micistm

Bench
Are you taking the piss? The original opponent LOST TO TILLMAN in a recent fight! If Tillman is such a joke then how bad must Tutaki be?

What are you even talking about "remain selective"??? There's no-one left! There's Tua and Welliver and I doubt either of them would bother fighting a novice for a poxy regional title.

The word selective will come up again when challengers are being picked...

Micistm

Bench
Title fight for our celeb boy: Let him pick a guy that can't even take the title if he wins. Hmmm...how bout that fat Bastard that's listed as an actor? He's inbetween jobs and has been a past journeyman...he'd be up for a bit of dosh! Hell, he'd even be able to put his acting skills to good use in the weigh in!
Then, we'll hype the shit out of it, see how many idiots are stupid enough to buy this pay per view like its going to be a real fight.
SBW can hop in the ring, do his stuff. Tillman can roll in looking like an angry motivated version of Jabba the Hutt, and go down like a bag of shit in the first round, after swinging a couple of arms to look like an agitated Sumo trying to get through a busy mall. SBW gets his title, Tillman gets a payday and then can announce his retirement to focus on more acting...everyone's a winner, just like a Ribena ad...;-)

Micistm

Bench
Careful though...He's a HUGE step up from that fat injured 40+ christian on the sickness benefit you took on last time...

Meth

Staff member
If you don't like SBW, that's fine.

But the suggestion that he has not accomplished anything of substance as an athlete is simply not an intelligent one.

He has been a part of a premiership winning NRL team.

He has been a part of a World Cup winning All Black team.

He has won the NZ Heavyweight boxing title.

end thread/

hitman82

Bench
Oh he's achieved heaps, definitely. But he's still a **** with zero mana

Last edited by a moderator:

ozbash

Referee

But the suggestion that he has not accomplished anything of substance as an athlete is simply not an intelligent one.

end thread/

Much more of that and I might start liking you, Meth...

Micistm

Bench

end thread/

Some fair points...and I openly admit I just can't stand the guy...although I'm sure as an actually person, away from the circus, he'd be a nice enough young fellow. I agree with the part of the premier winning league team...technically part of a WC winning AB team, but IMO he was a passenger. The less said about the boxing the better:lol:
That said, because of the camp he is associated with...he could bring about world peace and I'd still shit in his glovebox if I knew which one his car was

Rich102

Staff member
Some fair points...and I openly admit I just can't stand the guy...although I'm sure as an actually person, away from the circus, he'd be a nice enough young fellow. I agree with the part of the premier winning league team...technically part of a WC winning AB team, but IMO he was a passenger. The less said about the boxing the better:lol:
That said, because of the camp he is associated with...he could bring about world peace and I'd still shit in his glovebox if I knew which one his car was

I don't even want to think how you would go about this!

JoeD

First Grade
Although I met him down here in Christchurch, and he seemed a very humble, genuine kid.
Yet he doesn't portray that through his and his entourage's actions.

vvvrulz

Coach
Listing him has being in eight fights means nothing. If they were every bit as farcical as the SBW fight then he has no credibility. Face simple facts, whatever he used to be he was an overweight slob when he faced SBW.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Listing him has being in eight fights means nothing. If they were every bit as farcical as the SBW fight then he has no credibility. Face simple facts, whatever he used to be he was an overweight slob when he faced SBW.

They were ho-hum typical fights on the NZ boxing scene. He is one of the better boxers on said scene. There is no "used to be" as he only STARTED recently. He has always been overweight.

Christ, how hard is it for people to concede when they've been misinformed on a basic factual point?

JoeD

First Grade
A case of 'you see what you want to see', I think
Doesnt matter, perception is everything. As portrayed by this thread. 'On paper' he's a NZ sporting superstar. Kiwis love a winner, why dont we love SBW?