What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scurrah resigns and Warriors to stay at Mt Smart.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I think that's our issue with Scurrah as fans. Far too often we saw his oar being poked into the waters of football matters, which he is significantly under qualified for.

Obviously the Cleary onto McClennan issue made his name mud as well. Although to be fair, the groundswell of patriotism towards Bluey made it almost impossible to ignore him.

Diesel

Referee
The decision to stay at Mt Smart is important for many reasons IMO, fans are closer to the action, they only need 12k to make as a proit instead of 18k, which is good for the lean years and they don't need to help bail out RU & the Eden Park Trust for the RWC 2011 which in many eyes was a mistake to spend money on an all purpose stadium that's turning into a lemon when they could've had a unique stadium on the waterfront (but that's another rant for another day)

Blake

Juniors
Holy shit yes!!!

Warriors to become a powerhouse now and hopefully not as many jerseys each year (sorry Mt Wellington)

Was Wayne pushed or told to jump?

I was listening to an interview with Scurrah over the weekend and the issue of the number of jerseys was brought up. Why do the Warriors have so many!

Answer: they have as many as every other team. And they sell more jerseys than every other team.

Diesel

Referee
They had the WIL jersey that they're selling but it doesn't look like they're going to wear it this year.

Canterbury, Easts, Souths, Dragons roll out the same jersey designs every year and I'm sure they're selling enough merchandise

sup42

Juniors
I was listening to an interview with Scurrah over the weekend and the issue of the number of jerseys was brought up. Why do the Warriors have so many!

Answer: they have as many as every other team. And they sell more jerseys than every other team.
Did he mention the twenty five Million reasons why we should keep doing what we were ?

I couldn't argue with that thinking. That sort of Money would pay off a Mt Smart Purchase and put a roof on the hole.

Fingers crossed if we're going away from the Jerseys we have a better plan to replace them.

Otherwise who cares how many we play in.

sup42

Juniors
I think that's our issue with Scurrah as fans. Far too often we saw his oar being poked into the waters of football matters, which he is significantly under qualified for.

Obviously the Cleary onto McClennan issue made his name mud as well. Although to be fair, the groundswell of patriotism towards Bluey made it almost impossible to ignore him.
Constant telling porkies is an unwise way to front your business. Our owners have been forced into taking stock........letting Wayne play the messenger led in terms of the disconnect with their fan base...shucks...look at how many celebratory posts there are in here already.

Too little too late for Schurrah, the new transparency will not unravel the elephant like memories Rugby league collar people have for all the past manipulations.

Interesting that is part of our culture. Straight shooters are forgiven for delivering home truths , Silver tongues are ineffective in the simple League culture....often backfires.

Some Folk for that reason want Steve Price brought into the fold to cap off the removing of the old guard and putting someone with a name in Aus in charge of getting people here.

Rich102

Staff member
No link, instant suspension of mod duties. Grade 4 charge.

Quite right. But both stories are published on LU to the right of the screen.
Thanks MKEB for the attributions.
Now I'll go sit in the naughty chair for a while.

sup42

Juniors
Get a NSW Jumper Rich , you'll be down graded in ten minutes. Fit to type again without delay.

Auckland4ever

Juniors
Did he mention the twenty five Million reasons why we should keep doing what we were ?

I couldn't argue with that thinking. That sort of Money would pay off a Mt Smart Purchase and put a roof on the hole.

Fingers crossed if we're going away from the Jerseys we have a better plan to replace them.

Otherwise who cares how many we play in.

Agree. People don't have to buy the jerseys, but obviously the demand is there. Anything is better than falling into a Newcastle-type situation.
We're playing good football and the club is financially secure. Am ambivalent about the Scurrah resignation. The catfight between our owners was enough to suggest to me that Wayne wasn't the sole cancer in our setup.

tangalife

Juniors
For me its not the amount of jerseys.

Its the price of them.

I look forward to see what our heritage jersey will be each year, so I quite like the multiple designs even if fundamentally its a bit silly having so many. Plus I am okay to support the club when it makes them alot of money. Rich club = better club = better for me as fan.

Blake

Juniors
For me its not the amount of jerseys.

Its the price of them.

I look forward to see what our heritage jersey will be each year, so I quite like the multiple designs even if fundamentally its a bit silly having so many. Plus I am okay to support the club when it makes them alot of money. Rich club = better club = better for me as fan.

There are a couple of reasons I don't buy them, one is how they look and two is the cost.

A tonne of people clearly don't think the price is enough to put them off buying them each season.

Plus if we look at design as a way of representing a multicultural fan base then the range of jersey designs should be embraced because it shows that Warriors fans are a diverse bunch of people.

WellsNZ

Juniors
ice-cube-it-was-a-good-day-dvdrip.jpg

LeagueNut

First Grade
Same. Also, slightly suspicious. I'm not used to my club making good decisions.
This is what I'm thinking too. It's the old "if it's too good to be true, it probably is" scenario.

It's remarkable how much we seem to have turned around from the start of the year.

Is it safe to assume Uncle Eric has been the driver for much of this??

MKEB...

Staff member
Maybe he is playing it safe from the Elliott and Glenn fallouts. Still, Jim in the role, that is a coup, I can only see good from that.

Diesel

Referee
I'm really looking forward to the next 5 years, I think with management change and on-field turn around, this new culture will deliver us a premiership in the next 2-3 years, maybe 2 premierships by the end of the decade.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Scrolling down Facebook on my phone this morning

"Warriors spurn Eden Park" - hell yeah!

Scroll further down

"Scurrah to stand down at the end of the year" - like likey like!

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
The Jerseys issue is the way it's done. By all means have a bunch of jerseys- but make the bulk of them the same general colour scheme like the Dragons and Dogs do, and only use the "special" ones once or twice on-field. I'd like to see them stick to something like this:

Main/home jersey (black/red/white)- worn for all home games excpt specified below, and away game s where it doesn't clash or cause heat issues
Away/clash jersey - (white/red/black) worn for away games in the heat or when the black clashes
Heritage 1995 jersey - Heritage round
Women in League jersey - women in league round

Other than that maybe one other jersey that keeps the same general colour scheme as the home strip, and possibly a Wellington jersey. That should be it. But pis off with stuff like the electric blue "Eden Park" strips.

Latest posts