What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SEAN RUDDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

reladith

Juniors
I was speaking to a mate of mine today who also happens to be a regular Knights firstgrader and rep player and the topic got to Sean.

He said the value that he gave the team and club off the park was unbelievable and as a club man he made blokes like Bill Peden and Mark Galnville pale in comparison.

Amoung the first grade team he was one of the most popular players in the club if not the most popular.

The biggest contribution he made was to the juniors. He was the ONLY player who regularly gave his own time to help them and turn up the games and run training sessions.

The SG Ball success, he said could partly be credited to the amount of time that he spent with them.

He also told me that he was the one who kept Scott Briggs in check with the club and his leaving has exposed Briggs to the discipline problems that the club are struggling to handle.

I never thought of what Sean did off the field as it was always the norm to criticise his on field exploits.

I just hope that the resident Rudder bashers who seem to have jumped back on the bandwagon in the absence of any success for this team this year, can look at this and see that although not one of the most talented players in the world, his work and devotion to the club should exonerate him from numerous blemishes on the field.

I ask you critics, could you have done any better?

If that is true. That is great work from sean.

I have always admired him and never bagged him out. He always gave his all..

He never performed poorly on the field, he is just a no frills player. People expect him to dummy step run 50 meters chip kick regather throw an impossible cutout pass to the winger, back up the winger who offloads and then to score under the posts..

All the hate driven towards him i felt was extremely unwarranted.

I would definately have sean back at the club and i am sure he would want to be back.. I hope he is here next year.

And BIHK i dont give a stuff what you think. Sean is a great person and clubman. Your bashings arent welcome here.

I hate how people make him feel unwelcomed.

Look at how crap we are this year without sean..

Nuffy

Bench
I say bring the bloke back as a backrower, let him prove himself next year and then we'll see what happens.

We could really use the depth if nothing else.

Nuffy

Bench
Have the Knights offered to take him back?

I would say that he shouldn't expect much, he needs to prove himself again.

I am surprised to hear that we have made him such an offer.

Nuffy

Bench
If thats the case, I say sign him up...............he'd be good for depth next year in the backrow.

Sarge...............can I lend you a pen.

macavity

Referee
always seemed a nice guy when i talked to him @ gym.

hope he comes back, he has something to offer us.

Ive never bagged him out badly, but... he does get a bit and we must admit he isn't a 5/8...

maybe we can get Briggs back on track.... :)

macavity said:
always seemed a nice guy when i talked to him @ gym.

hope he comes back, he has something to offer us.

Ive never bagged him out badly, but... he does get a bit and we must admit he isn't a 5/8...

maybe we can get Briggs back on track.... :)

Yep, as i said, all the crap he got was unwarranted.

I just hope at the very least, he can join the team, do a good job and not cop shit.

He is a nice person. I have seen him in brissie, he seemed quiet.

I would take him back without thinking.

He is a no frills player, every team needs that. And if what is said is true, the influence he brings is great.

Ben

Bench
lets hope he gets a contract and when he is finished he is given a role in the club...something like peden's current role...he sounds like he does a lot of work off the field and maybe could be a trainer or something

Misanthrope

Staff member
I never got the Rudder bashing. It's almost as inexplicable as the idiots who call Gidley a turnstile. Anyone else hear the commentary tonight pointing out that Lewis and Roberts' wing has let in half of the tries conceded by Penrith this year? Christ, what does that make them?

I always liked Rudder, from the first game I saw him in (when we smashed the Bears back in 1999). If he wants to play on, we should let him. Why are we investing in nobodies from other clubs when we've got established first graders like O'Davis and Rudder offering to play on for next to nothing.

Nuffy

Bench
He used to come into the General Roberts on game day and punt whilst we were sucking up schooners, mate if he wants to re establish himself as a footy player, we owe him the opportunity, i'd say he was better than a lot of the blokes running around in our FG team.

Just don't let him play 5/8, stick him in the backrow, hes a fair size and has played nearly 100 FG games.

Shit we signed a nobody from Penrith, surely old rudds deserves a crack, he'd still only be mid 20's

antonius

Coach
Sean Rudder when you think about it sacrificed a solid career in the NRL as a backrower to help the club out when we had no 5/8th, he went so well at it they kept him there, I know some will say he played a couple of good games there and that's it, but we won a premiership with him there, he was never out injured and people should remember this he could only play where he was selected, Hages picked him at 5/8th and that's where he played without whinging about it (unlike some I could mention), he did what the club wanted, then got crucified by certain elements for doing it. Certainly no star, but Johns said plenty of times he wouldn't have anyone else at 5/8th that must mean something. There is a piece in todays paper that the club are speaking with him re-next year. (Get those arrows sharpened BIHK) ;-)

Nuffy

Bench
I am glad the club is talking to him, he'd add some experience and depth to the club.

He'd need to work on him defence after being in the ESL but he'd have something to prove and I for one hope he is back at the club next year.

We need the depth!!

Nuffy

Bench
I forgot to add, I would also like to see the club extend a lifeline to Paul Franze, he was a standout player in the Sharkies FG side but seems to be out of favour.

In the right environment (i.e back home) I think he would be a standout player and again add some depth and competition to the centre position.

Give him a chance to reestablish himself and reap the rewards.

It was said in todays tele that Franze has been cut from the Sharks, ..................Sarge get straight on the phone.

northey

First Grade
i read somewhere that sarge was unable to offer sean any money to play for the knights... dam johns..... he is greedy.. and you know what rudder would play for nothing

Rudder is a good man. I met him once. Yes it is true he worked his arse off for the club even though he left the knights on good terms to join castleford. I agree he would be good for depth. He deserves a second chance. That is what sets us apart from other clubs, our belief in our own people. Twice it has been rewarded. Reynoldson is a major buy. Melbourne are absolutely filfthy he has left. Check the Storm forum for the abuse he has been receving. It is a joke. For those of you who recall my post about verbal abuse in forums (It was not meant to pisss you good people off but to get rid of those who upset you), there is aperfect example of it getting out of control. Again sorry to those who were offended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts