What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Season ‘22

Tiger05

First Grade

WESTS TIGERS​

1. Daine Laurie
2. David Nofoaluma
3. Oliver Gildart
4. James Roberts
5. Ken Maumalo
6. Jackson Hastings
7. Luke Brooks
8. James Tamou
9. Jacob Liddle
10. Stefano Utoikamanu
11. Kelma Tuilagi
12. Luciano Leilua
13. Joe Ofahengaue

14. Starford To'a
15. Junior Pauga
16. Jock Madden
17. Zane Musgrove
18. Jake Simpkin
19. Austin Dias
20. Alex Seyfarth
21. Rua Ngatikaura
22. Tyrone Peachey
23. Tuki Simpkins

Tiger05

First Grade
That trial team is interesting. I think Twal makes the top team and maybe Mikaele as well.

That starting team though must be pretty close to our best team with maybe some tweaks with injuries etc.

I like that backrow. Peachey can come on and replace Joe O. If he is killing it he can also move be used at prop. I think we are way too dependent on Stefano being a dominant prop week in and week out. We need some of our other middle forwards to step up.

I also think you have to run with Liddle and Simpkin because I can't see either of them going 80 minutes.

Magpies Forever

Juniors
For crissake you lot. Back to footy please- WT have more than enough to bag them for at the moment, rather than each other here.

On the topic. I hope the season is better for us than early signs indicate. I dont think a top 8 spot awaits us, but not spoon material yet. I just want 1 better spot than 2021 and some more dead wood / underperformers gone at season end. Then of course they ave to be replaced by someone better - thats the issue isnt it? :)

Tiger05

First Grade
Nope Brooks was. Didn’t you hear?

Brooks and Laurie were our best players but Brooks played more games than Doueihi and Laurie. If it was based on being the best player excluding injury it would have been Laurie or Douiehi.

WESTS TIGERS​

1. Daine Laurie
2. David Nofoaluma
3. Oliver Gildart
4. James Roberts
5. Ken Maumalo
6. Jackson Hastings
7. Luke Brooks
8. James Tamou
9. Jacob Liddle
10. Stefano Utoikamanu
11. Kelma Tuilagi
12. Luciano Leilua
13. Joe Ofahengaue

14. Starford To'a
15. Junior Pauga
16. Jock Madden
17. Zane Musgrove
18. Jake Simpkin
19. Austin Dias
20. Alex Seyfarth
21. Rua Ngatikaura
22. Tyrone Peachey
23. Tuki Simpkins

It’s an interesting and progressive take.

I can live with it.

Probably the highlights will be :

* the communication between JtJ and Gildart in attack.

* Hastings and Brooksy as a preview. Good idea to start them early. Worth the price of admission alone.

* forget the numbers, I’d say the first batch of interchanges are the most likely to reflect the season favourites for the role, as it might approximate actual match conditions. Just a theory, let’s see.

* I sniff the Peach having a go at rake, although Liddle was starting to rally last year. Amazing pace and the second wind v Panthers at LO. It was a superb take and tactical run, ripping to shreds the entire smug side with only a couple of metres start. Young fit men and he showed them up.

Game might be rained out tbh. It’s been pissing down all week. If it is played, we can expect a very dangerous track for the players, so the game should be quite irregular and softer. I’m ok with that too.

Anyway, back to the war. Aljazeera good coverage.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Roosters have only named a half strength team. I know we’re missing a few and it’s only a trial but I really think it’s important to get a win here, even if it’s purely for the fans confidence. Cause right now I couldn’t have any less.

Roosters have only named a half strength team. I know we’re missing a few and it’s only a trial but I really think it’s important to get a win here, even if it’s purely for the fans confidence. Cause right now I couldn’t have any less.

I’m still on the trial bandwagon and more interested in learning and some good play than than the actual result.

But if we get stomped on by a fair margin, It would mean we are in some difficulties and make for an anxious start to the season proper.

Although somewhat astonishingly, a thrashing by 50 v the storm might be seen as a promising sign at the moment.

Best to the boys though, I want them to play good footy.

Mr_Raditch

Juniors
We definitely need a good showing. For both the fans & the team. That loss against the dogs in the last round meant we started the pre season on the back foot.

Tigerm

Coach
It's half time, I thought the forwards showed a bit more energy, it was Tamou's best start to a game, I thought, though that tackle will hurt him at the judiciary?
Hastings and Brooks meh? Though early days.
The conditions wont allow he backs to do much unfortunately. I think Gildart is showing some promise, hope he can keep it going?

Latest posts