What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Season ‘22

Tiger05

First Grade
I think Liddle and Simpkin both have poor service at times. That Rua kid came on and provided crisp passes in front of the man and it makes a massive difference.

Seyfarth is a good un. One of the first picked in my eyes.

Brooks to me won't be able to hold his spot unless he improves out of sight. Atm he is just a runner of the footy. You could play him as an impact player off the bench but Madden, Hastings and Doueihi are better options in the halves.

Speedy Gonzales

Juniors
I think Liddle and Simpkin both have poor service at times. That Rua kid came on and provided crisp passes in front of the man and it makes a massive difference.

Brooks to me won't be able to hold his spot unless he improves out of sight. Atm he is just a runner of the footy. You could play him as an impact player off the bench but Madden, Hastings and Doueihi are better options in the halves.
Simpkin is the worst of the bunch imo ..
So much hype so little promise. That Rua kid basically showed us in 40 mins of trial footy of what we've been expecting from Simpkin, but he's got this year and next to prove himself still.

Madden was also impressive but Roosters had just about packed it in by the time he came on let's be honest

Also Musgrove deserves a shout out, hopefully he can build on that

Last edited:

Mr_Raditch

Juniors
Again only watched the highlights on YouTube so appreciate the comments. Sounds like there was a bit more to be hopeful about coming out of this game. The first two Roosters tries looked like they just strolled through, absolutely terrible defence on the left. It just baffles me that year after we can't get defend our edges. It'll be another year of teams needing nothing more than a repeat set before they score on our edges, pretty hard to win any games like that.
Again I'm hopeful that Hastings & Peachey improve our attacking options as it sounds like Brooks hasn't improved. Hopefully we've got that Rua kid signed up for a few years as judging by the comments on here & in the game day thread, other clubs will be sniffing.

The Rosco

Bench
Thoughts from last night:
The good . . . Hastings showed a glimpse of what might be a great signing.
Rua is amazing. Has made more impact than Simpkin in just 30 minutes on the field. And I rated Simpkin.
The Jet taxied about nicely. Made a couple of good runs, seemed to have got early ball at last.
Madden looked sharp late in the game. Sharper than you know who.
Luciano played great, and at least showed he has the self respect to put in effort for the rest of the season.
Diaz showed good signs in limited minutes.
Peach had a quiet game, can't pass left, but looked great last week so a bit of time to gel will help.
Laurie played with passion and it was great to see him get pissed off at all the dropped ball.
Gildart has to get used to our unique edge defensive structures, but showed a couple of good signs in attack.
Kelma needs to stay. Strong and aggressive.
Overall, we came back from 2 tries to zip. Our D was actually effective, holding them up before knocking them down. No customary tries just before or just after halftime, except for ours !! . We competed till the whistle. We were still up and about even in the last minute.
Tamou, Mr 20% captain is a bone head. Actually maybe he is a stone head, a la Easter Island statues.
Collins, however is a dropkick of another calibre. What Tamou did was stupid and undefendable.
Collins's tackle was dangerous, and he had plenty of time to make the decision.
2 weeks for Jimmy, and with Collins' priors, has to be 5 weeks. But it's Roosters.
And finally, my household is littered with Roosters fans. At fulltime, their argument was that "they didn't have Tedesco, Keary, JWH, etc"
I replied with "either do we"
Just a trial, but some good signs.
Liked it. 7.5 / 10

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
The funniest and most embarrassing (for one of our players) moment of the game? In your opinion. Which was it. Come on think. I’d prob watch the replay just for that, if I’m feeling down…

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
Gees youse are all in on this leadership group thing, no different to any other year bar the fact that they made a media announcement about it. Every club has a leadership group.
Yea but rarely if ever 5 players, and leadership usually means leaders are included..Not just talkers Brooks, Maimaulo (apparently he talks a bit now) , Jim. What the fk are they going to do for the team in the way of inspiration challenging refs you name it.
Would Brooks attempting to score a try and ending up so short I burst out laughing inspire you. I mean he’s inventing things that have never been seen before for us to laugh at!!!or continually try to kick repeat sets through the oppositions legs..seriously who’s going to listen to Brooks
When Laurie nails a repeat set on the run under pressure in the rain with his eyes closed.

Last edited:

Pezz70

Juniors

Liddles game has been pretty much on point in the two trials, it’s long been said he’s a gooden, last year was pretty much his first decent NRL season. I know I carry on but he needs a kick in his game. His running game is looking really good. I think this year he will show he is every bit as good as Harry Grant/Korisau etc

Liddles game has been pretty much on point in the two trials, it’s long been said he’s a gooden, last year was pretty much his first decent NRL season. I know I carry on but he needs a kick in his game. His running game is looking really good. I think this year he will show he is every bit as good as Harry Grant/Korisau etc
Apparently he needs scan on knee now.

Vic Mackey

Referee

I agree, I’ve been death riding him for a year however I think he’s been one of our better players in the 2 trials. With our forwards on the front foot last night he was dangerous. Would be a shame if he’s injured

Fordy20

Juniors
Yea but rarely if ever 5 players, and leadership usually means leaders are included..Not just talkers Brooks, Maimaulo (apparently he talks a bit now) , Jim. What the fk are they going to do for the team in the way of inspiration challenging refs you name it.
Would Brooks attempting to score a try and ending up so short I burst out laughing inspire you. I mean he’s inventing things that have never been seen before for us to laugh at!!!or continually try to kick repeat sets through the oppositions legs..seriously who’s going to listen to Brooks
When Laurie nails a repeat set on the run under pressure in the rain with his eyes closed.

The boys clearly weren't inspired by Ken's try saving effort either. Naiqama strolls across the line the very next tackle despite having the numbers. Such a rabble.

Tigerm

Coach
And he has Robbie there to show him the way.

Not sure what to make of all the 9's we have atm with Korisau coming, someone will not be here next season, I would think?

Tigerm

Coach
Thoughts from last night:
The good . . . Hastings showed a glimpse of what might be a great signing.
Rua is amazing. Has made more impact than Simpkin in just 30 minutes on the field. And I rated Simpkin.
The Jet taxied about nicely. Made a couple of good runs, seemed to have got early ball at last.
Madden looked sharp late in the game. Sharper than you know who.
Luciano played great, and at least showed he has the self respect to put in effort for the rest of the season.
Diaz showed good signs in limited minutes.
Peach had a quiet game, can't pass left, but looked great last week so a bit of time to gel will help.
Laurie played with passion and it was great to see him get pissed off at all the dropped ball.
Gildart has to get used to our unique edge defensive structures, but showed a couple of good signs in attack.
Kelma needs to stay. Strong and aggressive.
Overall, we came back from 2 tries to zip. Our D was actually effective, holding them up before knocking them down. No customary tries just before or just after halftime, except for ours !! . We competed till the whistle. We were still up and about even in the last minute.
Tamou, Mr 20% captain is a bone head. Actually maybe he is a stone head, a la Easter Island statues.
Collins, however is a dropkick of another calibre. What Tamou did was stupid and undefendable.
Collins's tackle was dangerous, and he had plenty of time to make the decision.
2 weeks for Jimmy, and with Collins' priors, has to be 5 weeks. But it's Roosters.
And finally, my household is littered with Roosters fans. At fulltime, their argument was that "they didn't have Tedesco, Keary, JWH, etc"
I replied with "either do we"
Just a trial, but some good signs.
Liked it. 7.5 / 10
Agree, but I thought at least Tamou showed he has a pulse and had a go, like a lot of the forwards, unlike most of last season?

Tiger05

First Grade
The funniest and most embarrassing (for one of our players) moment of the game? In your opinion. Which was it. Come on think. I’d prob watch the replay just for that, if I’m feeling down…

Peachy's passing game. If you want a ball playing lock who passes the ball to the ground a lot then he is your man.

Tiger05

First Grade
Liddles game has been pretty much on point in the two trials,

He was just serviceable and even then his service wasn't great. He was better than Simpkin but when you saw that young hooker come on and provide crisp service the difference was huge.

Tiger05

First Grade
Tamou showed he has a pulse and had a go

I reckon he is okay but we have a bunch of better middle forwards. I have Stefano, Twal, Mikaele, Seyfarth, Musgrove, and Joe O all ahead of him

I reckon Joe O has looked good at lock.

Agree, but I thought at least Tamou showed he has a pulse and had a go, like a lot of the forwards, unlike most of last season?
Now in Rd 1, someone else gets a chance to put his hand up and say, pick me for Rd 2. Tamou will (I assume) get his chance in Rd 2 but at least the pressure hopefully will be on him.

Cant believe Collins only got fined.

Vic Mackey

Referee

Tamous been pretty good in the trials which is nice to see after a horrible 2021. I can only imagine he wants to play again next year so will play well until he gets a contract (likely ESL or st George 😂) then go back to the shit we saw last year

Tigerm

Coach
Liddle is getting scans, Simpkin didn't get many minutes and as it was Hastings played at 9 for a bit of it, before Rua came on?
Has anyone heard if Simpkin is injured?