What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Season 2020 Predictions

Avenger

Immortal
Where will we finish?
2nd and eventual Premiers

Best player?
Gutherson

Biggest disappointment?
Waqa Blake. He will be injury-riddled. I hope I'm wrong because I rate him.

The first rookie to make NRL debut?
Stefano Utoikamanu

Surprise packet?
Alvaro. He will keep bigger names on the bench and will start.

Breakout year?
Ryan Matterson

Best retention?
Mahoney

The biggest name we let go?
Kane Evans

Biggest signing?
Nick Cotric

Other thoughts:
- We are in a premiership window. Every team I would argue has regressed with their roster whilst we have improved. We will play the Rooster in the GF who will be our opponents and be gunning for 3 in a row who ironically will be defeated by the last team that did it and on the sacred SCG. It's almost poetic.
- There will be speculation of us giving Hayne a lifeline if he is found not guilty. He will, however, join Newcastle.
- Our pack will be rated the best in the league and we will be in a bidding war to secure our hooker, Mahoney who will be the new QLD SOO dummy-half.

hindy111

Post Whore
Where will we finish?
2nd and eventual Premiers

Best player?
Gutherson

Biggest disappointment?
Waqa Blake. He will be injury-riddled. I hope I'm wrong because I rate him.

Stefano Utoikamanu

Surprise packet?
Alvaro. He will keep bigger names on the bench and will start.

Breakout year?
Ryan Matterson

Best retention?
Mahoney

Kane Evans

Biggest signing?
Nick Cotric

Other thoughts:
- We are in a premiership window. Every team I would argue has regressed with their roster whilst we have improved. We will play the Rooster in the GF who will be our opponents and be gunning for 3 in a row who ironically will be defeated by the last team that did it and on the sacred SCG. It's almost poetic.
- There will be speculation of us giving Hayne a lifeline if he is found not guilty. He will, however, join Newcastle.
- Our pack will be rated the best in the league and we will be in a bidding war to secure our hooker, Mahoney who will be the new QLD SOO dummy-half.

Ryan Matterson had a break out season in 2019. How can he have a other one? It's like a virgin once been popped.

Where will we finish? 3rd

Best player?
Moses

Biggest disappointment?
I don't think anyone will be a "disappointment". I don't think Sivo will have as good a year, though, as they'll figure him out a bit. Won't be a disappointment, though...

Tough to say. Won't be until the back end of the year, so will depend on injuries. Stefano, maybe?

Surprise packet?
Daniel Alvaro

Breakout year?
Mahoney

Best retention?
Ferguson, maybe? The spine are all locked up, so...

Jennings

Biggest signing?
Xerri.

chiefy1

Juniors
Where will we finish? 3rd

Best player?
Moses

Biggest disappointment?
I don't think anyone will be a "disappointment". I don't think Sivo will have as good a year, though, as they'll figure him out a bit. Won't be a disappointment, though...

Tough to say. Won't be until the back end of the year, so will depend on injuries. Stefano, maybe?

Surprise packet?
Daniel Alvaro

Breakout year?
Mahoney

Best retention?
Ferguson, maybe? The spine are all locked up, so...

Jennings

Biggest signing?
Xerri.

Why are a bunch of posters saying Daniel Alvaro is going to surprise? I mean he's nearly 27. What can he do differently. Sure he's a worker but i can't see him going to another level naturally. He lacks the pace & impact at the line and rarely puts on a good hit. He's average & will never be considered an Origin fringe player.

Khafusi however can jump a few levels and has all the attributes. Utoki has it as well. RCG is a top signing as is Matto.

hindy111

Post Whore
Why are a bunch of posters saying Daniel Alvaro is going to surprise? I mean he's nearly 27. What can he do differently. Sure he's a worker but i can't see him going to another level naturally. He lacks the pace & impact at the line and rarely puts on a good hit. He's average & will never be considered an Origin fringe player.

Khafusi however can jump a few levels and has all the attributes. Utoki has it as well. RCG is a top signing as is Matto.

100%
He could get back to 2018 form it would be great. But I can't see him becoming any better then that.

Avenger

Immortal

Not everyone has to play origin. You need solid club players like him. He is easily one of the best defensive players in our pack yet you only seem to look at one aspect of a forwards game.

Bazal

Post Whore

Because people like you are surprised when they realise he's a good quality first grader.

Thus, surprise

84 Baby

Referee

He could play hooker while Mahoney is in Origin? That’d be a surprise

chiefy1

Juniors
Not everyone has to play origin. You need solid club players like him. He is easily one of the best defensive players in our pack yet you only seem to look at one aspect of a forwards game.

That's the job of a prop forward.
1. Create advantage and begin sets on the front foot - Alvaro 5/10.
2. Make dominant tackles so our defense can set 6/10.

3. Create intimidation as to strike fear into the opposition and give confidence to our team - 3/10.

4. Work hard in defense and make your tackles - Alvaro 9/10.

5. Try to get over 120 meters per match Alvaro 4/10 . Averages around 90 m

Eelementary

Post Whore
Intimidation...

Why is there such an obsession with this notion?

Do you think Mike Tyson's opponents were "intimidated" by him?

Intimidation means nothing- in fact, if a professional athlete finds someone intimidating, I say it says more about the person themselves, than the person who is allegedly intimidating...

Last edited: