What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Season 2021

Vic Mackey

Referee
and wouldn’t you know it...they have hit top form lol.

As shit as we’ve been we’ve had terrible luck

We got everyone at basically full strength. Now Raiders have lost their fullback longterm, Easts Keary/Friend + others, and we get Manly with Turbo back and firing

Meanwhile teams like Parra and Saints are playing half fit teams that lose 2-3 players before halftime every week

Tiger05

First Grade
As shit as we’ve been we’ve had terrible luck

We got everyone at basically full strength. Now Raiders have lost their fullback longterm, Easts Keary/Friend + others, and we get Manly with Turbo back and firing

Meanwhile teams like Parra and Saints are playing half fit teams that lose 2-3 players before halftime every week

Good points. The draw was already shit for us and injuries have worked against us.

There are positives to build on. Laurie, Douiehi, SImpkin & Stef U are either new to the team or playing a new position and they all look like being top quality players. We need our outside backs to find form. Nofo ran it hard yesterday and that was about the best performance we've had from one of our centres or wingers. I can't believe there isn't some better footy in BJ and Roberts.

Tigerm

First Grade
Chemist Warehouse Injury Update: Asu Kepaoa
Author
Dan Talintyre
Timestamp
Sun 18 Apr 2021, 03:30 PM
Share on social media
Wests Tigers have confirmed that outside back Asu "AJ" Kepaoa will miss the remainder of the 2021 NRL season after suffering a torn ACL in Saturday's loss to the South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Kepaoa will consult with a surgeon on Monday to begin his rehabilitation process.

Billy Walters make a successful return from his ACL injury in the curtain-raiser game between Western Suburbs and South Sydney, while Shawn Blore is closing in on a return from his wrist injury suffered in the pre-season.

Mario chalmers

Juniors
Chemist Warehouse Injury Update: Asu Kepaoa
Author
Dan Talintyre
Timestamp
Sun 18 Apr 2021, 03:30 PM
Share on social media
Wests Tigers have confirmed that outside back Asu "AJ" Kepaoa will miss the remainder of the 2021 NRL season after suffering a torn ACL in Saturday's loss to the South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Kepaoa will consult with a surgeon on Monday to begin his rehabilitation process.

Billy Walters make a successful return from his ACL injury in the curtain-raiser game between Western Suburbs and South Sydney, while Shawn Blore is closing in on a return from his wrist injury suffered in the pre-season.

we are so short in the outside backs now.

Can only assume were going to see a heap of movement between clubs at the lower end of the ladder in coming weeks and WT would need to look at outside backs from elsewhere

Would ppl consider Ruse
That is shit for him and not good for us.
we're getting so thin in the outside backs.

It's too early for Cini or Hoffman in my opinion.

We need experience in the backs and will have to look outside the club IMO.

There is really not much out there. I wonder whether the Dogs would consider moving DWZ? We could do with his kick returns.

Tiger05

First Grade
we're getting so thin in the outside backs.

It's too early for Cini or Hoffman in my opinion.

We need experience in the backs and will have to look outside the club IMO.

There is really not much out there. I wonder whether the Dogs would consider moving DWZ? We could do with his kick returns.

We need to do something now and definitely for next season. Nofo has been our best outside back and he has been poor apart from last week. We have players not performing plus I think Kepaoa and Talau are more centres than wingers. Kepaoa getting injured isn't good.

He has to blood Cini or Hoffman or move Mbye to the centres. Mbye has been good this year apart from the occasional stupid play. I think Madge will want him on the bench to help Simpkin out or to play that lock role.

Maybe play Liddle & Simpkin and move Mbye to the centres. I can see Cini getting a call up. I'm not sure they are ready.

DWZ would be great for us and you think the Dogs might be prepared to do a deal.

Tigerm

First Grade
We need to do something now and definitely for next season. Nofo has been our best outside back and he has been poor apart from last week. We have players not performing plus I think Kepaoa and Talau are more centres than wingers. Kepaoa getting injured isn't good.

He has to blood Cini or Hoffman or move Mbye to the centres. Mbye has been good this year apart from the occasional stupid play. I think Madge will want him on the bench to help Simpkin out or to play that lock role.

Maybe play Liddle & Simpkin and move Mbye to the centres. I can see Cini getting a call up. I'm not sure they are ready.

DWZ would be great for us and you think the Dogs might be prepared to do a deal.

Agree, I think Liddle as our roving lock would work really well. Don’t think we would lose adding Cini to the team maybe on the wing?

Tiger05

First Grade
Agree, I think Liddle as our roving lock would work really well. Don’t think we would lose adding Cini to the team maybe on the wing?

He could be good on the wing. I reckon we will see the following backline though:-

2. Tommy Talau
3. James Roberts
4. BJ Leilua
5. David Nofoaluma

The funny thing is both Leilula's and Nofo have been moved from the right to the left hand side. Maybe that will change.

Those backs haven't been performing but it's not a bad backline.

Shredder

Juniors
Id be putting Mbye in Center before BJ. At the very least Mbye can defend better.

This is an interesting injury though, as it gives Madge the opportunity to blood a rookie. If he doesnt do it, I suspect they wont get blooded until next year. This week is a great opportunity for it.

Tigerm

First Grade
Mitchell gets 4 weeks, which probably cost us 2 pts. The teams who play Souths for the next 4 weeks benefit, not us?

Speedy Gonzales

Juniors
Mitchell gets 4 weeks, which probably cost us 2 pts. The teams who play Souths for the next 4 weeks benefit, not us?

It’s a terrible farce that needs to be fixed . 4 week suspension indicates you probably deserved to be sent off / sin binned at the very least

He should be rubbed out next time we play them this year

Tiger05

First Grade
It's not right in relation to Latrell but the referring in that game was atrocious. Latrell should have copped it in the past as well. He has been getting away with that crap for a long time.

At least he has been punished for once.

Das Hassler

Bench

I'd like to see something like each week suspended means a trade of 10 points F/A between the two teams in question...e.g. in Latrell's case 4 weeks equals - 40 PD for souths...+40 for us.

* of course if it was one of our guys then i'd believe it to be a wholly stoopid udea

magpie_man

Juniors
It’s a terrible farce that needs to be fixed . 4 week suspension indicates you probably deserved to be sent off / sin binned at the very least

He should be rubbed out next time we play them this year

The simplest fix for mine is giving the refs greater impetus to hand out 5/10 min sin bins and send-offs during the game for immediate impact.
It was discussed on 100% Footy the other night that suspensions don't really work, fines would be more effective.

Tigerm

First Grade
I see Souths are squealing like bunnies (do bunnies squeal?) about how Mitchell was punished and Radley from Easts got off.
Suck eggs grubster

Latest posts