What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Season 2021

stryker

First Grade
The next 2 games, Warriors & Dragons will probably show us where we are headed for the season?

Amazingly, if Warriors (V Eels) and Titans (V Panthers) lose, we will infact only be 2 pts out of the 8?

BUT

After these 2 games we play: Panthers, Eels, Storm and Rabbits.

Anything can happen?
They have to win the next 2 as the 4 games after them will all see the team’s arseholes stretched back over their foreheads.

Tigerm

First Grade
They have to win the next 2 as the 4 games after them will all see the team’s arseholes stretched back over their foreheads.
Yep, but if we can win the next 2 and at least 1 of the following 4 (or better), it should put us in a good position to aim at top 8. We got to get past the next 2 first though:joy:

BrotherJim05

Bench
Keep in mind that we play Panthers without their Origin players (Cleary at minimum), and I think Melbourne over game 2 weekend when Origin players will be in camp

Tigerm

First Grade
109a8395.jpg

All fun and games when Garner runs at you!

109a8421.jpg

Not so much when it's Blore :D:D:D

Tigerm

First Grade
So the season is all but gone (already) for us, would have to do something amazing to get back on track?

So, do we start planning for next year?

Who stays?
Who doesn’t?
Who do we target/get?

Tigerm

First Grade
So the season is all but gone (already) for us, would have to do something amazing to get back on track?

So, do we start planning for next year?

Who stays?
Who doesn’t?
Who do we target/get?
I think our forwards are up to it, though could always use another quality guy. I didn’t understand why Blore wasn’t given more game time last night, maybe he is carrying a niggle?
The Backs....2 x wingers and 1 centre. I know Nofo will be here but we are desperate for speed?

So, BJ and Talau are gone, imo. Prob Mbye as well.

We have Hastings and the pommy centre coming, would be good if we secure Isaako and TPJ. I understand Isaako offers some speed and TPJ offers mongrel, both things we need.

Tigerm

First Grade
Wayne Bennett takes brutal swipe at Benji Marshall after Rabbitohs thrashing

Wayne Bennett’s Bunnies couldn’t match it with the Panthers on Sunday but he insists one benched star wouldn’t have helped turn the tide.
NCA NewsWire
May 23, 20217:06pm

Marshall had to watch from the sidelines on Sunday. (Photo by Mark Nolan/Getty Images)Source:Getty Images

The Panthers utterly embarrassed the Rabbitohs on Sunday afternoon, leaving Souths’ premiership credentials in tatters with their 56-12 win at Dubbo’s Apex Park.

The return of Campbell Graham, Latrell Mitchell and Josh Mansour into the cardinal and myrtle ranks did little to quell the Penrith onslaught, as the Rabbitohs let in 50 points for the second time in three weeks.
The Panthers have continued their unbeaten start. (Photo by Mark Kolbe/Getty Images)

The Panthers have continued their unbeaten start. (Photo by Mark Kolbe/Getty Images)Source:Getty Images

As the scoreline began to blow out, many were left scratching their heads when coach Wayne Bennett chose not to inject veteran playmaker Benji Marshall into the action.

Marshall, who was given the flick by the Tigers at the end of last season, has proven a handy pick-up for the Bunnies, turning the clock back to become the perfect secret weapon off the Rabbitohs’ bench.

The 36-year-old would have done better to spend the 80 minutes at Dubbo’s Western Plains Zoo, however, as he played not a single second in Sunday’s shellacking.

Asked whether he thought about subbing the 2005 Premiership-winner into the game, Bennett didn’t have to think too hard before answering.

“No I didn’t, I wasn’t going to embarrass him,” the super coach said.

“We weren’t defending (well) … Benji’s not known as the greatest defender the game’s ever seen”.

Bennett called the Rabbitohs’ loss “pretty disappointing”, but conceded that the Panthers put on a “wonderful” performance in the central west.

Maybe we got it right? Though we have a few more to remove as well.

Tiger05

First Grade
Benji is a great attacking player and he still is one of the most creative halves in the game. His defense is puss at times as well.

We had to move on. Still when you think we are playing Mbye who does basically nothing at 6 you wonder if it would have been worth keeping him another year.

stryker

First Grade
Pretty unprofessional of Bennett to have a crack at the only bloke who contributed nothing towards yesterday’s loss.
Try blaming your rep stars Wayne, they are not putting in.

Tigerm

First Grade
This weeks game against the Dragons is the half way mark of he comp?

Then:
Panthers
Eels
Storm
Rabbits
Bye
Bronco's
Sea Eagles
Warriors
Bulldogs
Cowboys
Sharks
Panthers

Can't see a lot of wins in this on current form?

WA Tiger

Bench
Pretty unprofessional of Bennett to have a crack at the only bloke who contributed nothing towards yesterday’s loss.
Try blaming your rep stars Wayne, they are not putting in.
You missed the newsflash ...Benji can now be blamed for something he didn’t do..

Vic Mackey

Referee
THis year would easily be the most dissapointing ive had as a supporter. I know we dont have a world beating squad however there is no way we should be 14th. The most frustrating thing is that this is the shittest comp I have probably ever seen:

* Raiders, Sharks, Knights all have off field issues and have effectivley given up for the year

* Roosters, Knights, Warriors, Dragons, Eagles and Cowboys have all had a huge amount of injuries/suspensions

After being hammered by them in the last 3 years we've had virtually no injuries/suspensions the entire year. 2018/19/20 we recieved terrible draws yet 2 of the 3 years performed admirably and just missed the 8. This year we have a great draw yet 40% through the season are virtually out of the finals race.

10 wins could seriously make the 8 this year. I realise we are no world beaters however on paper Id say we are stronger then 2018-20, havent faced nearly the same amount of challenges, but are going to finish well below them on the table.

I really cant fathom whats happened this year, the only positive is that for the first time in 38 years Im feeling genuinely disengaged from the club. I was literally laughing at how shit we were on Friday against the Warriors.