What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Season 2021

Tigerm

First Grade
After Rnd 12, i think we will be 11th?

The Cowboys, & Warriors games have hurt us, haven't they?

12 rnds + a bye to go.

Our last 4 games are: Cows, Sharks, Panthers & Dogs, gunna be tough?

Tiger Ted

Bench

12 rnds + a bye to go.

We must win 2 of the next 4.We are a chance against parra & Souths.Penrith will field a formidable side without origin players & buckleys of beating melb in melb.

Tigerm

First Grade
We must win 2 of the next 4.We are a chance against parra & Souths.Penrith will field a formidable side without origin players & buckleys of beating melb in melb.
I thought we are a chance against Penrith, they should have a few out for SOO duties, but now Lucy is probably suspended, that brings us back, so line ball call for me.

Tiger Ted

Bench
I thought we are a chance against Penrith, they should have a few out for SOO duties, but now Lucy is probably suspended, that brings us back, so line ball call for me.
Will be surprised if we don’t get flogged.Even without origin players they r loaded with guns like Crichton Staines & kikau & have Burton & korosai leading the way in the spine

Tigerm

First Grade

12 rnds + a bye to go.

Well, my theory got f**ked over, by Knights & Sharks. Back to 13th but still 2 pts out:joy:

stryker

First Grade
I rarely tip Tigers for a win, however I tipped us to win in Brisbane when everyone else was saying we’d get flogged and was extremely confident even when Ponga was still in. I have that same feeling this weekend. They are weak and ready for the taking.
If we don’t win this weekend against a side missing 9 first choice players then they can go f**k each other in reserve grade.

I rarely tip Tigers for a win, however I tipped us to win in Brisbane when everyone else was saying we’d get flogged and was extremely confident even when Ponga was still in. I have that same feeling this weekend. They are weak and ready for the taking.
If we don’t win this weekend against a side missing 9 first choice players then they can go f**k each other in reserve grade.

All good except their under 17s would give us (and most of the league) a good run for our money at the moment.

Those little junior smug chippers are desperate to be picked up by Baz or Harto for that matter.

Tigerm

First Grade
I don’t know much about this guy’s form? But agree, Mbye’s positional switch has changed us for the good imo.

By the Mole:
31May 2021
WESTS TIGERS FINALLY CRACK SPINE MYSTERY

It’s taken him a while, but Michael Maguire has finally found his best spine and the Tigers are suddenly a chance for the finals.

After a slow start to the season, the Tigers have won three of their last five games and looked good in disposing of the Dragons 34-18 on Friday night.

With Daine Laurie at fullback, Moses Mbye and Luke Brooks in the halves and Jacob Liddle at hooker, Maguire has a spine with plenty of speed and creativity.

The Tigers have some work to do in coming weeks - but with these four fit and firing - have the ammunition to make a genuine finals challenge.

Tiger05

First Grade
We've beaten 2 teams. We are so far away from making the finals. I think Mbye has been okay at 6 but he hasn't been great or close to it.

Brooks has been great the past couple of weeks and he has been good this year but he has been hot and cold his entire career.. Liddle has been going gangbusters the past couple of weeks. His service has been so much better. Nice flat quick passes plus he is becoming more of a threat out of dummy half. The thing is it's a couple of weeks of quality performances. Laurie has been great but he is miles away from the top fullbacks in the comp.

Sure there have been some positive signs but we are miles away from cracking our spine mystery and miles away from making the finals.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I think Manly, NQ & NZ are all playing better then us. We're probably better then Newie, Saints, Sharks and Raiders. About even with Titans. This middle group is changing week to week though, origin will be an intersting period for them all.

If we can manage 2 wins out of the next 4 games we'll be well placed as we then play just 1 top 5 side in the last 9 rounds

Tiger Ted

Bench
I don’t know much about this guy’s form? But agree, Mbye’s positional switch has changed us for the good imo.

By the Mole:
31May 2021
WESTS TIGERS FINALLY CRACK SPINE MYSTERY

It’s taken him a while, but Michael Maguire has finally found his best spine and the Tigers are suddenly a chance for the finals.

After a slow start to the season, the Tigers have won three of their last five games and looked good in disposing of the Dragons 34-18 on Friday night.

With Daine Laurie at fullback, Moses Mbye and Luke Brooks in the halves and Jacob Liddle at hooker, Maguire has a spine with plenty of speed and creativity.

The Tigers have some work to do in coming weeks - but with these four fit and firing - have the ammunition to make a genuine finals challenge.
The mole is clueless.How about we wait until the end of June b4 we make ridiculously exaggerated claims that this dysfunctional defense shy rabble has turned the corner.

Tiger Ted

Bench
I think Manly, NQ & NZ are all playing better then us. We're probably better then Newie, Saints, Sharks and Raiders. About even with Titans. This middle group is changing week to week though, origin will be an intersting period for them all.

If we can manage 2 wins out of the next 4 games we'll be well placed as we then play just 1 top 5 side in the last 9 rounds
Sharks at full strength are streets ahead of us.We are a long way from being considered a finals contender.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Sharks at full strength are streets ahead of us.We are a long way from being considered a finals contender.

Dont know about that, they lost to Canterbury and barely just beat the same Dragons lineup we put 34 on 6 days later. Yes they were good against Titans however its really their 1 good perforamance all year

I'm not saying we're any good, however there's going to be 2-3 pretty poor teams playing finals this year so may aswell be us

Tigerm

First Grade
Wests Tigers further strengthen Pathways and Development programs
Author
Wests Tigers
Timestamp
Mon 31 May 2021, 05:00 PM

Wests Tigers have today announced a number of key additions to the club’s football department which will further strengthen its pathways and junior development programs.

Wests Tigers are pleased to welcome Matthew Betsey as its new Head of Pathways who joins the club after a successful stint as the Coaching and Development Manager at Cricket Australia — overseeing the growth and progress of many youngsters through cricket’s top academy.

Betsey will start with Wests Tigers in July alongside Brett Kimmorley, who has returned to the club in a Pathways and Coaching Manager role.

The 307-game halfback, who spent time with Wests Tigers as its NYC Holden Cup Coach in 2015, will take on a new role with the club working with junior development and academy set-up across the club while also focusing on coaching education.

Kimmorley’s experience will also be key for the club as he works with halves throughout Wests Tigers’ junior rugby league catchment areas.

1504553005933.jpeg

Betsey and Kimmorley’s arrivals will also see David Fauonuku take on a new role with the club as he moves into a Junior Rugby League Coaching and Development Manager position.

Fauonuku has been with the club since 2019 — featuring as its Tarsha Gale Coach for the past few seasons — and will now concentrate on junior rugby league development as well as talent identification in both Wests Tigers men’s and women’s pathways programs.

Wests Tigers CEO Justin Pascoe said the new additions and changes highlighted the club’s continued focus on strengthening its pathways and development programs.

Wests Tigers CEO Justin Pascoe said the new additions and changes highlighted the club’s focus on strengthening its pathways and development programs.

“On behalf of all at the club, I’d like to welcome both Matthew and Brett to Wests Tigers and congratulate David on his new role,” Pascoe said.

“As a club, we’ve made significant progress in our pathways programs and are determined to continue to improve in this space and be known as a Development club.

“These additions to our football department will ensure we not only develop the best young talent across the Inner and South West of Sydney but also retain our excellent juniors coming through at the moment,” he said. “That is why investing in these roles is crucial in producing sustained success for the club both on and off the field.”

Betsey and Kimmorley will assume their new roles with Wests Tigers in July, while Fauonuku’s new role will begin in the coming weeks.

Tigerm

First Grade
The mole is clueless.How about we wait until the end of June b4 we make ridiculously exaggerated claims that this dysfunctional defense shy rabble has turned the corner.
However you want to say it, but Mbye's move to 6 has improved the side while he has been there, to date. His defence has been pretty good also.
It seems to me, both Brooks and Doueihi are benefitting as well.

Fordy20

Juniors
Dont know about that, they lost to Canterbury and barely just beat the same Dragons lineup we put 34 on 6 days later. Yes they were good against Titans however its really their 1 good perforamance all year

We seem to have a habit of playing teams when they are good. Dragons & Knights excluded of course.

Tiger Ted

Bench
However you want to say it, but Mbye's move to 6 has improved the side while he has been there, to date. His defence has been pretty good also.
It seems to me, both Brooks and Doueihi are benefitting as well.
A more accurate gauge as to how effective mbyes move to 6 can be made at the end of June.I’m not getting excited after beating knights & Saints when they were both missing crucial players.We’ve got glaring weaknesses & haven’t won consecutive matches since ‘19.