What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Season 2021

Fordy20

Juniors
What do we get out of punting him. I'd love him gone. I just don't see how we let him go and gain anything at all. You are basically paying a bonus for low performance.

We're on the hook for his entire contract unless we can get someone else to chip in, so it's not a bonus for low performance, it's bringing forward as much of the liability as possible in order to make him more attractive to other clubs.

Personally, I reckon Moses will see out his contract, irrespective of how much of his cost we can bring forward from next year to this year. Maybe one of the new franchises picks him up, but given they won't enter the comp until 2023, it doesn't help us too much.

Tiger Ted

Bench
What do we get out of punting him. I'd love him gone. I just don't see how we let him go and gain anything at all. You are basically paying a bonus for low performance.
It happens in the corporate world regularly where inept bums presiding over companies which have poorly performed or whose value on stock market has plummeted in getting sacked are paid out a motza according to their contractual entitlement.I just want this useless prick out of the club.We should pay him what he’s contractually entitled to & fk the toxic prick off ASAP coz which other club in their right mind is going to have a bar of this shitbag.In an ideal world cleary & Pascoe would have to foot the bill !

We're on the hook for his entire contract unless we can get someone else to chip in, so it's not a bonus for low performance, it's bringing forward as much of the liability as possible in order to make him more attractive to other clubs.

Personally, I reckon Moses will see out his contract, irrespective of how much of his cost we can bring forward from next year to this year. Maybe one of the new franchises picks him up, but given they won't enter the comp until 2023, it doesn't help us too much.

If no big money is on the market for this year, and we can't f**k him off, I would front load half or two thirds of his contract for next year, and have him run around in state cup or RM all season next year. If he wants out early, his next club has to pay the fare, if not he can forgo the rest of his contract.

Tiger05

First Grade
It happens in the corporate world regularly where inept bums presiding over companies which have poorly performed or whose value on stock market has plummeted in getting sacked are paid out a motza according to their contractual entitlement.I just want this useless prick out of the club.We should pay him what he’s contractually entitled to & fk the toxic prick off ASAP coz which other club in their right mind is going to have a bar of this shitbag.In an ideal world cleary & Pascoe would have to foot the bill !

I studied Commerce at uni and one of the things I remember is corporate governance rewarding incompetence.

I'd be happy to never get a marquee signing again because of our history with these signings. Cleary also is a coach I would never ever accept back here because I cannot believe how incompetent his signings were. He should be sued for incompetence.

I still reckon we suck it up unless we get something out of it. I don't see a rational alternative. Your alternative is cutting off your nose to spite your face. I get where you are coming from. I wouldn't pick him in the first grade team. Maybe he takes the utility spot.

I studied Commerce at uni and one of the things I remember is corporate governance rewarding incompetence.

I'd be happy to never get a marquee signing again because of our history with these signings. Cleary also is a coach I would never ever accept back here because I cannot believe how incompetent his signings were. He should be sued for incompetence.

I still reckon we suck it up unless we get something out of it. I don't see a rational alternative. Your alternative is cutting off your nose to spite your face. I get where you are coming from. I wouldn't pick him in the first grade team. Maybe he takes the utility spot.

If you studied Commerce you should be familiar with the sunk cost fallacy then... You say on the previous page that you don't know we get out of punting him early. Easy, he's not here. There's a roster spot to hunt a young half and whatever cap space he does free up can go toward signing a talented young player.

Keeping him here is not worth it. We may as well just cut our losses and let him go.

Mario chalmers

Juniors
Interesting comments from Bryan Fletcher on SEN yesterday
https://www.sen.com.au/programs/joel-and-fletch/ listen to the opening segment.

He said he was talking to a producer at Fox about the WT documentary that is still being recorded! (I thought it had been pulled because the club and Fox had gone quiet on that front?)

Anyway Fletch got told the club has given pretty good access and that some of the footage will be good viewing.

I hope that the doccumentary
1) changes the general public's perception of the club;
2) is looked back on as beneficial exercise despite the fact it has been a losing season

stryker

First Grade
2) is looked back on as beneficial exercise despite the fact it has been a losing season
1) What perception are you referring to? What do you believe the general public should think about the club?

2) I can’t see this being viewed as anything less than ammunition to laugh at and ridicule the club with - an own goal if you will. They will be talking tough ie. the Tommy tribute games then taking the field and playing like soft cock bitches. This season has seen the club produce more embarrassing efforts than worthwhile. The only thing missing is off field drama. If they keep playing as they are that may occur to really round out the giggles this doco will produce.

It is going to be funny, but totally cringeworthy viewing.

Tigerm

First Grade
Interesting comments from Bryan Fletcher on SEN yesterday
https://www.sen.com.au/programs/joel-and-fletch/ listen to the opening segment.

He said he was talking to a producer at Fox about the WT documentary that is still being recorded! (I thought it had been pulled because the club and Fox had gone quiet on that front?)

Anyway Fletch got told the club has given pretty good access and that some of the footage will be good viewing.

I think the fact the club still has a big fan base indicates that we will tolerate anything 😂

I don't really care about what the public think, I believe we will get out of this hole, sooner rather than later though.

Mario chalmers

Juniors
1) What perception are you referring to? What do you believe the general public should think about the club?

2) I can’t see this being viewed as anything less than ammunition to laugh at and ridicule the club with - an own goal if you will. They will be talking tough ie. the Tommy tribute games then taking the field and playing like soft c**k bitches. This season has seen the club produce more embarrassing efforts than worthwhile. The only thing missing is off field drama. If they keep playing as they are that may occur to really round out the giggles this doco will produce.

Anyone with an interest in NRL would probably identify WT as a battling club. We have made the finals 3 times in 21 seasons. It's not a successful history and would likely deter players from joining. A recent example of this would be Jai Arrow who said he received an offer from WT but chose Souths.

Performances this year have been embarrassing I agree and that means you could be right on point 2 also. I guess we can all speculate until it goes to air?

Ron's_Mate

Bench
Tigers star stood down from leadership group as player discontent grows
By Michael Chammas and Adam Pengilly
July 7, 2021 — 6.22pm

Wests Tigers winger David Nofoaluma was stood down from the club’s senior leadership group after turning up to training hungover the morning after the wedding of chairman Lee Hagipantelis’ daughter.

Nofoaluma, who was at the wedding alongside coach Michael Maguire, chief executive Justin Pascoe and head of football Adam Hartigan, was unable to finish the session the following morning.

The news comes as multiple sources at the club told the Herald there was growing discontent among the players about Maguire, which has been exacerbated by the coach’s post-match comments following the loss to South Sydney.

A clearly frustrated Maguire told Sunday’s press conference he needed “to find men that are going to be accountable” following the defeat, a comment that has gone down badly with some of his players.

Speaking after the same game, South Sydney coach Wayne Bennett blamed “toxic” cultures for the number of lopsided scorelines this season, an observation that has been the subject of text messages between some Tigers players in the aftermath of the 38-22 defeat.

The Nofoaluma incident occurred three days after the Tigers’ round-11 loss to the Warriors on the Central Coast, the veteran winger’s 150th NRL game.
Nofoaluma has a close relationship with Hagipantelis’ daughter, the pair having formed a bond after he visited her in hospital as she battled leukemia in 2014.

Nofoaluma has apologised to the team for his actions, in which he was unable to finish a session and went home feeling under the weather on the Monday leading into the team’s Friday night game against the Dragons.
It is understood Nofoaluma, who recently signed a four-year extension with his junior club, wasn’t dropped for the Dragons game because the club had organised plans to celebrate his 150th NRL appearance at their home match at Bankwest Stadium.

The incident didn’t seem to affect his performance against the Dragons, the winger scoring a try and running for close to 200 metres in the 34-18 win.

The club’s senior leadership team now consists of James Tamou, Luke Brooks, Alex Twal and Adam Doueihi following the removal of Nofoaluma with the blessing of those in the group.

Pascoe confirmed the club had dealt with the matter internally but declined to comment when contacted by the Herald.

The indiscretion of the longest-serving Tigers player will do little to pacify concerned fans, with the Tigers having recorded just five wins in 16 games this season.

Nofoaluma’s frustrations with the team’s predicament boiled over on social media on Monday when he defended himself against criticism from a supporter over his defence.

“It’s sad that I get blamed for defensive decision,” Nofoaluma is reported to have said in a post on Twitter that was later taken down.

“In the first half our A and B defenders didn’t get up to put pressure than [sic] Moses [Mbye] was getting caught so left 3 on 2 for myself and Jet [James Roberts]. In second half we got up in one line of defence and if you watched 2nd half D’d very well.”

Pressure is mounting on Maguire to turn the club around after three seasons at the helm. The result against the Broncos following the bye could have major ramifications for his future, as the Tigers await the arrival of Tim Sheens as a consultant.

Sources at the Tigers told the Herald discontent about Maguire was at an all-time high and that Bennett’s comments after the game had resonated with a squad that is struggling for answers.

“Management of clubs has a huge result on performances at the moment,” Bennett said. “Clubs have got to take a hell of a lot more responsibility than they are taking for the way the game is being played. It’s as simple as that.

“I’m not going to name names and not going to name clubs, but if you look at some of the decisions they’ve made, some of the things that have happened to players ... I wouldn’t want to be at that club and I know if I was in that club, I wouldn’t be playing very well.

“I listen to you guys ... you keep blaming the players. You’re so off the mark it doesn’t matter. You’re not in club land, you don’t understand how it works. Until the club itself gets their management in order, their whole ship, the club, the players will not be able to respond.

"But you keep blaming the players. You’re saying, ‘They get paid so they should go out there and play’. Not one of you guys go to a toxic environment to work and do your best work ... the easy blame is to put the blame on the player because he’s not playing well, or the team’s not playing well. You’ve got to look deeper than that guys, because that’s where the problem is."

2) I can’t see this being viewed as anything less than ammunition to laugh at and ridicule the club with - an own goal if you will. They will be talking tough ie. the Tommy tribute games then taking the field and playing like soft c**k bitches. This season has seen the club produce more embarrassing efforts than worthwhile. The only thing missing is off field drama. If they keep playing as they are that may occur to really round out the giggles this doco will produce.

They must be going for a Sunderland Til I Die angle: a struggling club that just can't get it's shit together on field. An underdog story.

The problem is underdog stories usually have protagonists who never say die and dig in and I just don't see anyone in the top 30 roster that embraces that. They fold like a cheap suit when the going gets tough.

The club has been an embarrassment for over a decade. The Balmain and Wests teams of the 90's might not have been world beaters but they always left everything on the field.

This is how it starts.
Madge won’t see 2022.
He has upset the princesses

Irrespective of what we think of his tactics and team selections, Madge is right when he says he needs men. Compare Nofoaluma throwing his teammates under the bus via social media against Tom Opacic who lost his brother the day Parra played Penrith. He took the field so as not to let his teammates down. We've got a guy openly canning his teammates to save his own neck.

Tiger05

First Grade
This is how it starts.
Madge won’t see 2022.

I find Bennett's comments unbelievable. It's the same dribble I hear all the time that performances are not due to an individuals talent and hard work but due to some esoteric idea that can't be measured like culture. If you take it to the extreme an under 7 team with good culture will beat a first grade team. It's horseshit.

I'm not sure if Madge is a good coach or not but the players have to perform.

Sure you need good systems in place but Madge comes from the Melbourne system. Is that a shit system with a shit culture ?

I vote for not sacking Madge due to the chance that Stryker has gotten the first thing right in his life and the princesses are unhappy.

Shredder

Juniors
Your right 05, I mean its not like Bennett is the most successful NRL coach of all time or anything is it?

Fordy20

Juniors
This is how it starts.
Madge won’t see 2022.
Great. And we've brought back the king of princess cuddlers in Tom Shines. Just when I thought the club had ran out of cheap gimmicks.

Anyone who isn't a fan of Pascoe should be happy. One CEO quit when the board forced Shines to be extended despite failing to take us to the finals for consecutive years after winning the grand final. Shines got the next CEO sacked for wanting to put KPIs on the coach.

This made the next CEO a lame duck, forced to extend Shines after the boys took him to the finals, but even that CEO was dumped by the board a mere six months after he made the right choice to sack Shines when he wouldn't step aside as head coach.

Both Madge and Pascoe's days are numbered.

Latest posts