What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Season 2023 thread

Penrose_11

Juniors
I think I am good with all of those things. A little 50/50 on CNK. Yes to Walker at 14, but I wonder where that leaves Tevaga (with Harris at 13)

We are obviously a prop short, but I think we play our best players in their best positions and figure the rest out from there
Was thinking bout this as well. Guessing the theory is tell all the new but NRL established guys that they haven’t been brought here for the scrap heap and puts pressure on them to preform over pre season to hold their spot. But also says to young guys to step up and show you’re better than the older named players. I’m looking forward to see what Metcalf is gonna offer us

Was thinking bout this as well. Guessing the theory is tell all the new but NRL established guys that they haven’t been brought here for the scrap heap and puts pressure on them to preform over pre season to hold their spot. But also says to young guys to step up and show you’re better than the older named players. I’m looking forward to see what Metcalf is gonna offer us

A lot more than SJ is going to

Rich102

Staff member
Well so far 2023 has been underwhelming, to say the least.
The absence of signings since the new cap was released indicates not many Australians want to come here.
Unless our junior sides perform real well we are going to be struggling in the short term.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Tevaga donating $100 for every penalty, handling error and missed tackle this season to an ex junior warrior who has been diagnosed with cancer

great gesture but he will be broke or warriors will have salary cap issues by years end

Tevaga donating $100 for every penalty, handling error and missed tackle this season to an ex junior warrior who has been diagnosed with cancer

great gesture but he will be broke or warriors will have salary cap issues by years end
I don't get it 100%, his mate will benefit if he stuffs up for the Warriors. I get it's a punishment for him, but it is a reward for his good friend, making it seem better for making the mistake.
If he makes no mistakes (haha) his sick mates gets nothing.

Should have gone with positives, for every 100m he makes, tries, try assists, or just hitting his KPIs the coach sets etc not negatives.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
I don't get it 100%, his mate will benefit if he stuffs up for the Warriors. I get it's a punishment for him, but it is a reward for his good friend, making it seem better for making the mistake.
If he makes no mistakes (haha) his sick mates gets nothing.

Should have gone with positives, for every 100m he makes, tries, try assists, or just hitting his KPIs the coach sets etc not negatives.
Think he's also doing $500 for every try he scores too.

His intentions are positive, trying to do something nice for his mate and it's his money at the end of the day that he's putting up. Pretty solid gesture.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I might've missed it, but no mention of Murdoch-Masila to the Dragons?

What's our four prop rotation now - AFB, Afoa, Ale and? And if/when one of them goes down, what's doing?

I might've missed it, but no mention of Murdoch-Masila to the Dragons?

What's our four prop rotation now - AFB, Afoa, Ale and? And if/when one of them goes down, what's doing?

We are screwed up front. We havent been this light ever.
That 17th position is looking great for us.
Dolphins will finish above us. They got more weight and gusto than our mighty ones up front.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Barnett will be played in the middle as confirmed by Jazz on radio the other day so the middles are shaping up as:

AFB
Tohu
Bunty
Ale
Barnett
Kepu x2
Jazz

Give me any of those players above before BMM who would probably only play 20 minutes max and every 3rd or so game due to injury anyway, plus is not going to be kept past this season. If required, use his game time to develop Kepu x2, Ale, Ford, + anyone who shows some heart in NSW Cup

JJ

Immortal
Yeah, not sure losing BMM is relevant to being screwed up front

when he emerged at the Tigers he looked like he could be anything, in the NRL he’s really never done much

Barnett will be played in the middle as confirmed by Jazz on radio the other day so the middles are shaping up as:

AFB
Tohu
Bunty
Ale
Barnett
Kepu x2
Jazz

Give me any of those players above before BMM who would probably only play 20 minutes max and every 3rd or so game due to injury anyway, plus is not going to be kept past this season. If required, use his game time to develop Kepu x2, Ale, Ford, + anyone who shows some heart in NSW Cup
Apart from AFB not to sure where our metres are going to come from

Injuries and disciplinary issues. Cannot see a consistent 4 rotation with our squad at all. How long before AFB, Afoa, Tohu (All for being over used or wrongly positioned to take too much punishment)
I am being the negative guy to hopefully get my pants pulled down by being totally wrong. It feels its going to be a long one though.

A few more hype posts for you more positive people on here may chirp me up for the season :)

Reactions: JJ

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Injuries and disciplinary issues. Cannot see a consistent 4 rotation with our squad at all. How long before AFB, Afoa, Tohu (All for being over used or wrongly positioned to take too much punishment)
I am being the negative guy to hopefully get my pants pulled down by being totally wrong. It feels its going to be a long one though.

A few more hype posts for you more positive people on here may chirp me up for the season :)
Yeah, this is my point. BMM isn't a world beater, that's absolutely true. And he's struggled to stay on the park, and fit. But he is a prop, and now we have less options - and we've known that for a while, and haven't signed anyone. We are running short.

AFB
Tohu
Bunty
Ale
Barnett
Kepu x2
Jazz

When you say 'middle' I presume with Barnett that's as a prop, and Tohu as 13.

So that's AFB Bunty Ale Barnett. According to Rugby League Project, Barnett has played 2 games at prop in 128 games. Ale has played 7 games. After them, there's two guys (Kepus) who haven't played and Jazz, who isn't a prop.

It's an issue, for me. As R&S said, where's the metres? Webster doesn't want Tohu as a carrying, metre-eater - he said he wants his ball skills (and fair enough). We really have to hope injuries don't hit, obviously as always as our depth is non-existent really anywhere on the park.

Have we tried pulling anyone from England that is not the assistant coach?
I like English forwards. Surely we can get one or two from there. Especially since our Assistant Coach used to be a head coach in the ESL.

JJ

Immortal
Barnett will be decent anywhere I imagine, but when AFB isn’t on the field go forward will be diminished greatly, guess the coach needs a gameplan

Latest posts