What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Season 2023 thread

Iamback

Coach
Teams are running with smaller middles, you guys will be fine in the pack. Halves are the issue

Rich102

Staff member
Wheeled Warrior. Bottom right hand side of your screen should be a like button. PM me if you can't find it.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Yeah, this is my point. BMM isn't a world beater, that's absolutely true. And he's struggled to stay on the park, and fit. But he is a prop, and now we have less options - and we've known that for a while, and haven't signed anyone. We are running short.

When you say 'middle' I presume with Barnett that's as a prop, and Tohu as 13.

So that's AFB Bunty Ale Barnett. According to Rugby League Project, Barnett has played 2 games at prop in 128 games. Ale has played 7 games. After them, there's two guys (Kepus) who haven't played and Jazz, who isn't a prop.

It's an issue, for me. As R&S said, where's the metres? Webster doesn't want Tohu as a carrying, metre-eater - he said he wants his ball skills (and fair enough). We really have to hope injuries don't hit, obviously as always as our depth is non-existent really anywhere on the park.
All I know is the metres sure as shit wouldnt have come from BMM haha. I see it too as an issue, but for me, losing BMM doesnt make us any worse off then we were/are. Leaving that spot open for someone who isnt being shown the love by their current club early on in the season seems like a good idea. Plus it seems the club is aware of it, with the rumours that we got pretty far down the road with Liu (or his manager).

Metres wise, I reckon those 4 that you mentioned, plus the backrowers Curran and Niukore will do alot of work. Plus I think one of the wingers will be used as a metre eater, probably Kosi. And with CNK at the back I reckon he will eat up alot more metres on kick returns then Walsh used to, and that will be a good change.

As you mentioned, when injuries hit we will probably be cooked, an area where most teams usually have some good juniors to promote, which we currently don't for obvious reasons. All said and done we're still probably a bottom 3 team, if Webster can get us above that hes done a good job I reckon, especially with a squad that he didnt put together.

Rich102

Staff member
Wheeled Warrior. I have referred your problem up the chain. But, as far as I know, nobody can PM you.
Will have to wait for further help.

Awesome Rich. I will just stick in here and read and reply until further notice. Would of liked many posts if I had the ability . Thanks :)
Wheeled Warrior. I have referred your problem up the chain. But, as far as I know, nobody can PM you.
Will have to wait for further help.

Rich102

Staff member
Wheeled Warrior, As Izz suggested it is because you are running an ad-blocker.
The advice I have received is "He needs to whitelist LU and after a short period of time all his priviliges will be restored."
Ah. Ads. Don't you love them?

The ads are atrocious on this platform so may have to go without the likes.
Cheers for the replies Ill stop assaulting people with my first world problem :p

Izz

Bench
The ads are atrocious on this platform so may have to go without the likes.

It's funny, i only run an ad-blocker on my pc but i mostly use the forums on my phone, where i get bombarded with ads. Regardless, i still don't have the ability to like posts, PM, etc. Cracks me up, to be honest

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Just feeling in general negative for the season.

I don't think we have an x-factor in the backline, the halves don't inspire too much confidance but also a bit of an unknown. The forward depth is very concerning

Is Webster our saviour?

JJ

Immortal
There's always a team that surprises, but usually the fans are aware that something's building and they develop quicker than expected - none of those feelings here... but who knows, if they turn up week to week and grind, we might be feeling ok mid season

One Warrior

Bench
I am actually feeling a bit positive about the season, we are back home for one, have made a few reasonable signings, but most particularly listening to Andrew Webster talk, he seems to have a good Rugby League brain and inspires confidence with what he says and he also talks very regularly to Ivan, plus he knew what to expect as he had already worked here.

JJ

Immortal
I’m just hoping we can do a 2001. Written off as a bunch of nuffies, no expectations and a new coach, and just play positive footy with nothing to lose.
Possible (well top 10 would be a good season imo) consistency, effort and good game plans get teams a long way…. Some of our team have long histories of inconsistency though…

Last edited:

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Possible (we’ll top 10 would be a good season imo) consistency, effort and good game plans get teams a long way…. Some of our team have long histories of inconsistency though…
It’s all relative isn’t it. We finished 8th in 2001 and got belted out of the finals in week one and the season was as hailed as a breakthrough success. We had exactly the same result in Kearney’s second year in 2018 and the season was considered barely passable, because expectations at the time were that we should’ve been building towards contention.

Latest posts