What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Season 2023

stryker

First Grade
Fortunately I am old enough to have a son with Kayo subscription and I watch it through that on my lap top. Even if I had to pay for it myself I think it's pretty good value. For the time being you might be able to get a subscription and share it with two mates making it even better value.
Get a chromecast, plug it into your telly and stream the Kayo from the laptop through it rather than watching it on your little screen.

Tigers Tale

Juniors
Until we get a half that asks questions of the opposition we will never be any good. Sadly Brooks is not the answer...probably should have chased Townsend when the Sharks finished with him. AD is the same, doesn't pass when he should and passes when he shouldn't. Laurie just isn't the quality of fullback we need. While ever these guys make up our spine we will be also rans.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
The players just can't understand why our attacking plays don't pay off. I mean they look pretty good when we do them over and over at our unopposed training sessions. Considering the amount of times we do them over and over in games you would think it would have to work sometime. I mean, when we are attacking the opposition try line and we pass to Twal for the umpteenth time why doesn't it work?

Tigerm

First Grade

We need him now.

I’m all for debuts, but it was known that Blore was suspect for returning last week and we had a centre/winger start (who was reasonable) in the S/R and a 19yo debutant on the bench?
Did we take Newcastle too lightly or do we have no depth?

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade

Injury Update: Round 2​

Wests Tigers centre Tommy Talau has today undergone facial surgery after sustaining a broken nose in last Sunday’s game against Newcastle Knights.
Talau out for 3-4 weeks after suffering a broken nose against Knights
Talau out for 3-4 weeks after suffering a broken nose against Knights
Talau was forced to leave the field in the first half of the Round 2 match at Leichhardt Oval following a high tackle by Jackson Hastings, which was placed on report.

The 22-year-old missed all of the 2022 season due to injury and is expected to be out of action for 3-4 weeks.
Jake Simpkin leaves the field after being knocked out against Knights
Jake Simpkin leaves the field after being knocked out against Knights
Hooker Jake Simpkin was also the victim of a high tackle late in the match against the Knights, which resulted in Jacob Saifiti being sent off.
Simpkin will miss Sunday’s match against the Bulldogs (HIA protocols). No timeframe has been placed on when he is likely to return.
Daine Laurie will be sidelined with a knee injury for 1-2 weeks
Daine Laurie will be sidelined with a knee injury for 1-2 weeks
Daine Laurie sustained a low-grade medial ligament injury. He will be out for 1-2 weeks.
Maumalo suffers knee injury against the Raiders at Belmore
Maumalo suffers knee injury against the Raiders at Belmore
Winger Ken Maumalo is recovering from a knee injury he suffered in the opening minutes in the Pre-season Challenge against the Raiders at Belmore. He is expected to be available for selection in Round 4.

The Rosco

Bench
Season 2023, huh ?
Here is the Rosco's take on it so far.
We knew that our forwards had improved. We knew it might take time for combinations to form, and for them to gel.
We knew that our backs would be the problem. Especially so our halves.
We hoped that the platform laid by the forwards could be utilised by the backs.
We knew it was yet another rebuild, and all the talk from Tim HQ was that he is looking a year or 2 in advance.
The worst thing that happened was the off-season positive press. All the talk of a re-invigorated WT side.
We all got sucked in, forgot about shit taking time, and expected instant results. Even The Rosco !
Fair dinkum . . . we are all that gullible that if our Mrs walks past us and smiles, we think we're on a promise !!!
Take a step back guys.
Yes, our halves are being exposed as frauds.
Yes our backs lack speed. We knew all that before, so it ain't no surprise. So why are we so wound up ?
Hopefully, Timmy makes the Captain Obvious changes and gives it a bit of time to settle in.
Hopefully, the direct play of Api and now Bateman force the others to go with them . . . once those 2 work out how damaging they can be together, we should have a bit of flair in close range attack.
And at the end of the day, we are in the same place as last year's Grand Finalists . . . . .

big hit!

Bench
The players just can't understand why our attacking plays don't pay off. I mean they look pretty good when we do them over and over at our unopposed training sessions. Considering the amount of times we do them over and over in games you would think it would have to work sometime. I mean, when we are attacking the opposition try line and we pass to Twal for the umpteenth time why doesn't it work?

Every team looks great vs air. No opposition, no decision-making, no pressure.

Tigerm

First Grade
Season 2023, huh ?
We knew that our forwards had improved. We knew it might take time for combinations to form, and for them to gel.
We knew it was yet another rebuild, and all the talk from Tim HQ was that he is looking a year or 2 in advance.
The worst thing that happened was the off-season positive press. All the talk of a re-invigorated WT side.
We all got sucked in, forgot about shit taking time, and expected instant results. Even The Rosco !
Fair dinkum . . . we are all that gullible that if our Mrs walks past us and smiles, we think we're on a promise !!!
Take a step back guys.
Yes our backs lack speed. We knew all that before, so it ain't no surprise. So why are we so wound up ?
Hopefully, Timmy makes the Captain Obvious changes and gives it a bit of time to settle in.
Hopefully, the direct play of Api and now Bateman force the others to go with them . . . once those 2 work out how damaging they can be together, we should have a bit of flair in close range attack.
And at the end of the day, we are in the same place as last year's Grand Finalists . . . . .
Yep, the club do it to us every f**king year, sigh.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
Season 2023, huh ?
Take a step back guys.
That was an excellent reality check. We are better off treating this whole year as the off season and we get to watch them train against real rugby league teams.

Hopefully by the start of next season our team won't be so bamboozled by Api and will learn some of the finer skills of footy like running on to the ball, running with the ball, you know the kind of thing every other team does.

Das Hassler

Bench
I'll put my head on the block and say I'm ok with how "things" are 3 games in...as absurd as that sounds i'm confident enough to remain appearing totally deluded and detached from reality....we'll come good sooner than later...I'll die on that hill ( insert sound of bugeler playing last post here)

simmo1

First Grade
I asked the ChatGPT robot how many games we will win this season, and it seems to think we will do OK:

As an AI language model, I cannot accurately predict the exact number of games that the Wests Tigers will win during the 2023 NRL season. The outcome of individual games and the overall performance of a team can be influenced by many factors such as team dynamics, player injuries, opposition form, and other unpredictable variables.

However, it is important to note that the Wests Tigers have a talented squad of players and an experienced coaching staff. If they can perform consistently at a high level throughout the season and avoid injuries, they should have a good chance of winning a reasonable number of games. Ultimately, the number of games they win will depend on their performance on the field and the quality of the competition they face during the season.

"Talented squad" apparently. So much for Artificial "Intelligence".

Latest posts