What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Season 2024 over

matPORTS

Juniors
The one thing I would be saying to Hunt first thing tomorrow morning.

Get on the phone to Mal and Billy and tell them that you are retiring from rep footy. You're not available for the Kangaroos this international season. You've played your last game for Queensland. If you're not willing to do that then don't bother coming back for pre-season.

We need you back on the 1st November for a full off-season prep and your full focus for 2025 needs to be on the club. It's time to give the club some repayment for the $7million+ that it's paid you for not much ROI.

Make no bones about it, Ben Hunt persisting with his rep career would be a selfish decision. It's all about the rep bonuses.

TheRev

Coach
I think Hunt was a 50/50 call being selected for qld this year.. I dont think he would be selected next year unless Grant is injured.. but even then I reckon they will go with Marney.

In other words, I think Hunt will retire from rep footy anyway.. but it would be good if he got on the front foot... tbh I thought his energy when he came back from origin was where the problems started for us..

Gareth67

First Grade
I intend to ask for a refund for this years membership . Damn those imbecile players who gave us so much hope only to surrender so meekly to their opponents in the final all-important must win matches ! ! !

I do sincerely hope that Flanagan is able to sign a number of players of note that will at the very least form a solid nucleus to build upon in the off-season .

Also as I have said previously in other posts - blood the young brigade next season in particular those 2 big islander boys who represented NSW in the under 20’s SOO .

In other words take a leaf out of the West Tigers book and get the talented youth on the bench at the very least. One only needs to look at the Tigpies Calvin Klein - their five/eighth , a bit nervous his first few games but has come along in leaps and bounds ever since .

And finally get rid Hunt , the man has not a drop of Dragon blood in him and replace him with another player as captain , one who bleeds red and white . ( J.D.Belin ? )

Someone must bite the bullet and make the hard decisions over the break otherwise next season will only be a repeat of this .

The players owe Flanagan an apology for dropping their loads so embarrassingly in the last few rounds - and no blame should be attached to Shane Flanagan whatsoever as he done his best with a bit and pieces team but unfortunately they fell short of their goal and in so doing have left many fans shattered .

Last edited:

Gardenia

Bench
I intend to ask for a refund for this years membership . Damn those imbecile players who gave us so much hope only to surrender so meekly to their opponents in the final all-important must win matches ! ! !

I do sincerely hope that Flanagan is able to sign a number of players of note that will at the very least form a solid nucleus to build upon in the off-season .

Also as I have said previously in other posts - blood the young brigade next season in particular those 2 big islander boys who represented NSW in the under 20’s SOO .

In other words take a leaf out of the West Tigers book and get the talented youth on the bench at the very least. One only needs to look at the Tigpies Calvin Klein - their five/eighth , a bit nervous his first few games but has come along in leaps and bounds ever since .

And finally get rid Hunt , the man has not a drop of Dragon blood in him and replace him with another player as captain , one who bleeds red and white . ( J.D.Belin ? )

Someone must bite the bullet and make the hard decisions over the break otherwise next season will only be a repeat of this .

The players owe Flanagan an apology for dropping their loads so embarrassingly in the last few rounds - and no blame should be attached to Shane Flanagan whatsoever as he done his best with a bit and pieces team but unfortunately they fell short of their goal and in so doing have left many fans shattered .
Flanno deserves better then 10th or 11th

Draginzaaar

Bench
Its over YES, I am cashing in my SF ticket. We will know today anyway if Knights beat Titans. our F & A will not allow us to jump Knights or Dolphins who play off next week unless we beat the Raiders by 70-80.
What is Knights and Phins draw? I'll be at the game due to the wife being a Knights fan. But I won't enjoy it.

Lovemedragons

Juniors
The one thing I would be saying to Hunt first thing tomorrow morning.

Get on the phone to Mal and Billy and tell them that you are retiring from rep footy. You're not available for the Kangaroos this international season. You've played your last game for Queensland. If you're not willing to do that then don't bother coming back for pre-season.

We need you back on the 1st November for a full off-season prep and your full focus for 2025 needs to be on the club. It's time to give the club some repayment for the $7million+ that it's paid you for not much ROI.

Make no bones about it, Ben Hunt persisting with his rep career would be a selfish decision. It's all about the rep bonuses.
I think we have had enough of Hunt, pay him out, wear the error of signing him and just pay him out. he has had so many chances to rise, he’s just not capable of what we need.

Dragon David

First Grade
Hopefully the Rorters season will over too.
Without Walker, Smith and Radley the Roosters will find it hard to win games in the finals.

There is still one more game of the competition proper to be played next week and the teams in the top 8 would be wary of suffering more injuries/suspensions before the finals. As we know, anything can happen in a game of league.

matPORTS

Juniors
I think we have had enough of Hunt, pay him out, wear the error of signing him and just pay him out. he has had so many chances to rise, he’s just not capable of what we need.

I agree.

Don't see any of this being a simple process, and we would need to try and get something out of it in return i.e. a swap deal with O'Sullivan or Katoa from the Dolphins as one scenario. Hell, I'd even take a swap with Keiran Foran at this point in time (couldn't be any worse).

After what happened on Saturday, any positive energy that was built up in me, thinking that the club was heading in the right direction, has been dissolved.

Yes - I thought back in January that we would be good for no more than 9 or 10 wins. We are on 11 with a chance to make it 12 to end the year. But there are clearly still a lot of cracks that will prevent us getting to the 15 wins we would need a year from now to be any chance of achieving a finals berth (and possibly a home final at that).