What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Season 2025

Nutz

Bench
This is the issue.

I do hate reading about people getting busted snorting cocaine though. I've never taken it and I don't want too but geez it's clearly everywhere and Australia spends a shit load on it.

I don't think it's my business and I have no interest in stopping people taking it if they can do it safely.
I get my kicks from my family. Now that my kids have flown the coup it's a lot cheaper now ;)

Nutz

Bench
Nutz, I have just placed Bula in my backlines above because I think he could make a go of it. He was a centre in his school & junior days with that Walsh fella at fullback. Turuva's preferred position is fullback.

So it's a pre-season where even more players are pulling their fingers out to impress the coach.

Fullback - Bula, Tito & Mason
Wing - Skelton, Staines, Laulilii, Tito, Lobb, Alaimalo and anyone else,
Centre - Olam, Faataape, To'a, Saukuru, and anyone else

We need forwards.
Agree OT. I wasn't being disrespectful, I was just highlighting the abundance of halves, or is it half's;)
You mentioned the centres.
Having played all my footy as a centre I can say that if a back is short on form, throw him in the centres as you can't hide there. You will find your running game and work on your D.
If Bula didn't need surgery it would have been a valuable experiment putting him in the centres for a couple of games, if not just for flexibility of the squad alone.

Tiger05

First Grade
We need forwards.

MIddles:-
Klemmer
Pole
Twal
Miller
Matamua
Kit Laulilii
Chris Faagutu
Tim Johannssen
Seyfarth

We need to resign Sione Fainu who I reckon has been awesome.

Edge
Samuela Fainu
Brandon Tumeth
Bateman

It's pretty weak. We really f**ked up resigning Doueihi because he takes up a roster spot. We need to piss some players as well.

Plus we have Sullivan and Naden in our top 30.

I like the way we are building but the club needs to do something about our forwards. Our edge forwards look terrible. We don't have a single middle who can dent the line like Stef. We should have also kept Papalli as a middle forward.

Nutz

Bench
MIddles:-
Klemmer
Pole
Twal
Miller
Matamua
Kit Laulilii
Chris Faagutu
Tim Johannssen
Seyfarth

We need to resign Sione Fainu who I reckon has been awesome.

Edge
Samuela Fainu
Brandon Tumeth
Bateman

It's pretty weak. We really f**ked up resigning Doueihi because he takes up a roster spot. We need to piss some players as well.

Plus we have Sullivan and Naden in our top 30.

I like the way we are building but the club needs to do something about our forwards. Our edge forwards look terrible. We don't have a single middle who can dent the line like Stef. We should have also kept Papalli as a middle forward.
Tiger the way I see it is we need 2 hard nosed props and we need them now.
With the war chest that we have I'd be signing Reagan Campbell-Gillard and Daniel Saifiti on a 2 year deal with a further 1 year mutual agreement.
They are ready to go. I know they are getting on but they have 2 years left in them imo.
During this period you would hope Miller grows an athletic body and has had more experience in the NRL to take over as one of our middles.
There would have to be some juggling with contracts but money talks.
Negatives are that RCG's manager said thanks but no thanks.
Also players like RCG and Saifiti would want to have their final years at a club that has the best chance of succeeding.
However the Tigers are starting to gain more attraction with their spine..Buli, Galvin, Luai and Api.

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade
With the war chest that we have I'd be signing Reagan Campbell-Gillard and Daniel Saifiti on a 2 year deal with a further 1 year mutual agreement.

We need props but I couldn't sign these two for that long. I honestly think we need a short term deal. I wish we'd kept Papalli. I reckon he'll be really good at Penrith next year.

Nutz

Bench
We need props but I couldn't sign these two for that long. I honestly think we need a short term deal. I wish we'd kept Papalli. I reckon he'll be really good at Penrith next year.
I'm afraid 2 years is the least that players would sign for. Those two are genuine middles.
Hunt is available but my only reservations with him is he's been in and out with injuries.
I don't know of any others do you?

Tiger Ted

Bench
Tiger the way I see it is we need 2 hard nosed props and we need them now.
They are ready to go. I know they are getting on but they have 2 years left in them imo.
During this period you would hope Miller grows an athletic body and has had more experience in the NRL to take over as one of our middles.
There would have to be some juggling with contracts but money talks.
Negatives are that RCG's manager said thanks but no thanks.
Also players like RCG and Saifiti would want to have their final years at a club that has the best chance of succeeding.
However the Tigers are starting to gain more attraction with their spine..Buli, Galvin, Luai and Api.
I’m hearing Miller & Kit L are on the outer & are to be discarded