What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Season 2025

Tigerm

Coach
Tumeth has a mutual option, we're obviously not going to take it up so upto him if he wants too. Considering he played all the jnr reps he may get a gig elsewhere.

Doeuihi being re-signed was the stupidest idea ever. I dont care if he's on $1, hes taking up a spot that we desperately need.
Yes, the Doueihi resigning, is up there with one of our biggest mistakes ever.

Nutz

Bench
Doeuihi being re-signed was the stupidest idea ever. I dont care if he's on $1, hes taking up a spot that we desperately need.
So true, ridiculous.
In the big picture though, we don't see the hours of hard dedicated rehab he has done as he came back in good shape and scored that runaway try beating a speedster to the line. He could easily have won the hearts of Richo and Benji because he wants to be here and willing to fight.
But we are a professional sport not a charity. He should have been put on a train and trial contract for 2025 until things worked out with the roster. Unsure if that is possible though, can't see why not.

Tiger05

First Grade
Tumeth has a mutual option, we're obviously not going to take it up so upto him if he wants too. Considering he played all the jnr reps he may get a gig elsewhere.

Factually we have 31 spots filled right now out of 30 and ideally we need another middle forward plus re-sign Sione. I also think Faataape deserves a top 30 contract. He was our best centre last season. Olam was injured or suspended way too much and To'a hardly played.

The Doueihi signing is shocking and I bet it isn't a minimum value contract.

We need to get rid of some players.

Tiger05

First Grade
In the big picture though, we don't see the hours of hard dedicated rehab he has done as he came back in good shape and scored that runaway try beating a speedster to the line. He could easily have won the hearts of Richo and Benji because he wants to be here and willing to fight.

He plays one good game and 10 bad ones. His defensive efforts are terrible. I can't see him being a first grade player in any position other than an edge backrower and there is no way he is anything other than a development player in that role.

Richo f**ked this one up big time.

Tiger05

First Grade
This is my go at the roster for next year. I've included Sione Fainu as we really need a middle forward and he has been good for us.

1. Jahream Bula
2. Sunia Turuva
3. Justin Olam
4. Starford To’a
5. Jeral Skelton

6. Lachlan Galvin
7. Jarome Luai

8. David Klemmer
9. Apisai Koroisau (c)
10. Fonua Pole
11. Samuela Fainu
12. Jack Bird
13. Alex Seyfarth

14. Tallyn Da Silva
15. Alex Twal
16. Royce Hunt
17. Sione Fainu -- needs to be signed

Forwards:-
18. Jordan Miller
19. Justin Matamua
20. Kit Laulilii
21. Adam Doueihi -- try and get rid of
22. Brandon Tumeth -- try and get rid of
23. Tony Sukkar
24. Chris Faagutu
25. John Bateman -- try and get rid of
Hookers/Halves/Utilities:-
26. Jayden Sullivan -- try and get rid of
27. Latu Fainu
Outside Backs:-
28. Josh Feledy
29. Solomone Saukuru
30. Luke Laulilii
31. Brent Naden
32. Charlie Staines

Outside Top 30

Tim Johannssen -- junior with potential
Reuben Porter -- average first grader
Heath Mason -- junior with potential

Unsigned but should be signed:-
Solomona Faataape -- average first grader

I reckon our 1-7 are pretty good and we have good depth. Staines is a first grader and he can play in the centres or on the wing. He might even start over To'a. Latu as a back-up half is crazy stuff but injuries will happen and maybe he will rotate with TDS off the bench.

The forwards can do the job and the depth is pretty good but mostly because of Johannssen & Porter being outside of the top 30.

Our big issue is we have way too many signings that are not giving us any value and some of them are on top dollars. Maybe we also have to get rid of some our depth outside backs.

I can't see us signing anyone else until we clean that roster up.

I thought the Bird signing was okay but now I think we shouldn't have made that signing.

Latest posts