What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Season restart 2020.

Penrose_11

Juniors
Eddie Blacker from Dragons is being talked about. He’s 20 yrs old, 195cms and plays prop. Looks like a unit. Spent junior yrs with Broncos but moved to St G last year when squeezed out due to other young forwards Faifita, TPJ etc. Dragons supporters rate him big time but can’t get a gig there either with their current middle depth. Signed with them till 2021 on what i’d think would be minimum coin. Who knows but could be a huge pickup going forward.

We’ve signed 22yr old Jack Murchie from Raiders as well. He’s another middle/2nd row coming in at 193cms. So another with size. He’s not contracted anywhere next season, so can see him busting a nut for something long term.

BMM, Toby Rudolph, Katoa. All of a sudden things looking slightly more rosey.....

I don't know how to feel about this. Will these loan players really be giving 100% for the Warriors or just trying to make themselves look good for their "real" club? It throws up all sorts of interesting dynamics. I'm already suspicious of clubs who are happy to let their players go - if they were that good surely they'd want to keep them around for themselves.
It is an interesting dynamic.
Genuine clubs would let players go if they didnt see them getting a shot.
Most players in the professional error want to do their best as it will result in an increase in their value/more money for them.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I like to think any player will give his all for all the people who watch.

Only disgruntled players do not give everything.

Matua

Bench
So looks like I'll be saved from most of the pain of being a Warriors fan this year. Fox/Kayo aren't showing the Aotearoa Super Rugby comp and I'm not going to pay for either just for the Warriors. So I'll be limited to any games they have on Ch9 which I expect to be not very many.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
So looks like I'll be saved from most of the pain of being a Warriors fan this year. Fox/Kayo aren't showing the Aotearoa Super Rugby comp and I'm not going to pay for either just for the Warriors. So I'll be limited to any games they have on Ch9 which I expect to be not very many.

f**k that’s a kick in the guts, was hoping I’d get some Rugby . U ion must really be considered worthless here. Wonder if there’s any other online option?

Matua

Bench
f**k that’s a kick in the guts, was hoping I’d get some Rugby . U ion must really be considered worthless here. Wonder if there’s any other online option?
I'm hoping that RugbyPass will show it here legally if Fox/Kayo don't pick it up. But I liked having Kayo for the rugby and for the Warriors.

News Limited/Fox has been actively working against rugby in Australia, they orchestrated the taking down of Castle (I assume because she was making a deal with Optus), and one of their journos has basically been running attacks on the ARU for months now. It's been weird to watch.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I hope the boys have been getting drilled hard on the fitness stuff, the new six again rule seems to have sped the game up and made fitness more paramount. Might compensate a bit for our lack of big bodies at least. Shame Tevaga is injured, I think it’ll suit his game.

Looking back at this now we should have negotiated something for the relocation and loss of home games.
I don't think we could of got away with asking for say 2-4 competition points (We should have started there) but I think we could have wrangled that points against us don't count for our points differential.

Would be handy now with what looks a bridge to far to make the 8.

Latest posts