What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Second Row of the decade

Who makes the Second Row of the Year

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Slackboy72

Coach
I went with Menzies and Tallis but SBW, Hindmarsh, Mason and Fitzgibbon could all be reasonable holders of this title.

LRC

I would have Hindmarsh for pure 8o minutes of work.
Tallis for his aggression.
Kennedy at lock for his skill and work rate.

Fletcher would be on the bench for his skill and he can work down the centre like a prop if needed. Actuallly he would be my fisrt chocie followed by Tallis but for the balance of the team he would bring a lot from the bench.
Menzies would also be on the bench for his versatility. he can play both as a runner and has a high work rate.

Lycon79

Juniors
Went with the Raging Bull and Fitzy would have had Morley in there if he played more than five games a season due to his judicary record

ManlyMania

Juniors
menzies and tallis - very rarely does anyone think anyone outside a half /fullback can be the best player in the world but tallis was imo the best player in the world some 6 or so years ago.

Big Pete

Referee
He still had some fairly good years in him Beaver and while he wasn't as dominant as he was in the 90's his feats should be recognised.

With that said, I'd have him below a few candidates on that list.

watatank

Coach
He seems too much of a sentimental vote for mine. There were several backrowers better than him this decade. He played pretty much all his rep level games this decade off the bench and he finished the past few years of his career off the bench as well.

Jono078

Referee
Was Tallis really that great and deserving of being in the top 2?

Serious question, I only really watched him after his neck injury..

user_nat

Coach
Talis and I meant to press Fitzy but pressed Crocker.

But I like Crockers work at Origin level anyhow.

God-King Dean

Immortal
If Hindmarsh has done more work on the footy field than Fitzgibbon I'll eat my pubs.

Hitups are far more valable than tackles. Not to mention Fitz is a goal kicker as well.

That said... Hind & Fitz.

DeeJ

Bench
Was Tallis really that great and deserving of being in the top 2?

Serious question, I only really watched him after his neck injury..

Well there's your answer.

I went for Tallis and the traitor Sonny Bill. Even though these guys had shorter careers during this decade than other players I cannot deny their impact, skill and form over those golden seasons.

The Colonel

Immortal
If Hindmarsh has done more work on the footy field than Fitzgibbon I'll eat my pubs.

Hitups are far more valable than tackles. Not to mention Fitz is a goal kicker as well.

That said... Hind & Fitz.

Do you want sauce with them?

Fitzgibbon - 263 Games

24859 metres gained from 3509 runs
13471 minutes played.
7524 Tackles
173 Tacklebreaks
35 linebreaks
16 linebreak assists
42 tries
718 goals
15 try assists

http://203.166.101.37/NRL/index.html

Hindmarsh - 260 Games

26177 metres gained from 3542 runs
14406 minutes played
8855 tackles
371 tacklebreaks
99 Linebreaks
33 Line break assists
57 tries
24 try assists

http://203.166.101.37/NRL/index.html

Not trying to be a smartarse.... just waiting for work to finish.