What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Second Row of the decade

Who makes the Second Row of the Year

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

t-ba

Post Whore
Beaver's awesome. Deserves a spot on the bench. I'd go Fitzy and Hindy.

Y2Eel

First Grade
Do you want sauce with them?

Fitzgibbon - 263 Games

24859 metres gained from 3509 runs
13471 minutes played.
7524 Tackles
173 Tacklebreaks
35 linebreaks
16 linebreak assists
42 tries
718 goals
15 try assists

http://203.166.101.37/NRL/index.html

Hindmarsh - 260 Games

26177 metres gained from 3542 runs
14406 minutes played
8855 tackles
371 tacklebreaks
99 Linebreaks
33 Line break assists
57 tries
24 try assists

http://203.166.101.37/NRL/index.html

Not trying to be a smartarse.... just waiting for work to finish.

If Hindmarsh has done more work on the footy field than Fitzgibbon I'll eat my pubs.

Hitups are far more valable than tackles. Not to mention Fitz is a goal kicker as well.

That said... Hind & Fitz.

Eat your Pubs? I wanna see you eat those pubes........:lol:

BTW Have you seen the amount of try saving tackles he has made they are worth just as much as tries...

broncos70

Juniors
my ass hindmarsh has made 99 linebreaks and more metres than fitzgibbon..no bloody chance in hell..

Red Bear

Referee
Hindmarsh and Fitzy great for the whole ten years, Tallis was awesome at his peak but in realisty wasnt quite the same player in 04 and probably 03. SBW devestating but an injury prone merkin. Menzies the only Manly guy worth respect.

I'll go Fitzy and Menzies in a slight personal bias with Hindmarsh very unlucky. Some very good and even likeable players in this position.

Actually Morley for consideration also.

Hmmm

watatank

Coach
my ass hindmarsh has made 99 linebreaks and more metres than fitzgibbon..no bloody chance in hell..

Hindmarsh used to be a much more dynamic forward before a few years back. Similar to what Ben Creagh is now. He lost that after a while and became more of a worker.

MSIH

Bench
Hindmarsh and Fitzgibbon would be the most impotent backrow possible.

Would love to see those two defend together, they'd be waiting on each other to make first contact so the other could flop on at the end to complete the tackle and boost their stats.

Loudstrat

Coach
menzies and tallis - very rarely does anyone think anyone outside a half /fullback can be the best player in the world but tallis was imo the best player in the world some 6 or so years ago.
Tallis was never even best second rower in the NRL that I can recall - always got owned in the dally M's by others.

Menzies best days were in the 90's. By this decade he was mainly a benchie.

SBW was good for the 15 minutes per year without injury or tantrum.

mxlegend99

Referee
Probably Tallis and Hindy for me.

Although I think that Tony Puletua should have been on that list ahead of a few of those blokes.

Any particular reason why Wiki isn't on that list Pete?

I'm slightly offended he isn't. And not only that, no one's mentioned him so far in this thread.

SBW & Wiki for mine.

CGD

Juniors
He is also responsible for the greatest try saving effort of the decade when he tackled 3 pommy outside backs on the same blade of grass to deny a try.
I remember that. Danny McGuire had the ball in the enviable position of one Kangaroo in front of him with a 3 man overlap. He tries to run Hindmarsh out of position to draw and pass (not even needed in a 3 man overlap), but Hindmarsh positions himself so well that McGuire runs his centre, winger and himself to the sideline. Hilarious to watch. That might have also been the game where Hindmarsh charged down and regathered an Andy Farrell drop goal that would've won the game for Great Britain.

Latest posts