What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Secret Wayne Bennett trip on eve of St George Broncos semi final

RHCP

Bench
Mark getting drunk and feeling disgruntled makes sense...but why wasn't Zeb at this meeting?

sneaky_is_here

Juniors
I think a big deal is been made over the fact they were at Zeb's house. Select group could mean he wanted to speak to 4 or 5 players and I can think of those and see why Zeb may not have been there.

It also said he was drinking with De Gois and AK with no mention of Zeb.

perverse

Referee
My understanding is that Zeb is wanted and part of future plans. I don't know if there's much more to it... i don't know what the players are thinking.

Rod

Bench
Maybe Zeb said yeah come round for a beer, then Wayne called Zeb and said come to a meeting, so he left the other guys at his place and f**ked off to the meeting, and that's why Taufua etc got pissed off....

:crazy:

Johns Magic

Referee
At least when Taufua's NSW Cup career ends he has a promising career in literature to look forward to.

Big Tim

First Grade
I think a big deal is been made over the fact they were at Zeb's house. Select group could mean he wanted to speak to 4 or 5 players and I can think of those and see why Zeb may not have been there.

It also said he was drinking with De Gois and AK with no mention of Zeb.

One would assume Mullo, House and Gids were part of this. I actually struggle to think of any more.... maybe Costigan.

Apey

Staff member
Question on the page "Should Dragons coach Wayne Bennett have wasted valuable finals prep time in Newcastle?"

:lol: They can't spend every f**king minute preparing for it. Who gives a shit what he does in his spare time.

Silent Knight

First Grade
WAYNE TOOK MY JERB

lg_badge%20knights%20mark.jpg

DURRRKKKAAAA DURRRRRRRR

aqua_duck

Coach
Question on the page "Should Dragons coach Wayne Bennett have wasted valuable finals prep time in Newcastle?"

:lol: They can't spend every f**king minute preparing for it. Who gives a shit what he does in his spare time.

Maybe Wayne shouldve spent his day off texting and pestering all his players like Smithy use to

Yosh

Coach
Well looks like WB is really taking the job seriously.... Sux to be the Dragons though!

Hooch

Juniors
Typical Bennet. The bloke is as slippery as an eel.

Shows total disrespect to his current side, but in Waynes World I suppose it all makes sense.

Maybe he felt like a day off to have a beer and make a few new connections with key players for next year or maybe he wanted a few tips or to borrow some knights players to hit it up against St George at training.
Maybe he was just lonely and wanted new friends.
Who knows! Who really cares. A big deal about what might have been nothing.

billy2

Juniors
Wayne would have been cutting Rick Stone's grass if he talked to the players before the side was knocked out.
He took the first opportunity to have a word with some players.
He might have been wanting to do this for months.
I suspect he was telling some guys what positions he wants them to train for - Gids to hooker - Tets you are a prop now - Sau that big arse of yours should be useful warming the bench - that sort of thing.

I'd be surprised if Mullo wasn't one of the first spoken to. I'd say Wayne has told a few of them what he expects in november when the era of greatness kicks off.