What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Selection headaches - teams for next week?

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Is Morrison back this week? I thought they were gonna give him another weeks rest before the finals.

mickdo

Coach
His finger is still in a splint so you would think he would most likely miss the Bronx game

Avenger

Immortal
Eela at this early stage I would say that Reddy is better under the high ball but Wade has more flair in broken play. I would love to know who is faster.

Haynzy

First Grade
I actually think Reddy's ball skills and defence are better.
They pretty much the same in running attack, Wade may just shade him for pace and footwork.
I guess the main thing Wade has over Reddy is experience.
I wouldn't be surprised to see Reddy in the top grade throughout the finals and if he copes with that pressure well then he will probably stay in over Wade.

True EEL

Bench
you have to go with the flow at this point - as much as possible anyway

meaning Reddy will stay, Delaney may even stay, but will be dropped back for Tahu, Guru will come back staright away when fit, as will Morrison - i see some people are dropping Chad Robinson out of their squads???? be serious guys????

it will depend a lot on availability of course - but with the position BS is in - i can't seem him falling back into old habits of going with players he likes or proven ones to a large extent - the players in PL on the weekend MAY have bene there to get some match fitness and find form etc - but they may also have been there because form is dictating in first grade (and PL for that matter) i mean he didn't even bring any of the big name players up for Guru - he played John Williams who had a corker as well

and by the by - anyone looking to bag or drop Luke Burt at the moment???????

the team will be somehting like this, depending on availability:

and i have to give Luke O'Dwyer i warp - he is still a little small for the forwards and does get pushed around a bit, but gee he plays hard and can hit a gap, was very unlucky yesterday and deserves a wrap - i didn't think he could play that well to be honest

Reddy
Burt
Smith
Delaney/Tahu (if fit)
Grothe
Morris
Smith
Cayless (c)
Riddell
Stringer
Hindmarsh
Robinson/Morrison (if fit)
O'Dwyer/Robinson (if Morrison fit)

Marsh
Widders
Vella
Moimoi

forward pass

Coach
I still worry about some of Wades basic errors. I'd stick with Reddy.

Wags is the biggest headache imo. Is he too big a risk at this late stage?

varion

Juniors
Haynzy said:
I actually think Reddy's ball skills and defence are better.
They pretty much the same in running attack, Wade may just shade him for pace and footwork.
I guess the main thing Wade has over Reddy is experience.
I wouldn't be surprised to see Reddy in the top grade throughout the finals and if he copes with that pressure well then he will probably stay in over Wade.

Wade is more of a "hard tackle" much like a Schifcofske. Hes deceptively elusive and breaks alot of tackles.

Reddy is more run it hard and fast without the deceptive elusiveness. The advantage of this is that he doesnt crab and get smashed like Wade sometimes does but probably wont make the type of line breaks Wade would.

Freak

Juniors
Our strongest side ATM IMO is;
1. Mckinnon
2. Burt
3. B. Smith
4. Tahu
5. Grothe
6. Morris
7. T. Smith
8. Cayless
9. Riddell
10. Stringer
11. Hindmarsh
12. Morrison
13. Wagon

14. PJ
15. Deano
16. Robinson
17. Vella

The big ask is; Can Robbo play up front??? Come finals footy we are going to need 2 props on the bench. Personally Vella needs a huge game this weekend to be seelcted in front of Peek. As much as I love Fui I couldn't have him in th finals, but would not be suprised if BS selects him in front of Robbo or Vella.

Cannings is out for mine unless injuries occur.
Wagon is our best lock and if our side has a weakness it is Tim's defence. Wagon will help secure this by protecting him.

It will be interesting to see. Unfortunately not all will be happy

Haynzy

First Grade
Freak said:
Our strongest side ATM IMO is;
1. Mckinnon
2. Burt
3. B. Smith
4. Tahu
5. Grothe
6. Morris
7. T. Smith
8. Cayless
9. Riddell
10. Stringer
11. Hindmarsh
12. Morrison
13. Wagon

14. PJ
15. Deano
16. Robinson
17. Vella

The big ask is; Can Robbo play up front??? Come finals footy we are going to need 2 props on the bench. Personally Vella needs a huge game this weekend to be seelcted in front of Peek. As much as I love Fui I couldn't have him in th finals, but would not be suprised if BS selects him in front of Robbo or Vella.

Cannings is out for mine unless injuries occur.
Wagon is our best lock and if our side has a weakness it is Tim's defence. Wagon will help secure this by protecting him.

It will be interesting to see. Unfortunately not all will be happy

Wagon over Robbo if he is totally fit. much more reliable.
Robbo isn't big enough for the front row. I wouldn't have him in front of Peek, Fui or Vella for that pos.
With Piggy playing as a backrower in the latter stages Robbo won't be needed if Wags is fully fit.
As much as I'd love to see Peek in I think Vella will shade him if he plays like he did yesterday.
I think Fui will be fine for the finals, great impact and great when it gets tough.

I'd be boing with

1. Reddy
2. Burt
3. B. Smith
4. Tahu/Delaney
5. Grothe
6. Morris
7. T. Smith
8. Cayless
9. Riddell
10. Stringer
11. Hindmarsh
12. Morrison
13. Wagon/Robbo/Delaney

14. PJ
15. Deano
16. Fui
17. Vella/Peek

PJ widders and Fui are guaranteed IMO peek, Vella and robinson will fight it out for No. 16.

wagon back to lock. And mckinnon back for sure.

fish eel

Immortal
I posted this bench in another thread.

14. PJ Marsh - no arguments
15. Widders - no arguments
16. Vella/Peek/Robinson. I think Vella probably has the inside running, he was very good yesterday, particuarly in the first half. Its tough on Chad though, becaus ehe deserves a spot somewhere.
17. Fui - I think he has almost cemented this spot ahead of Cannings. Its clear we wont take both into a match unless we have to. It wouldnt surprise though if they are swapped for the finals.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Chad has had some ordinary games, I'm keen to see Wags back at lock

Stagger eel

Staff member
Daniel Wagon at his he peak fitness and form is probably one of the most important members of this sqaud, he's a must IMO.

Freak

Juniors
eelavation said:
Daniel Wagon at his he peak fitness and form is probably one of the most important members of this sqaud, he's a must IMO.

Not only in your opinion but mine and the coaches opinion as well I would suspect.

BUT HE MUST PLAY THIS WEEK OR FORGET ABOUT IT!!

Nickeel

Juniors
Freak said:
Not only in your opinion but mine and the coaches opinion as well I would suspect.

BUT HE MUST PLAY THIS WEEK OR FORGET ABOUT IT!!

Tend to agree. I rate Wags highly, but you can't just be bringing him into a finals series after 11 weeks or so out, with a team travelling so well.

Will be interesting to see what Smithy does. Talk about headaches! Good luck Brian - glad it's your job and not mine!

Nick

Hurriflatch

Referee
people keep on saying that Wade will come in due to experience but really does he have that much more experience

Finals games
Wade - zero
Joel - zero

Rep games
Wade - Zero (yes he was 18th man for City but he didn't play)
Joel - Zero (although he did play for the Jnr Kangroo's last year)

McKinnon does have an advantage in the number club games over Reddy but has McKinnon even played in a game like Joel did at Kogarah??

yy_cheng

Coach
I think experience is referring to NRL games as well as having played against alot of the players in the opposition teams.

Reddy has done great so far. No real brain explosions yet. Although, a near Phil Graham intercept might be due to the lack of knowledge of the opposition team.

I am very impressed with his maturity. Saw him a couple of times in his 3 games thinking about offloading and then holding it back. But in saying that, doesn't Ben, Delaney and John WIlliams show maturity. I am very pleasantly surprised.

shiftysmith

Juniors
i know fuifui may get a bit of a hammering from certain people,but honestly if we could even get 40-45 min. out of him he is worth having in the side,he really hits the defensive line hard and more importantly he takes 3or4 defenders with him.

Latest posts