What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Self service checkout

Just to put it in perspective.

If the unemployed mum on the struggle street gets done pilfering something needed for her kids, let’s get her some help and not have her arrested.

If it’s a dickhead just trying to be smart, fine, 23 and 1!

blue bags

First Grade
The Smart ass dickheads thieves
Use the . Found receipt scam
Find a receipt in or out of the shop
Then use a trolley. Fill up trolley inside Shop.
With the items that match up to the receipt
Then they attempt to walk out of shop with the full trolley

horrie hastings

First Grade
Lol, used the self service checkout at my local Coles the other day, had a few items of fresh produce which i put through correctly but the last item was a butter lettuce, i could not find it any where on the fresh produce look up no matter what i searched, i then called over one of the assistants and said where do i find this lettuce on here, she said you just scan the bar code on the plastic its in :eek:, i felt like a real dill, she said don't worry about it, it happens all the time.

There was a fracas at Woolworths the other day where the man demanded change in the $2 Olympic coins.

And the girl said no and the supervisors was called and backed

And he raised his voice and wanted to return the yoghurt but then the staff refused to accept it because he was rude.

He looked at me for support but I brushed him.

So he yelled and left the yoghurt on the service counter in an aggressive way and they all smiled the retail smile and wished him a nice day.

I’m glad I’m no longer a check out chick @horrie hastings

If he was nicer, they might have helped him get one or two if they were in the tray. But he stood over them.

horrie hastings

First Grade
There was a fracas at Woolworths the other day where the man demanded change in the $2 Olympic coins.

And the girl said no and the supervisors was called and backed

And he raised his voice and wanted to return the yoghurt but then the staff refused to accept it because he was rude.

He looked at me for support but I brushed him.

So he yelled and left the yoghurt on the service counter in an aggressive way and they all smiled the retail smile and wished him a nice day.

I’m glad I’m no longer a check out chick @horrie hastings

If he was nicer, they might have helped him get one or two if they were in the tray. But he stood over them.
Honestly what is it these days with all these self entitled people in the world, honestly there are bigger things going on this world that not getting your own way and getting Olympic coins so then taking it out on the poor check out person. Honestly the poor check out people have to put up with so much unwarranted crap when they are only trying to do their job.
I have had some customers asked me whether we had any of the Olympic coins when i'm giving them change and i am happy to give it to them because they have asked politely and also treated me with respect if we haven't had any in the till. I would have just thrown that troubled Woolworths customer out of my shop if he tried that on me.

Honestly what is it these days with all these self entitled people in the world, honestly there are bigger things going on this world that not getting your own way and getting Olympic coins so then taking it out on the poor check out person. Honestly the poor check out people have to put up with so much unwarranted crap when they are only trying to do their job.
I have had some customers asked me whether we had any of the Olympic coins when i'm giving them change and i am happy to give it to them because they have asked politely and also treated me with respect if we haven't had any in the till. I would have just thrown that troubled Woolworths customer out of my shop if he tried that on me.
Yeah, it’s about how you approach and I think you should always respect people at work.

And when I’ve worked in retail environments, including full time for awhile, most people are nice but you get the odd crazy and rude ones.

And you learn to be friendly and composed under rudeness and pressure but I have seen co-workers break, close the till and storm off. I saw one yell at a customer once for being an asshole. Pent up frustration.

Anyway the girls weren’t having any of his carrying on and I refused to look at him when he looked at me for sympathy or something.

The girl at the service counter said to me afterwards that their store policy is not to dig the special coins out for people as it interrupts a busy thoroughfare and all customers deserve quick service. And the girls don’t want to get into trouble, just doing their job.

I think the check out people work hard and they probably don’t get paid enough.

When I worked behind the checkout, I liked busier times as it went more quickly than slow times. Then after a short spell, if quiet, you had to clean stuff and help with stock. On the go a lot. Customers don’t see all the rest of it.

And the co vid scare, when we didn’t have the vaccine, the workers turning up at supermarkets were national heroes.

Latest posts