What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Selling your soul

alien

Referee
Bennett might follow the English Super League fairly closely, so he might have no problem in selecting the team. He would want to be involved in international Rugby League, so if the Kangaroos don't want him to be coach then he is free to look elsewhere. He also has a child that is disabled and needs a lot of help, so I wouldn't hold it against Bennett if he wanted to make as much money as he can before he retires.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Bennett might follow the English Super League fairly closely, so he might have no problem in selecting the team. He would want to be involved in international Rugby League, so if the Kangaroos don't want him to be coach then he is free to look elsewhere. He also has a child that is disabled and needs a lot of help, so I wouldn't hold it against Bennett if he wanted to make as much money as he can before he retires.

Good post. Agree.

expansionist

Juniors
Given his comments, Im actually a little disappointed he didnt decide to coach one of the developing nations.

In saying that I think its good news for England.

RoosTah

Juniors
Given his comments, Im actually a little disappointed he didnt decide to coach one of the developing nations.

He did though, England have gotten to as many World Cup Finals as other developing countries in the past 20 years :p.

roughyedspud

Coach
So just to fill you all in while you aussies sleep...

The RFL issued a statement saying macnamara hasn't had his contract renewed...

Half hour later they released a statement saying bennetts the new head coach on a 2 year contract,till after the 2017 RLWC..

im fine with it as long his number 2 & backroom staff are english

kdalymc

Bench
Unlike Australia, England actually play tests. However Mal Meninga couldn't coach Aus and QLD as it had to be a full time job... Wayne coaches a club team that plays 26 games a year.... I don't get it

Billythekid

First Grade
Let's hope it leads to success. England have a solid team now and plenty have NRL experience. There's no reason they shouldn't be a threat next world cup. Personally I was hoping he would do PNG but this was more realistic. A competitive england would be fantastic for international league.

Bronco Rob

Juniors
Let's hope it leads to success. England have a solid team now and plenty have NRL experience. There's no reason they shouldn't be a threat next world cup. Personally I was hoping he would do PNG but this was more realistic. A competitive england would be fantastic for international league.

They're a competitive team now!

To the English posters, was McNamara that bad? He did just coach them to a successful series win over the Kiwis who were depleted but still had a quality team on the paddock apart from Hiku at the 6.

Or maybe he is still pissed that Big Mal got the Aust job and he wants to give the ARL the middle finger?
I think you have hit the nail on the head.
He's probably spitting chips he didn't get the Australian job and wants to take his anger out on the ARL by beating Australia in this years 4 nations for starters. Whether he can is of course another question.

Evil Homer

Staff member
They're a competitive team now!

To the English posters, was McNamara that bad? He did just coach them to a successful series win over the Kiwis who were depleted but still had a quality team on the paddock apart from Hiku at the 6.
Yeah, McNamara really was that bad. Replacing him is the best decision England RL could've made.

roughyedspud

Coach
Off the field macnamara was excellent,the train camps,the sports science etc have really dragged us into the modern era...i wouldn't have a problem if macnamara took up somekind of "director of rugby" role at the RFL and continued with all the off field development.

..on the field though hes absymal with most of our best performances credited to his number 2 and/or backroom staff..like daryl powell,paul deacon etc

adamkungl

Immortal
Any chance of him remaining on in some capacity?

On a side note, with Bennett coaching England it'd be interesting to see if Trent Robinson shows any interest in taking up the French job going into the WC.

The Partisan

So the coaches of the big 3 ...Oz, NZ and England ...all now residing in Brisbane (or surrounds) !

Perhaps they'll do lunch and plot how to overcome the powerhouse of Scotland come 4N's !

Evil Homer

Staff member
Any chance of him remaining on in some capacity?
No.
On a side note, with Bennett coaching England it'd be interesting to see if Trent Robinson shows any interest in taking up the French job going into the WC.
That would be great, although just about anyone would be better than the idiot they have now.

Latest posts