What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

sellout at parra

hitamn

Juniors
if oonly we had a bigger stadium i mean 20,000 is abit small when we are running 10th and are playin 5 and it sells out with 2 days to go
also lokks good for our nxt home game against the saints
go you ighty EELS

Stranger

Coach
Yeah they win 4 games and they sell out...

4 weeks ago there was what? 10k?

Becomming one of the biggest bandwagon teams if not the biggest, in the comp.

eelsta

Bench
Stranger said:
Yeah they win 4 games and they sell out...

4 weeks ago there was what? 10k?

:roll: :blahb: :blahb:

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Stranger said:

Nothing to do with a bandwagon, Eels fans just tend to stay at home unless their team is playing well, they still follow them.

Tigers are the biggest bandwagon team in the comp.

cainen

Juniors
Better for the club to have 10000 supporters show up when theyre losing and 20000 when theyre winning than 10000 whether they're losing or not.

The club can't really be blamed for having bandwagoners. I know Penrith fans are bloody fickle.

eelsta

Bench
Well for a start i go to all games, also if we only got 10000 for this game wouldnt you then be saying how pathetic we are for not supporting the team when they are trying to make the semis!!!

eelsta

Bench
cainen said:
Better for the club to have 10000 supporters show up when theyre losing and 20000 when theyre winning than 10000 whether they're losing or not.

The club can't really be blamed for having bandwagoners. I know Penrith fans are bloody fickle.

Absolutely right all clubs have fickle fans not just parra

they get a bad crowd and they get bagged

then they have a sellout and same old song....

mattyg

Bench
Bandwagon or not, parra stadium should be upgraded. 30k would be great. They could build up the ends of the ground and the corners and that should do the trick. Didn't parra sell out against tigers earlier in the year as well?

Hurriflatch

Referee
That was the plan

To build it up so it's a 2 tier stadium all the way around kinda like a mini Suncorp Stadium in a way.

But it needs government funding and with the Eels the only team to play out of the stadium that funding doesn't look like happening, if a Super 14 or A-League side played games at Parra the funding would come.

phonetic

Juniors
It did hold 30k til they got rid of the hills and replaced them with those pissweak stands, with so much signage that you can't even see the big screen.

Anyway, good news about the sellout. I'll have to look into getting tickets for the Saints game next week. Although I'm sure if Manly beat Parra this weekend there'll be plenty available.

Stranger

Coach
Well for a start i go to all games, also if we only got 10000 for this game wouldnt you then be saying how pathetic we are for not supporting the team when they are trying to make the semis!!!
Its pathetic that after a poor start to one year after a great previous year your crowds are in the pitts till you win yes. And because you probably arent a fickle fan doesn't mean that parra don't have a huge bandwagon.

There are a few stadiums that need upgrading before Parra(not saying they dont need a bigger stadium).

BTW didn't they used to have a bigger capacity but they had to block the hills off because of fights and sh*t like that? **beat me to it**

Hurriflatch

Referee
The big fight in the 2001 (I think) Eels v Bulldogs game gave Dennis the power he needed to make the changes, the signage and terraces are they are now were meant to just be a tempoary measure until the changes were completed, however as I said due to issues like the Parra Power not getting into the A-League and Western Australia getting the next Super 14 side meant that the remaining upgrades will not be done.

Everyone hates it but shi* happens.

phonetic

Juniors
The signage is ridiculous.

Parramatta stadium at night I reckon is the coldest ground in the competition, maybe besides Auckland. I've been to Melbourne and Canberra several times and they don't even compare to some of the nights I've had out at Parra.

It is a great ground to watch from though, it would be great if they could finish what they started...

Or at least pull down a couple of the billboards.

CrazyEel

Bench
Stranger said:
Its pathetic that after a poor start to one year after a great previous year your crowds are in the pitts till you win yes. And because you probably arent a fickle fan doesn't mean that parra don't have a huge bandwagon.
:roll: Well our average this year is down 3,000 on last year where as your average this year is up 3,000 on last year. Now apart from the fact that the fortunes of both teams have been reversed what other conclusion are you capable of drawing from those facts :sarcasm:

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
OK. HAS IT REALLY BEEN SOLD OUT??? because this time last year many games were billed as sold out and many fans didnt bother to get tix, but those were rumours... CHECK IF ITS SOLD OUT FOR SURE, before you post this, any speculation is bad for the game imo.

Hurriflatch

Referee
It's not sold out

but Parra are expecting a big walk up which could sell it out by kickoff

to avoid the long queues and to get in before half time you should pre purchase tickets if possible.

I'm expecting about 20,000

Latest posts