What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

sellout at parra

eelsta

Bench
Yep the signs are a joke, i dont agree however its any colder at night than anywhere else!!!

pantherz9103

First Grade
I have a feeling Manly are going to get hammered after all the wanking and celebrating from last weeks present by the Panthers.

Eels by atleast 16

Hellsy

Immortal
There is no way this game has sold out :LOL: :LOL:

Where did you hear this info hitamn??

Hurriflatch

Referee
The coldest I've ever been at a ground is at Toyota Park last year (might have been 2004) gale force winds, 30 min waits in the beer queues, 2 hour drive home.

At least Parra won :lol:

Kurt Angle

First Grade
i) I've always found Penrith colder than Parramatta to watch a game.

ii) I've been a parra supporter since 1980.

Of all the Sydney teams, parra has the most support. When Parra is winning like in 2001 and last year, no team generates as much support. That said Parra is almost the most fickle and has the greatest % of support drop off when things go bad.

I blame this on fitzgerald because to be honest as a parra supporter, it has no soul. Dennis has sucked it out.

i tipped parra for this game, so hopefully the crowd lifts them..
i dont think its got anything to do with been a bandwagoner just because they have won 4 in a row, my neighbours for example are parra fans, and they didnt attend only because they were not doing well but they would still show their support and be behind their team by watching it on tv..

colonel_123

Juniors
ParraDude_Jay said:
Nothing to do with a bandwagon, Eels fans just tend to stay at home unless their team is playing well, they still follow them.

Tigers are the biggest bandwagon team in the comp.

Tigers average is up this year despite being 12th on the ladder.

They're averaging almost 19 000, 4th biggest in the league and the biggest in Sydney! There average is even better then the Bulldogs this season, traditionally the best supported team in Sydney and one of the two favourites to win the title.

Wests even managed to draw over 20 000 to a match against the Bulldogs and 19 000 to the Parramatta game despite having Marshall, their biggest drawcard out for the season.

tbone10

Juniors
pantherz9103 said:
I have a feeling Manly are going to get hammered after all the wanking and celebrating from last weeks present by the Panthers.

Eels by atleast 16

Well said Pantherz you dope. Still licking the wounds from being rundown again last week? It hurts not being in the top 8 doesn't it????

mickdo

Coach
colonel_123 said:
Tigers average is up this year despite being 12th on the ladder.

They're averaging almost 19 000, 4th biggest in the league and the biggest in Sydney! There average is even better then the Bulldogs this season, traditionally the best supported team in Sydney and one of the two favourites to win the title.

Wests even managed to draw over 20 000 to a match against the Bulldogs and 19 000 to the Parramatta game despite having Marshall, their biggest drawcard out for the season.
Oh please. They won the comp last year so they still would have had plenty of 'bandwagoners' on board early in the season to prop up any average :roll:

mickdo said:
Oh please. They won the comp last year so they still would have had plenty of 'bandwagoners' on board early in the season to prop up any average :roll:

Oh the hypocrisy!

Last year the Tigers were running outside the top eight for much of the year and our average was 19400. That's the largest home crowd average for a Sydney club since Parramatta in 1986.

Your club has had one mediocre year since 95'. Just for a minute empathise with fans of Balmain, Souths, Magpies etc who have endured years of supporting woeful sides. Its only natural that a little bit of success will precipitate an increase in our support, made up of new supporters (much like what happened to Parra when they finally became competitive) and the old fans who have jumped back on.

Now onto Parra. Excellent facilities, excellent side -great juniors + ability to attract expensive imports (we all remember the 9million dollar side of 96'!), continued success, yet as soon as you start to lose the crowds fall away. An average of 11k in 2003, 11k in 2004, 16k in 2005, 13k this year. Those statistics aren't terrible, although they hardly give you reason to deride any other group of supporters as 'bandwagoners'.

In 7 years of existence (4 of which were abysmal failures) the Tigers have averaged 13,090 for all home games. In the same time the Eels have averaged 13,900. Remember that the Eels have been Minor Premiers twice and finished in the top 8 a further two times.

Ok so we've debunked the Bradbury myth and now the bullsh*t bandwagon slur... what else Parra fans?

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Hellsy said:
There is no way this game has sold out :lol: :lol:

Where did you hear this info hitamn??

I saw it in the Daily Telegraph on the back page, yet I saw the middle section saying there were still plenty tickets left. :roll:

booeycollector

Juniors
Stranger said:
Its pathetic that after a poor start to one year after a great previous year your crowds are in the pitts till you win yes. And because you probably arent a fickle fan doesn't mean that parra don't have a huge bandwagon.

There are a few stadiums that need upgrading before Parra(not saying they dont need a bigger stadium).

BTW didn't they used to have a bigger capacity but they had to block the hills off because of fights and sh*t like that? **beat me to it**

What does Energy Australia hold?. I'm talking bodies as it would be twice as many heads.

StGeorge Illawara has a comparable set-up to the Tigers in terms of their allocation between different home grounds and whatsmore they have been established for a similar length of time.

Cumulative home Crowd averages:

StGeorge Illawara: 12, 900

Wests Tigers: 13, 090

Tigers have a win-loss percentage of 41% and StGeorge are at 53%.

Obviously our overall figure has been augmented by great attendances over the past two years, this year in partic as a result of last yr's premiership. On the other hand StGeorge have had constant success over the course of their existence. Both WIN & OKI had lower capacities until recently, although this would not have altered the crowds too drastically.

CrazyEel

Bench
TV Ted Ellery said:
Oh the hypocrisy!

Last year the Tigers were running outside the top eight for much of the year and our average was 19400. That's the largest home crowd average for a Sydney club since Parramatta in 1986.

Your club has had one mediocre year since 95'. Just for a minute empathise with fans of Balmain, Souths, Magpies etc who have endured years of supporting woeful sides. Its only natural that a little bit of success will precipitate an increase in our support, made up of new supporters (much like what happened to Parra when they finally became competitive) and the old fans who have jumped back on.

Now onto Parra. Excellent facilities, excellent side -great juniors + ability to attract expensive imports (we all remember the 9million dollar side of 96'!), continued success, yet as soon as you start to lose the crowds fall away. An average of 11k in 2003, 11k in 2004, 16k in 2005, 13k this year. Those statistics aren't terrible, although they hardly give you reason to deride any other group of supporters as 'bandwagoners'.

In 7 years of existence (4 of which were abysmal failures) the Tigers have averaged 13,090 for all home games. In the same time the Eels have averaged 13,900. Remember that the Eels have been Minor Premiers twice and finished in the top 8 a further two times.

Ok so we've debunked the Bradbury myth and now the bullsh*t bandwagon slur... what else Parra fans?
Tiges have pretty much always had a solid loyal support base even prior to their success of last year, you'll get no argument from me on that.

Bazal

Post Whore
Stranger said:
Yeah they win 4 games and they sell out...

4 weeks ago there was what? 10k?

Becomming one of the biggest bandwagon teams if not the biggest, in the comp.

Old news mate, we have been since at least 2001....Parramatta fans are notoriously fickle and always have been. All our years of underachieving have left a sour taste in some fans mouths, and our reversal of fortunes always draws many of these fans back. And then there is the large portion of rugby league fans who just support winning sides. 2001 it was Parramatta, 2002 it was the Roosters, 2003 it was Penrith (and the Roosters), 2004 it was the Roosters, 2005 it was Parra again...Rugby League has a history of "fairweather" fans following the victories or the glowing news stories, and at the moment Parramatta are on fire. Add to that the fact it is a game against Manly, probably our biggest rival, the fact we can possibly make the top 8 as huge underdogs and it was always going to go close to selling out. Personally I don't care how it happened, it is great news for Parramatta, Manly, and the game that the match has sold out...wish I could get there it's going to be a cracker.

Hellsy

Immortal
PARRA_FAN said:
I saw it in the Daily Telegraph on the back page, yet I saw the middle section saying there were still plenty tickets left. :roll:

Typical :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Perhaps it will get very full with walkup ticket buyers, but there is no way it is sold out already I just went on the Ticketek website and there are plenty of tix available

Nikki

Coach
Mate, we are in the top 5 of bandwagoner supporters and it sh*ts me. Once we start going good EVERYONE is a Parra Fan. Just in my street alone all these ppl reckon they support the Eels but never go to games. Yet the second we start losing they abuse the crap outta me coz apparently because I go to everygame I have a direct link with the players and the way they play. Ficklest bunch of fans..

But it was hysterical last year watchin the amount of Peter Wynns bags being carried around Church St Mall that contained BRAND NEW Tigers Jerseys :lol: :lol:

tbone10

Juniors
I don't know if anyone knows or cares but Brett Stewart is extremely doubtful as he hasn't fully recovered from his shoulder injury as a result of his diabetes.