What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SEMI FINAL. 4th v 5th Panthers v Roosters

Titanic

First Grade
2 timekeepers, 2 referees.... 2 tribes.

Good game guys, I for one enjoyed the reads.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I enjoyed the refs, and the PM i received regarding my article.

Many kind thanks to all those involved lol

*dons sunglasses*

It's great to see this big occasion played in great spirits by all members of both squads. It'll be difficult to see who goes through, but wonderfully played by all involved. Good luck all and good luck ref!

when should we be expecting results?

ill be on a plane tomorrow night and i am really pumped about who wins, and i just want to see some results before i go haha. ill be back on the forums on sunday so yeah. but good job everyone!

i cant pick a winner reading all of them, i dont know how the ref is going to do it!

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Patience is a virtue buddy.

Good things come to those who wait.

You don't want to rush the refs, they do a bloody good job, and they do it voluntarily.

The internet will always be here, it's not going anywhere. ;-)

very very true madunit. i am an impatient boy, in case you havent noticed.

i was just wondering when generally they are up, but it is the semis and we dont want to rush the poor old refs. so to the ref of this game, NO PRESSURE lol NO NEED TO RUSH ill just have to use the net on the plane to cheak it every now and again. oh the joys of buisness class hahahah and thanks in advanced for the results ;)

good luck everyone, may the best team face the warriors or titans

The Colonel

Immortal
Penrith Panthers

Big Mick - 86

A decent look at the ever growing possibility of an alcohol ban on advertising. A scary prospect.

madunit - 90

I'll disagree with one point from this article. No pumpkin coaches in the NRL? Plenty both now and in the past.

Azkatro - 92

Certainly well done to the colts and well done on the article. It is easy to get caught up in the NRL and forget about the game on the outside. A good reminder.

Leaguenut - 91

True story? Interesting nonetheless. A different slant on many articles.

broncos_warriors_storm - 86

A somewhat satirical look at the role of a rugby league star.

Total - 445

Defeated

Ozzie Roosters

adamkungl - 87

Another solid look at what was a diabolical season.

melon... - 93

Certainly has been something of a year to remember for Easts and given the passion for which you have for the red, white and blue I'm sure you have felt every bump along the road.

henriete - 88

Solid article weighing up the boredom that is the current Dally M award format.

Non-Terminator - 87

An interesting look back at a relative unknown in terms of the history of that era.

Fein - 88

Clocked at the pub and the time continues to tick slowly towards the end of his current coaching career. Certainly a 'Mad Sunday' to remember.

Total - 443

POTM - melon... Ozzie Roosters.

Well done to all involved. Was very much worthy of a semi-final match.

thanks ref, and well done to the roosters. last time we got you by 1, now we have you by 2 points. thanks for the fight, thanks to the ref! Roosters, go have a drink for us while we continue to play. lol have fun in the mad monday thread

AND GREAT WORK BOYS!

Ouch, so close yet so far. Congratulations Panthers and good luck for the remainder of the finals. We'll be back next year.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I love close games, it brings the best out of everyone.

Great article all through, and I reckon the ref was bang on with his scores.

melon and Azkatro had the greatest articles in this match imo, and the scores reflected that.

Thank you Mr Umpire for the prompt marking. Thanks roosters for another great match, ozzie would be bloody proud (his two former teams squaring off in a great battle)

LeagueNut

First Grade
Wow wow wow, what a match!

Cheers to Colonel for the marking, and thanks to the Roosters for a hard-fought clash. Best of luck for 2010. :)

The Panthers live to fight another week! \\\\:D/

Big Mick

Referee
To Henriette and the Roosters...it was an honour to play this game with you with both sides showing tremendous sportsmanship. I couldn't imagine being in this position with any other team. You are all quality individuals.

Thank you to colonel for the marking. I appreciate the quick turnaround and your work as a referee.

To my boys...thanks for the scramble and sticking with me this year despite me not being the best captain by any means. Your loyalty is something I cannot appreciate more. Its fantastic to be on the same field as you.

To Melon. Fantastic article, well done on a MOTM performance!

henrieté

Juniors
Big Mick it was good to be back with an incredible group of team mates and to catch up with you in the 7's arena.

Thanks for your support in this game, we knew it would be a ripper!

To the Ozzie Rooster Players... getting to know all of you the last few months has been fantastic. Josh, Adam, Pat, Em, Fein and Melon have all contributed to the clubhouse to make for some hilarious comment.

Most of you had never played the game before so it was an great result for a bunch of rookies. A big thanks to everyone who wrote an article for us this year.

NT you did a fantastic job as Captain.

Thanks also to the refs for a great season.

Cheers to Ozzie - a great bloke.

bartman

Immortal
Congratulations Panthers, commiserations Roosters - but Congratulations on a great comeback F7s season.

Jesbass

First Grade
Allow me to join the throngs congratulating the Panthers and offering commiserations to the Roosters.

Panthers, we'll see you again next round - I guess the Whizz-Alexander Cup must be back up for grabs! :cool:

Roosters, well done on a fantastic debut/return season. You gave plenty of us a run for our money - I'm sure you'll be in the reckoning again in 2010! :thumn