What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Semi Final week 2 Vs Brisbane

hindy111

Post Whore
I hope the Panthers can win but I just dont see where points will come from.
There just isnt much there in attack. Unless forwards completely dominated and Brisbane have an off game and get some luck.
To win i reckon need to keep them under 10 points amd score off a few bombs or cartwright has a blinder.
Good luck.

tripster

Juniors
Yeah I really doubt he has been left out because of a scheduling conflict. It would seem more likely to do with the doctor or whoever he is seeing hasn't cleared him IMO. Either that or they don't want to disrupt a winning team.

I think that must be right. No way it has anything to do with schedule of the Counsellor.

TheEroticGamer

Juniors
I hope the Panthers can win but I just dont see where points will come from.
There just isnt much there in attack. Unless forwards completely dominated and Brisbane have an off game and get some luck.
To win i reckon need to keep them under 10 points amd score off a few bombs or cartwright has a blinder.
Good luck.
Manly's defence, on Saturday at least, is better than Brisbane's.

Their defence around the middle is shotty with Hunt having to play there, so I do see Tamou and Merrin's footwork causing major issues.

Sime_11

Juniors
team needs to remember we are guarenteed to be on the wrong side of the refs this week, bronco's at home and all the "controversy" that went our way on Saturday guarentees we will be pinged for anything.

i really hope we go in no pressure and just have a good crack throwing the ball around. oh and if we can be up 24-0 in the first half like Parra did a month ago, that would be mint as well :p

considering our position earlier this year (2 & 7), this year is a tick and anything more is a bonus. hopefully the opposition and the media keep writing us off, put the pressure on the opposition.

Go Panthers!

TheEroticGamer

Juniors
Having our season ended because of correct decisions the prior week is such a horrifying, yet very possible and seemingly the most fitting way for our season to end.

Todd Hoffman

Juniors
Yeah I really doubt he has been left out because of a scheduling conflict. It would seem more likely to do with the doctor or whoever he is seeing hasn't cleared him IMO.

Read in the paper yesterday both sides had agreed for him to have 2 sessions at the very least before they start talking about him coming back.

Someone in my family has had battles with mental demons and I can say most of the time the 1st appointment, the Dr's will just talk about your problems and then come up with a plan to get you back on track.
Not knowing Moylan's precise condition. I would assume he has at the very least, some exercises like CBT therapy, to try out for a week and the next appointment would be to asses how he is going with it.
Everyone is different and everyone takes different times to get over their battles.

Best of luck on Friday.

betcats

Referee
Read in the paper yesterday both sides had agreed for him to have 2 sessions at the very least before they start talking about him coming back.

Someone in my family has had battles with mental demons and I can say most of the time the 1st appointment, the Dr's will just talk about your problems and then come up with a plan to get you back on track.
Not knowing Moylan's precise condition. I would assume he has at the very least, some exercises like CBT therapy, to try out for a week and the next appointment would be to asses how he is going with it.
Everyone is different and everyone takes different times to get over their battles.

Best of luck on Friday.

Classy post mate, cheers.

TheFrog

Coach
team needs to remember we are guarenteed to be on the wrong side of the refs this week, bronco's at home and all the "controversy" that went our way on Saturday guarentees we will be pinged for anything.

I don't know about this. I think the refs will be extremely careful in this weekend's games to give an even-handed performance. Our club will not complain no matter what they cop but the media will if the Broncos are the benefdiciaries of another stitch up.

Blues Riff

Bench
Whatever happens, I'm sure the coach will cop it on the chin and so should we.
On the Moylan situation, I doubt any health professional would expose their patient/client to what he would cop at Suncorp. He won't play, nor should he. Let him assist in the team's preparation on the night, but 50k rabid yokels trying to get inside his head? I think not.

TheEroticGamer

Juniors
Honestly, if they haven't reported on a single instance we've been dudded on so far this season, they never will.

It'd be interesting to see if they contradict that with an anti-Brisbane refs piece IF we were to be dudded on Friday, but the sports media, headed by Buzz Rothfield, will never show common sense.Especially for a club that has Phil Gould in it.

forby

Juniors
Best selection news for the weekend - no Cummins or Badger for Brisbane!

Will be working in Alicante, Spain when the game is on. Hopefully the client won't mind if I keep checking the scores! Lunch time kick off over here!
Hopefully I will have a good replay to watch when I get back to the hotel!

TheFrog

Coach
This side hasn't been flashy this year, certainly not like last year at the business end, but I'd say ever since the Warriors game in NZ they've had a steel about them, a will to win. I've only ever noticed it in games we HAD to win, the seven in a row were all must win games. The St George game they competed well but seemed not prepared to do that extra bit and made far too many errors, and the first Manly game was appalling until we were faced with missing the finals, at which time they woke up. I suspect if the Dragons-Dogs game had already been played, the score may have been a lot worse. This is a team that produces its best when standing on the edge of a cliff.

I'm hopeful having come this far, and with last year's finals experience on board, that they will take this attitude to Brisbane. If they display the tenacity and refusal to accept defeat they've shown over the last two months in must win games, the Broncos will have to be at their absolute best to get us, and we haven't seen that in a long while now.

OldPanther

Coach
This side hasn't been flashy this year, certainly not like last year at the business end, but I'd say ever since the Warriors game in NZ they've had a steel about them, a will to win. I've only ever noticed it in games we HAD to win, the seven in a row were all must win games. The St George game they competed well but seemed not prepared to do that extra bit and made far too many errors, and the first Manly game was appalling until we were faced with missing the finals, at which time they woke up. I suspect if the Dragons-Dogs game had already been played, the score may have been a lot worse. This is a team that produces its best when standing on the edge of a cliff.

I'm hopeful having come this far, and with last year's finals experience on board, that they will take this attitude to Brisbane. If they display the tenacity and refusal to accept defeat they've shown over the last two months in must win games, the Broncos will have to be at their absolute best to get us, and we haven't seen that in a long while now.

Very good analysis.

OldPanther

Coach
Panthers coach Anthony Griffin has reduced his squad to face Brisbane Broncos in a Semi Final at Suncorp Stadium on Friday. Jed Cartwright and Sitaleki Akauola have been omitted and will play for the Panthers ISP side in Sunday's Preliminary Final.

The Panthers will wear the 2017 Away Jersey.

Panthers v Broncos
7.55pm Friday @ Suncorp Stadium

1. Dylan EDWARDS
2. Josh MANSOUR
3. Tyrone PEACHEY
4. Dean WHARE
5. Dallin WATENE-ZELEZNIAK
6. Tyrone MAY
7. Nathan CLEARY
8. James TAMOU
9. Peter WALLACE (c)
10. Reagan CAMPBELL-GILLARD
11. Corey HARAWIRA-NAERA
12. Isaah YEO
13. Trent MERRIN

14. Sione KATOA
15. Bryce CARTWRIGHT
16. Moses LEOTA
17. James FISHER-HARRIS
18. Jarome LUAI
19. Viliame KIKAU

Doomednow

Bench
Best selection news for the weekend - no Cummins or Badger for Brisbane!

Will be working in Alicante, Spain when the game is on. Hopefully the client won't mind if I keep checking the scores! Lunch time kick off over here!
Hopefully I will have a good replay to watch when I get back to the hotel!

Hey mate. I'm just down the coast from Alicante. Your best bet for watching the game delayed is rugbypass.com. You'll normally have to pay for it but since there are no broadcast rights sold to any channel in Spain rugby pass is free and legal inside the country.

forby

Juniors
Hey mate. I'm just down the coast from Alicante. Your best bet for watching the game delayed is rugbypass.com. You'll normally have to pay for it but since there are no broadcast rights sold to any channel in Spain rugby pass is free and legal inside the country.
Thanks, I have it as I use it in Asia. I used it in Milan last weekend. I just hope my client doesn't mind.
Shame it doesn't have Super League anymore!