What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Senior players

Juniors
The question we need to ask is Who are the senior players according to SK.......

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
if you are going to seriously claim that Justin Poore is worse than Roberts, Lasalo, Morgan, McGuire and a few others then I prey for your poor, deluded soul :roll:

on last night's 'form' Poore should be starting with Allgood....yep - Mannah probably needs a wake up call and a few games on the bench. Poore at least ran the ball strongly

Mannah:
38 minutes
11 runs
94 metres
34 tackles

Poore:
35 minutes
6 runs
40 metres
25 tackles

Do you even watch the games?

eels81236

Bench
Kearney may have some good qualities as a coach, but it's becoming more and more obvious he's not the right coach for us at this particular time. It's a big leap going from assistant coach at a club that's been consistently winning all the time he was there, to becoming head coach of a team that's struggling and needs that to be turned around.

That's not the dumbest thing you've ever said.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I think it's a load of crap. The only two senior players left are Burt and Hindy, really.

You're forgetting Moimoi, Hayne and Ben Smith - all been at the club since before 2006, and only Hayne is still contracted past this year.

Then there's Poore and Shackleton who are both also off contract and both in the senior player category (older rep players who are in their third year at the club).

I understand some of these guys are injured or playing reserve grade but the damage to the group's attitude is being done before they even make it onto the field - it's a cultural issue.

Any or all of these blokes could be the problem, even if it's just by not being part of the solution.

The club definitely has shit leadership, and I agree it's the coach's job to solve that, but that could be a problem that won't be solved until the end of the year.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It's not that they are beyond criticism at all. Burt hasn't been playing well and Hindy is certainly not the player he was. But who exactly has been playing well?

It's not about how they're playing; it's about their ability to lead. It seems to be f**king nonexistent when it doesn't suit them.

its weird though if there were some players being tapped on the shoulder to move on next year shouldnt they be busting their guts every week trying to attract some interest from other clubs? how would digging your heels in and playing like shit every week land you another contract?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
maybe some of the team have to go. I read in a thread about Willie mason & how he has an attitude, gets some of the guys on side with him, undermines the coach & causes enough trouble the team can implode....do you think that could be happening here at the Eels? not taliking trouble-maker, bad role model stuff like Mason is said to be but the manipulation/mind game stuff because there's some other issue - like not wanting to be told what to do & how to play by a rookie coach? When its always been done different & the other (and perhaps easier) way is preferred?
I don't have the answer but something is deeply wrong imo with the players. Kearney is known to be a nice guy - should possibly play the 'bad cop' a bit more maybe, but surely that can't be the reason the team is not performing? The Melbourne boys had/have plenty of respect for him so if the Eels team haven't it can't be because he's too nice a guy ffs. How childish if it is. Do coaches have to be b******ds?
You want a coach who motivates & inspires - very hard to do if someone (or plural) pulls down what you are trying to build up all the time. It may be that kearneys niche is good cop to someones bad cop but ffs (again) I think some people might need to grow up, accept their lot & earn their pay. or alternatively (and the better choice) FO & let the guy get on with his job.

Good post mate.

I don't reckon any of the players would be deliberately trying to undermine the team but if senior players have been told this is their last year they could get disgruntled and start undermining the coach behind his back - resentment and snide mutterings here and there. Jealousy of the guys who are being retained and prepared for leadership roles in the future.

Nothing would shatter the confidence of the young blokes quicker than having to spend their days surrounded by that kind of thing. And one of our senior players has always come across as a bit of a sook, even if he was the best forward in the world for 3 or 4 years.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Kearney may have some good qualities as a coach, but it's becoming more and more obvious he's not the right coach for us at this particular time.

Well who f**king is mate? None of the previous coaches were right for us either once they started trying to make changes at the club.

Just a coincidence though, right?

Juniors
SK needs to assert his authority for the good of the club and if it means dropping Hindy due to disent etc then so be it...I am still sticking with SK for now, i mean we have had 2 coaches who couldnt fix our problems.

Maybe it isnt the coach and it is some of the senior players..

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
SK needs to assert his authority for the good of the club and if it means dropping Hindy due to disent etc then so be it...I am still sticking with SK for now, i mean we have had 2 coaches who couldnt fix our problems.

Maybe it isnt the coach and it is some of the senior players..

Nah we were f**king awesome before Kearney turned up.

stuke

Bench
Maybe some of these 'older' players are blowing up due to the crap that the younger guys are delivering and seemingly continue to be able to serve up and get chosen week in, week out.

How do you think Hindy would be feeling packing into a scrum next to Lasalo each week?

Eels Dude

Coach
Maybe some of these 'older' players are blowing up due to the crap that the younger guys are delivering and seemingly continue to be able to serve up and get chosen week in, week out.

How do you think Hindy would be feeling packing into a scrum next to Lasalo each week?

That's a good point. There's been rumours before of the senior players and younger players don't exactly get on that well. But to me at least it looks like the senior players are the ones going out and having a dig every week. It's the younger players that don't have the right attitude and effort level required to play in the NRL.

SDM

First Grade
Hindmarsh has been a grumpy old merkin since 2007 when he used to whinge about Hayne, Inu and Mateo taking too many risks publicly after games. He created the divide.

guruminga

Juniors
Hindmarsh has been a grumpy old merkin since 2007 when he used to whinge about Hayne, Inu and Mateo taking too many risks publicly after games. He created the divide.

I've seen a few times when they ask Hindy the footy show question of who's the most annoying team mate, each time he says Hayne.

G

Eels Dude

Coach

He may well have been correct though. Last year he made comments when doing sideline commentary for a game how with Inu you never knew which player was going to turn up each week when he was at Parra and with Mateo him offloading at the wrong time cost the Warriors the previous week's game. You can understand why he'd be frustrated if he doesn't think they are team players or are putting in every week.

Latest posts