What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SFS to get Light Rail

Frailty

First Grade
People are screaming out for the light rail to be installed and when it gets proposed, you all get on your high horse and bag it. FFS not everyone wants to walk up the hill from central to the SFS. What about the elderly? the families? What if it is raining? The light rail will be used more than just for the football stadium, it will be for the uni and prince of wales hospital and residents and businesses inbetween.

For arguments sake each tram has a capacity of 217 passengers, of which 74 are seated. With 1 tram every 5 minutes it beats the hell out of a bus.

Already plenty of buses running.

I would prefer to see transportation infrastructure funds to be used in areas where it is NEEDED. This is not needed.

Panfas

Juniors
Also distance to other stadia:

Carlton Station to Kogarah Oval via Jubilee Ave - 650m, 8min

Woolooware Station - Toyota Park via Woolooware Rd - 1.3km, 16min

Woolongong Station - Win Stadium via Burelli St - 1.3km, 16min

adamkungl

Immortal
A constant stream of express buses already run to UNSW, as well as the 393 and 395.

A light rail would help ease congestion in the mornings and afternoons for uni students, it would NOT make it any easier to get to the footy.

What WOULD help is including the price of the Central->SFS bus in match tickets, and actually advertising the thing, because apparently most of LU is oblivious to its existence.

Panfas

Juniors
Already plenty of buses running.

I would prefer to see transportation infrastructure funds to be used in areas where it is NEEDED. This is not needed.
Light rail has approx 4x the capacity of buses, along with more frequent running times and possible off-the-road transport options. Light rail is clearly a win for Sydney

Frailty

First Grade
More frequent? There are express buses to UNSW (whom you claim would benefit from this) in addition to two regular bus routes.

The point of my argument is that transport infrastructure funds should be used in areas where it is NEEDED because there are no regular and reliable services in the area rather than in an area that it not in need of a light rail system.

Given the cost it will take to build it - I'd rather the little money NSW has is spent in areas needing it!

They should put a lightrail between Parra station and Parra stadium... and between Penrith station and Penrith stadium. Both are just as long a walk as it is from Central to the SFS. F**k Easts fans must be really lazy buggers if this'll increase their crowds.

What's it got to do with the fans you deadshit?

Ozzy

First Grade
Bull s**t

Central Station (Elizabeth St) to SFS via Foveaux St - 1.7km, 23mins (up hill also)

Penrith Station to Penrith Stadium via Station St - 1.3km, 17mins

Parramatta Station (Darcy St) to Parramatta Stadium via Church St - 1.3km, 17mins
Take the 380 from Cental.

Ozzy

First Grade
More frequent? There are express buses to UNSW (whom you claim would benefit from this) in addition to two regular bus routes.

The point of my argument is that transport infrastructure funds should be used in areas where it is NEEDED because there are no regular and reliable services in the area rather than in an area that it not in need of a light rail system.

Given the cost it will take to build it - I'd rather the little money NSW has is spent in areas needing it!
+1

counterpuncher

Juniors
There are constant buses DIRECTLY to the SFS on Game Day from Central. You never have to wait more than 5 mins

Trouble is TO Central, no worries getting people there in dribs and drabs before the game, it's when thousands leave the ground at the same time and there are barely 20 buses waiting to do the loop. That's something a tram isn't really going to sort either, they will still need the buses, MORE of them.

Latest posts