What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SFS to get Light Rail

simmo1

First Grade
Its like a 20minute walk (45min for EA), and heaps of buses for the fat f**ks. Is it really needed?

If this light rail is as slow as the line to lilyfield they shouldn't waste their time with it.

Seriously , has anyone ever caught the lilyfield line?! It's slower than peak hour.

M2D2

Bench
Id like in terms of getting the game. but after the game i usually walk and get a drink somewhere.

Efresh

Coach
Did anyone actually read the link?

He wants light rail to UNSW and Sydney Uni by 2015. Central to UNSW will presumably stop at Moore Park and Randwick Racecourse. Uni students and racegoers will pay for the thing within the first 2 years. The footy stadium is just a sideshow here.

bottle

Coach
Read the link? Read the link? Why let the facts get in the way of a good rant.
Read the link...pffft.

BDGS

Bench
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/sydney-nsw/premier-barry-ofarrell-promises-light-rail-revolution/story-e6freuzi-1226091040649

I really hope this goes ahead. SFS is truly the best stadium in Sydney for watching football. This link from Central to the Moore Park sportslands would provide an excellent transport solution for the public.

Fantastic news, rugby league is a family sport, families with kids can't walk 15 mins at once especially those with young kids. Hopefully it'll boost crowd attendances as well.

aarondoyle

Juniors
Not 100% on the location, only been there once but I suppose it'll also help SCG (Swans) crowds too?

seaeagle sam

So long as there is a stop at Surry Hills for the pre-game/post-game booze up!

Walking is good for a pub crawl though, starting at the KB Hotel.

Great memories! I used to live in Riley St, near the corner of foveaux (no, not A Touch of Class) and used the KB as my local. Great little, stinky pub. Walking up foveaux st was always a prob though.

Anyways, back on topic, light rail to SFS from Central?????? Big fat waste of money. Taxi, bus or walk. f**k it's less than 20 min on foot.

Moffo

Referee
If this light rail is as slow as the line to lilyfield they shouldn't waste their time with it.

Seriously , has anyone ever caught the lilyfield line?! It's slower than peak hour.

Bollocks it's not that bad. 8 minutes from pyrmont to glebe, lilyfield isn't much further

As an aside, a light rail would be lucky to hold 100 people in it. How will that work with big footy crowds?