What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SGI Squad

Walpole

Juniors
Hayne too fullback, Oates will stay at the Broncos for another season and move with Bennett at the end of 2019. We don't have a spot for Norman. I hope we keep Mann however, if we don't our two new wingers had better stand up and perform. My preferred back 5 would be:

1. Hayne
2. New winger
3. Lomax
4. Lafai
5. New winger

With Hayne, Lomax and the two new wingers we should have plenty in attack in 2019. With Hayne, Lafai and Lomax in defence hopefully our defence will improve on 2018.

To complete our 2019 squad I'd like to see us recruit an experienced first grade prop who is far superior to Latimore:

Vaughan
Graham
K Sims
New experienced first grade prop

ISP
Laurie
Kerr
Latimore

Prop rotation looking good. Maybe with this line up in 2019, there will be less chance of fatigue amongst our props.
As good as he is, no way is New winger good enough to play both sides of the field. Personally i don't think he's even as good as Noone.

Eastview

Juniors
St George Illawarra Dragons 2019 Squad: Ben Hunt, Jeremy Latimore, Paul Vaughan, Blake Lawrie, Jonus Pearson, Reece Robson, Cameron McInnes, Jordan Pereira, Steven Marsters, Darren Nicholls, Josh Kerr, Tariq Sims, Euan Aitken, Korbin Sims, Tim Lafai, Gareth Widdop, Kurt Mann, Tristan Sailor, Jack de Belin, Lachlan Timm, Tyson Frizell, Jacob Host, Luciano Leilua, Zac Lomax, Jai Field, Matt Dufty, James Graham, Mikaele Ravalawa

Walpole

Juniors
St George Illawarra Dragons 2019 Squad: Ben Hunt, Jeremy Latimore, Paul Vaughan, Blake Lawrie, Jonus Pearson, Reece Robson, Cameron McInnes, Jordan Pereira, Steven Marsters, Darren Nicholls, Josh Kerr, Tariq Sims, Euan Aitken, Korbin Sims, Tim Lafai, Gareth Widdop, Kurt Mann, Tristan Sailor, Jack de Belin, Lachlan Timm, Tyson Frizell, Jacob Host, Luciano Leilua, Zac Lomax, Jai Field, Matt Dufty, James Graham, Mikaele Ravalawa
Gotta hate a list that only includes blokes who actually play for us.

possm

Coach
Hang on, Millward sent Dugan on his way, so he’s doing a ripper of a great job.

He offered Dugan 700k to stay but Dugan knocked him back and took 700k to play at the Sharks. I think is more of a reflection on Dugan than Millward. If Dugan would have accepted Millward's offer we would still be stuck with him.

The problem with this deal is that Millward should have recruited a top level fullback such as Tedesco or one of the others available at the time rather than promote Dufty before his time.

Last edited:

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
He offered Dugan 700k to stay but Hayne knocked him back and took 700k to play at the Sharks. I think is more of a reflection on Dugan than Millward. If Dugan would have accepted Millward's offer we would still be stuck with him.

The problem with this deal is that Millward should have recruited a top level fullback such as Tedesco or one of the others available at the time rather than promote Dufty before his time.

I think it’s fair to say Millward and co. were seduced by Dufty’s debut against a very ordinary side in Manly.

Drakon

Juniors
He offered Dugan 700k to stay but Hayne knocked him back and took 700k to play at the Sharks. I think is more of a reflection on Dugan than Millward. If Dugan would have accepted Millward's offer we would still be stuck with him.

I think you'll fid it's Mary who picks the team each week and not Millward so it was Mary's call to finally promote Dufty. Hate Millward for the right (or other wrong) reasons.

Old Timer

Coach
I think you'll fid it's Mary who picks the team each week and not Millward so it was Mary's call to finally promote Dufty. Hate Millward for the right (or other wrong) reasons.
Millward is responsible for the tools Mc Fookknuckle has to work with so if not Dufty then who else was it going to be especially when Milward was pushing the Field barrow?
Millward has sole responsibility re recruiting / maintaining the roster.

getsmarty

Immortal
He offered Dugan 700k to stay but Dugan knocked him back and took 700k to play at the Sharks. I think is more of a reflection on Dugan than Millward. If Dugan would have accepted Millward's offer we would still be stuck with him.

Correct re Dugan

Dreaming if you think we could match Roosters offer to Tedesco....never going to happen..No TPA's for starters...not Millward's fault.

possm

Coach
Hang on, Millward sent Dugan on his way, so he’s doing a ripper of a great job.

Not really, Dugan told Millward to jam it and signed with the Sharks for the same amount to play in the same position on the field.

But it doesn't end there, now Millward is about to send Dufty on his way and hire Hayne to play fullback in his place.

Frank Facer

First Grade
I fully expect T Sims and Frizell to be our starting second rowers next year, but I am warming to the idea of having Lucky there and moving Frizell to the middle. Lucky's form over the last 7 weeks or so, was one of our few positives during that period. I see so much potential in Lucky. If given the opportunity, he could have a breakout season. I think he has the potential to be the best forward in the pack and we currently have a great pack.

What to do with Frizell? We could start with Frizell and Vaughan as our props and have Graham, Sims and Lawrie all on the bench. We could keep Vaughan and Graham as our starting props and bring Frizell on to replace Debelin mid game, thus having Frizell playing lock, which I think is his natural position.

After further thought, I think I would keep Lucky on the bench and bring him on to replace DeBelin. I think Lucky's future may lie at prop or lock, due to his physique. My only concern would be, having Lucky, Sims and Lawrie all on the field at once in the middle. Would that be good enough?

I think it will take an injury to one of Frizell, DeBelin or Sims for Lucky to get a chance to start at second row.

Crush

Coach
Not really, Dugan told Millward to jam it and signed with the Sharks for the same amount to play in the same position on the field.

But it doesn't end there, now Millward is about to send Dufty on his way and hire Hayne to play fullback in his place.
Thats exactly what you have been calling for! You have said we should release Dufty and sign someone like Hayne to play fullback. A more "complete" player.
If Millward does that (and I pray he doesn't move dufty on) then Possm you get your wish and be careful what you wish for.

possm

Coach
Thats exactly what you have been calling for! You have said we should release Dufty and sign someone like Hayne to play fullback. A more "complete" player.
If Millward does that (and I pray he doesn't move dufty on) then Possm you get your wish and be careful what you wish for.

Crush, I'm not counting my chickens just yet, remember it's not over till it's over. Don't worry about Dufty, we'll get him back after a good coach teaches him a few tricks that are beyond Mary's grasp.

Crush

Coach
Crush, I'm not counting my chickens just yet, remember it's not over till it's over. Don't worry about Dufty, we'll get him back after a good coach teaches him a few tricks that are beyond Mary's grasp.
Dufty needs time. He needs experience. He isn't far off being a top line fullback. Yet you and many others say cut him loose. He's not ready. He cant tackle. He can't catch.
Before him it was Dugan and they said cut him loose. He can't pass, cant run the length, hes slow.
Its only a matter of time before the forum turns on your hero Lomax BTW. You know the guy that has played 3 first grade games yet some are calling him the next immortal. It will happen. He'll get a grace period but the thread will start before too long "slowmax".
Summary- wanting to let Dufty go, our most exciting, fastest young attacking player in years is MAAAAAAADNESSSSS!

dragonssamy61

First Grade
I wanna keep Lawrie, T Sims and Sailor. Dunno much about Lovodua? Add Marsters to that list. Looks a good prospect. Another Kiwi we have nurtured.

Mate agree with you but lovodua is a hooker utility.
He played for Figi in the world cup.
He is closer to nrl than sailor at the moment.
Sailor has unlimited talent but lacks size .He has a long way to go. But a good off season and full training may help.

FlameThrower

Bench
At least we do have some options and depending on Hayne signing or Dufty / Mann leaving with possible knock on effects with Aitken or Lafai it’s all up in the air. One signing may trigger forced changes and 2019 squad may look very different. For me I’d like to retain Dufty and Mann. Aitken might be in trouble as I don’t see him as a super sub. Lomax should get a run but not sure it should be straight away - off season and trials should guide that decision.