What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SHAME EMBARRASSING HOPELESS.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Someone posted this already, but it's worth repeating, "have the players spoken given tonight's performance"?
I cannot see any other explanation for what was put out there tonight.
Origin players tired? nah, cannot accept that, as a coach you make the hard calls as did a few other coaches this round.
Injuries? nah, every team has or had significant injuries this year.
Off-field distractions? nah, again we are not the only one's to have this.

It's a simple equation and the common denominator is McGregor.

Old Timer

Coach
Today I took my beloved grandson on a 320 km round journey to watch the game at Winn
The seats were $55 each no discount for jnr and the food as expensive as hell but as I love him dearly no problem however the fact he said “come on Popps I have had enough” with 10 minutes to go actually shattered me.
This is a kid who loves his footy, living and breathing it every day of the season including a call to Popps every single day sometimes 2 just to talk footy and all things Dragons.
These pricks at the club are now robbing my grandson of the ability to stay with pride and watch his team play footy.
When we walked out he said “I don’t think I’ll bother going again this season”.
The 160km drive home was pretty quiet and little footy discussed as nothing worthwhile could be said
When a kid knows how bad and gutless it is and doesn’t want him or his Popps to be disappointed anymore you know things are worse than bad they are rank
So well done to the morons running the joint you have now robbed me of the “footy times” I had to share with my grandson.
A pox on all of those responsible.

denis preston

First Grade
This was a great result. In fact i was shitty that Dufty scored at the end and Canberra missed so many goal attempts. The ONLY way we get a new coaching set up is to get shafted each week. Every bad loss takes away any excuse this rabble has to retain their jobs. 5 current SOO players and 2 internationals,. isn't it bleeding obvious where the problem is ??? We need the media to "suggest this " and once the board thinks their position is in question they know that they must do something to appear like they know what they are doing and that will be Mary's job. More pressure in regard to the clubs nepotism will hopefully ensure that the club will appoint from outside.

Ironically any coaching potentials will see our roster and see that you don't have to be too much a hero to improve on what shit we are in now.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Yes OT know exactly where your coming from.....drove down from QLD to Win with my wife and sister in law a few weeks back to watch our debacle against The Sharks...it wasnt just the pain that it cost me $171 for the tickets, but to see the pain on all the Dragons supporters faces was depressing. .....and after the game I said that'll do me I will never put my money thru the turnstyles again whilst this imposter of a coach and these clowns are running tnis once mighty club...as I posted on here earlier this evening I didnt even watch the game today but chose to watch a movie on tv instead...and as as much as it kills me thats the way it will remain untill those in charge are gone

nontime111

Juniors
It takes a real man to admit you are wrong, I call out Brian Johnston & his Board mates to come out & admit they were wrong to reappoint Paul McGregor. He is not going to resign so he must be judged on performance & based on the side he has available even taking into account injuries they have & continue to underachieve. Simply McGregor cannot get the best out of this side so the Board must have some balls & as sack this underachieving coach NOW !
yes SACKED Monday morning

getsmarty

Immortal
Today I took my beloved grandson on a 320 km round journey to watch the game at Winn
The seats were $55 each no discount for jnr and the food as expensive as hell but as I love him dearly no problem however the fact he said “come on Popps I have had enough” with 10 minutes to go actually shattered me.
This is a kid who loves his footy, living and breathing it every day of the season including a call to Popps every single day sometimes 2 just to talk footy and all things Dragons.
These pricks at the club are now robbing my grandson of the ability to stay with pride and watch his team play footy.
The 160km drive home was pretty quiet and little footy discussed as nothing worthwhile could be said
When a kid knows how bad and gutless it is and doesn’t want him or his Popps to be disappointed anymore you know things are worse than bad they are rank
So well done to the morons running the joint you have now robbed me of the “footy times” I had to share with my grandson.

Write in to the club....if they have any sort of Heart this may affect them....So sorry to hear this Old Timer.

getsmarty

Immortal
Yes OT know exactly where your coming from.....drove down from QLD to Win with my wife and sister in law a few weeks back to watch our debacle against The Sharks...it wasnt just the pain that it cost me $171 for the tickets, but to see the pain on all the Dragons supporters faces was depressing. .....and after the game I said that'll do me I will never put my money thru the turnstyles again whilst this imposter of a coach and these clowns are running tnis once mighty club...as I posted on here earlier this evening I didnt even watch the game today but chose to watch a movie on tv instead...and as as much as it kills me thats the way it will remain untill those in charge are gone

Write to the club and tell them this is why you will not attend another game. Sorry to hear your story and Old timers.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
What is all the fuss and panic about. in the words opf the great Mary at his press conference we only need to win 6 out of 8 with a - 78 odd deficit.
He even went a step further fans..wait for it..........he believes and he said we can win the comp from here

For that reason alone, McGregor must be sacked. He is totally delusional.

For any coach to make such a comment is an insult to the fans and the club.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade

Well said, BSE's.
I too had decided not to watch the game but relented and turned it on at halftime, only to see we were getting smacked 16 nil at home.

When it blew out to 26 nil, l was hoping they put 50 on us.

I was so peeved off when we scored and scored again, l was actually giving Canberra a verbal bashing for allowing us back into the game.

Of course, natural progression prevailed and Canberra scored again.

Its really sad when we die hards are forced to wish our team to lose, just so we can hope the coach gets sacked.

It shouldn't have to come to that.
Someone at the club is not doing their job. The reason is that its a Boys Club.

There lies the problem.

Well said, BSE's.
I too had decided not to watch the game but relented and turned it on at halftime, only to see we were getting smacked 16 nil at home.

When it blew out to 26 nil, l was hoping they put 50 on us.

I was so peeved off when we scored and scored again, l was actually giving Canberra a verbal bashing for allowing us back into the game.

Of course, natural progression prevailed and Canberra scored again.

Its really sad when we die hards are forced to wish our team to lose, just so we can hope the coach gets sacked.

It shouldn't have to come to that.
Someone at the club is not doing their job. The reason is that its a Boys Club.

There lies the problem.
Pathetic has been used before on this thread, but that is what it was. They may as well play in the ladies competition but I guess they would have a hard time winning there. No passion or resolve in this team, very disappointing. Wooden spoon is awaiting but they don't even deserve that.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
This team is bereft of:
1. Self Belief
2. A Playing Plan
3. A backline 1-5
4. A team leader (not Mciness)
5. A Coach
6. A CEO w a voice
7. A board w vision
8. 3rd Party revenue
In other words we are f**kED!
This team needs a total overhaul save for 6-8 players.

100% we need a new coach and I’m certain Trent Barrett will be appointed by seasons end (Griffin an outside chance) no other excuses by the board as they will need to do something to ensure memberships are maintained at current levels and give some confidence to the supporters.

I think recruiting has to be overhauled so Millward should also go..

This team is a disgrace ..

All of the above needs to happen, but it won't. They're more likely to do the following - find a scapegoat (probably drop McInnes and Dufty for making the rest of the team look bad), get Mary some more help (promote Young and Hornby), and praise all board members for the swift action they took.

I know it’s sounds stupid but me and my dad always used to go to Wollongong but each game this year we both made excuses not to go ...
Oh the the weather is bad,oh I’m tired from work, oh the mrs wants to spend time together...
Mind you in the past nothing would of stopped us but now it’s just depressing to think about how bad the dragons are...

Latest posts