What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SHAME EMBARRASSING HOPELESS.

When it blew out to 26 nil, l was hoping they put 50 on us.

I was so peeved off when we scored and scored again, l was actually giving Canberra a verbal bashing for allowing us back into the game.

I've had these feelings for six years. SIX LONG YEARS!

The Board's expressed desire to succeed, to genuinely compete for premierships, is a self-serving mirage. Disgraceful.

Straight Shooter

hermidale1

Juniors
All of the above needs to happen, but it won't. They're more likely to do the following - find a scapegoat (probably drop McInnes and Dufty for making the rest of the team look bad), get Mary some more help (promote Young and Hornby), and praise all board members for the swift action they took.
Actually you are pretty close to the mark.
Players will be blamed who are not the problem and they will most likely be the ones dropped or shown the door. Some of our stars who are not performing will be given their 5th or 6thh chance and we will go on losing.
The common denominator is the coach.
I'm tipping the players who move on at the end of the season will perform well at a new club. But nothing will change here. Including the coach.

Today I took my beloved grandson on a 320 km round journey to watch the game at Winn
The seats were $55 each no discount for jnr and the food as expensive as hell but as I love him dearly no problem however the fact he said “come on Popps I have had enough” with 10 minutes to go actually shattered me.
This is a kid who loves his footy, living and breathing it every day of the season including a call to Popps every single day sometimes 2 just to talk footy and all things Dragons.
These pricks at the club are now robbing my grandson of the ability to stay with pride and watch his team play footy.
When we walked out he said “I don’t think I’ll bother going again this season”.
The 160km drive home was pretty quiet and little footy discussed as nothing worthwhile could be said
When a kid knows how bad and gutless it is and doesn’t want him or his Popps to be disappointed anymore you know things are worse than bad they are rank
So well done to the morons running the joint you have now robbed me of the “footy times” I had to share with my grandson.
A pox on all of those responsible.

Old Timer, this post needs to be sent in to the papers. Rothfield, Kent, Hooper, everyone of them.
This post is the exact reason we need the change.
Our Sh!t performances during most of this decade are turning young Dragons supporters away from the game or even worse they will support another team.
We are the Mighty Saints, The St George Illawarra Dragons. One of the most recognised and successful footy teams on Earth.
We are now only recognised as being mediocre, very sad.

jeffdragon

Bench
Today I took my beloved grandson on a 320 km round journey to watch the game at Winn
The seats were $55 each no discount for jnr and the food as expensive as hell but as I love him dearly no problem however the fact he said “come on Popps I have had enough” with 10 minutes to go actually shattered me.
This is a kid who loves his footy, living and breathing it every day of the season including a call to Popps every single day sometimes 2 just to talk footy and all things Dragons.
These pricks at the club are now robbing my grandson of the ability to stay with pride and watch his team play footy.
When we walked out he said “I don’t think I’ll bother going again this season”.
The 160km drive home was pretty quiet and little footy discussed as nothing worthwhile could be said
When a kid knows how bad and gutless it is and doesn’t want him or his Popps to be disappointed anymore you know things are worse than bad they are rank
So well done to the morons running the joint you have now robbed me of the “footy times” I had to share with my grandson.
A pox on all of those responsible.

Just wanted to ask where did you travel from?
That's commitment something we don't have. from, PLAYERS AS WELL AS COACHES.
NOT THE FANS.

Last edited:

jeffdragon

Bench
Look forward to the season big time every year .
Off season way way too long.
. I am a season tix holder.
Have only been to four games this year
Was going to go to more but decided against it.
It's just not worth it when we dish up rubbish.
There are guys who go to every game .
I used to but it's not always possible now.
It's not much fun knowing your team is not going anywhere this and next season at least.

BLM01

First Grade
We play the Titans twice in the run home and if they beat us, we will get the spoon.
I can't see it happening but the scenario is possible.
McGregor is already counting on those 4 competition points.
yeh he can count all he likes...actually he cant. like now...Ash Taylor will have, as will the rest of the team find enthusiasm playing for a contract under a new coach.

possm

Coach
Almost bottom of the table but on top for points scored against us.
As poor as our defence is our attack isn’t much better. We have 5 SOO players in the team and potential for so much more. Tonight’s poor play isn’t a one off, we have not been good enough not only this year but for many years.
Any first grade coach with 5 SOO players should have his team in the top 8. But the CEO an Board have given the club's top team a gap year, meaning it does not matter if you fail this year. What a mess, we urgently need a cleanout.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
YOU KNOW AS A CLUB YOU HAVE REACHED ROCK BOTTOM WHEN SOME OF OUR SUPPORTERS HOPE WE LOSE AND WERE DISAPPOINTED THAT WE SCORED LATE IN THE GAME YESTERDAY JUST TO ADD WEIGHT TO GETTING RID OF OUR IMPOSTER OF A COACH.......
HAVING SAID THAT I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND HOW THEY FEEL...
SAD ISNT IT THAT IT HAS COME THIS....
DO THE RIGHT THING NOW MARY AND GIVE IT UP....YOU HAVE HAD LONG ENOUGH.....YOU THINK YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO DO THE JOB BUT SIMPLY PUT YOU HAVNT ...MOVE ON AND LET US GET BACK TO ENJOYING OR CLUB AGAIN

possm

Coach
YOU KNOW AS A CLUB YOU HAVE REACHED ROCK BOTTOM WHEN SOME OF OUR SUPPORTERS HOPE WE LOSE AND WERE DISAPPOINTED THAT WE SCORED LATE IN THE GAME YESTERDAY JUST TO ADD WEIGHT TO GETTING RID OF OUR IMPOSTER OF A COACH.......
HAVING SAID THAT I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND HOW THEY FEEL...
SAD ISNT IT THAT IT HAS COME THIS....
DO THE RIGHT THING NOW MARY AND GIVE IT UP....YOU HAVE HAD LONG ENOUGH.....YOU THINK YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO DO THE JOB BUT SIMPLY PUT YOU HAVNT ...MOVE ON AND LET US GET BACK TO ENJOYING OR CLUB AGAIN

There is no way Mary would resign or volunteer to move on. He is not the type of guy who believes he is doing a bad job and in any case would not give up over 1m dollars in salary - about 15 years work as a painter.

stevedragon

Juniors
I am 66 yrs old and have watched the mighty Dragons since I was 10 yrs old. With Dad we would go to Kogarah and the SCG and watch Poppa Clay, Raper and Gasnier ( unfortunately not at his) best). Then seeing the likes of Langlands, Rasmussen, Witenberg just to name a few. Every weekend I went to watch these guys give 100 per cent for the club, the jersey and their team mates and fans. These overpaid imposters have taken that away from me.

Old Timer

Coach
I am 66 yrs old and have watched the mighty Dragons since I was 10 yrs old. With Dad we would go to Kogarah and the SCG and watch Poppa Clay, Raper and Gasnier ( unfortunately not at his) best). Then seeing the likes of Langlands, Rasmussen, Witenberg just to name a few. Every weekend I went to watch these guys give 100 per cent for the club, the jersey and their team mates and fans. These overpaid imposters have taken that away from me.
We are in the same boat my friend so we can take an oar each and share the load as we row together up shit creek when once upon a time we had the pleasure of surfing in on a wave.

Old Timer

Coach
This was a great result. In fact i was shitty that Dufty scored at the end and Canberra missed so many goal attempts. The ONLY way we get a new coaching set up is to get shafted each week. Every bad loss takes away any excuse this rabble has to retain their jobs. 5 current SOO players and 2 internationals,. isn't it bleeding obvious where the problem is ??? We need the media to "suggest this " and once the board thinks their position is in question they know that they must do something to appear like they know what they are doing and that will be Mary's job. More pressure in regard to the clubs nepotism will hopefully ensure that the club will appoint from outside.

Ironically any coaching potentials will see our roster and see that you don't have to be too much a hero to improve on what shit we are in now.
It's great that you are in the fight DP so maybe next year as the season starts you might not hand out the negativity awards so soon:p
This was always going to be the result and no amount of positivity from the fans is going to alter any of it:mad: