What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SHAME EMBARRASSING HOPELESS.

hazzbeen

Bench
Today I took my beloved grandson on a 320 km round journey to watch the game at Winn
The seats were $55 each no discount for jnr and the food as expensive as hell but as I love him dearly no problem however the fact he said “come on Popps I have had enough” with 10 minutes to go actually shattered me.
This is a kid who loves his footy, living and breathing it every day of the season including a call to Popps every single day sometimes 2 just to talk footy and all things Dragons.
These pricks at the club are now robbing my grandson of the ability to stay with pride and watch his team play footy.
When we walked out he said “I don’t think I’ll bother going again this season”.
The 160km drive home was pretty quiet and little footy discussed as nothing worthwhile could be said
When a kid knows how bad and gutless it is and doesn’t want him or his Popps to be disappointed anymore you know things are worse than bad they are rank
So well done to the morons running the joint you have now robbed me of the “footy times” I had to share with my grandson.
A pox on all of those responsible.
Old Timer this really sums it up .... Go back in time and show the young bloke how good this once Mighty St George side really was , and not the pretenders they have become ...... Its a disgrace that it has become to this .... Its a retirement village for ex players I for one have just about had enough of the board , coaching staff , the team ..... Will not go to any games until things from within start to change ......

possm

Coach
I am 66 yrs old and have watched the mighty Dragons since I was 10 yrs old. With Dad we would go to Kogarah and the SCG and watch Poppa Clay, Raper and Gasnier ( unfortunately not at his) best). Then seeing the likes of Langlands, Rasmussen, Witenberg just to name a few. Every weekend I went to watch these guys give 100 per cent for the club, the jersey and their team mates and fans. These overpaid imposters have taken that away from me.
All respect to you Steve Dragon, I was always taught to respect my eldest; I turned 65 in June this year. It was my grandfather who influenced me to follow St George he was a mad St George supporter - I lost my father when I was 4. So like you, after a life time of supporting the Dragons, I feel that these days are the worst I have ever experienced.

I have lived a good life and seen much of the 11 year winning run our great club achieved. What makes it so bad now is that I have 5 children - youngest 12 this August and 5 grandchildren. All of whom follow St George however, many are now losing interest some only watching games on TV when I am with them - they know I have a passion about the Big Red V.

Last night my youngest son said to me that he does not want to watch the Dragons any more. He said that they are playing rubbish football and so he would rather spend his time playing computer games.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
It's heartbreaking, reading through the forum members stories and feelings. How did our once mighty club plummet to such depths of (please insert word here, as I can't).

Strangest feeling now is watching the Dragons play is like watching another game, that is, watching for the football, not watching as a supporter. I don'f get upset, mad or frustrated anymore, just "well that was shit play" type of comments as well as the occasional giggle.
@getsmarty is correct, we are about to endure a very painful time, a time that will test our resolve as true Dragons supporters.

Smurf

Juniors
It's heartbreaking, reading through the forum members stories and feelings. How did our once mighty club plummet to such depths of (please insert word here, as I can't).

Strangest feeling now is watching the Dragons play is like watching another game, that is, watching for the football, not watching as a supporter. I don'f get upset, mad or frustrated anymore, just "well that was shit play" type of comments as well as the occasional giggle.
@getsmarty is correct, we are about to endure a very painful time, a time that will test our resolve as true Dragons supporters.

This is so true and at the same time so sad.

kit66

Bench
I feel really sorry for our forwards, out there doing their best every week only to be let down time and again by what is shaping as the worst backline in the comp, certainly the worst in our recent history. Coached by Ben Hornby a bigger dud than Steve Price and Mary put together.
Canberra's tries were walk ins, embarrassing and usually off the back of our errors. 1 to 5 should all be replaced immediately. Our 6 & 7 are clueless.
When Wids comes back put Norman in the centres and bring Saab, Marsters, Periera and Lomax in, they couldn't do any worse than the rabble we have now. How does Pearson still get a gig when he does nothing and Dufty is getting worse, dropping or worse leaving bombs, missing tackles and being caught out of position when we're defending our line - I'd even take Duges back over this grinning fool.
SHAME ( Mary ) EMBARRASSING ( backline ) HOPELESS ( D.Young ) and PATHETIC (Hornby ).

Smurf

Juniors
Two more years to come boys and girls.

He will not leave and the board will not sack him however, we are not in debt.

Shame though, we are now a bottom four team at best.

If ( if ) he survives the next 2 years does that make 8 years ?,.?

Would that mean Norm Provan will be the only coach who coached longer ( how many premierships did he win as captain coach ? )

Sad

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
There is no way Mary would resign or volunteer to move on. He is not the type of guy who believes he is doing a bad job and in any case would not give up over 1m dollars in salary - about 15 years work as a painter.
Sadly Possm your 100% correct...but at least it makes me feel a little better expressing my feelings...
ive already reached the conclusion that they arnt going to sack him.....perhaps someone somewhere will wake up and do the deed....even a house needs repainting eventually

saints4ever

First Grade
Look forward to the season big time every year .
Off season way way too long.
. I am a season tix holder.
Have only been to four games this year
Was going to go to more but decided against it.
It's just not worth it when we dish up rubbish.
There are guys who go to every game .
I used to but it's not always possible now.
It's not much fun knowing your team is not going anywhere this and next season at least.
Up to you mate, but you've given the board your money. They don't give a shit about you having a gripe. To them, you've endorsed them

SEAT 1A

Bench

It's hopelessness now Dragonslayer.

I remember the same feeling turning up to Kogarah for the first round against Penrith a few years ago.

jeffdragon

Bench
Up to you mate, but you've given the board your money. They don't give a shit about you having a gripe. To them, ok I follow through thick and thin , but it's very thin atm
Up to you mate, but you've given the board your money. They don't give a shit about you having a gripe. To them, you've endorsed them
The forum is about having your point of view..
There are a lot of people with a gripe then.

getsmarty

Immortal

Trust me Dragonslayer...it will get worse...Can't say too much..next old boy already lined up...movement in the ranks..including players...

Last edited:

Jersey No 14

Juniors
Relax Boys
The 110 Mill is not far away.
I'll buy the joint sack the lot and win the comp next year....
A pigs might fly

getsmarty

Immortal
When you say worse getsmarty are you talking coach,players or both.

...I'll put it this way....Very little is going to change in terms of organization and this may result in some movement....early stages...but now makes sense in terms of what we saw last night...I'll leave it at that...

18to87

First Grade
The worst part of it all is the underachieving. Six Origin players for crying out loud. If the club was rebuilding by blooding future stars you would give them a pass. But, on paper, it is one of the best squads in the NRL and maybe two outside backs away from competing in September in spite of Mary. They won a game last September in spite of Mary. A half-competent coach would have this side looking totally different.

18to87

First Grade
Trust me Dragonslayer...it will get worse...Can't say too much..next old boy already lined up...movement in the ranks..including players...
Call me an idiot if you like, but Barrett would get a lot more out of this squad than Mary. If players like Friz are moving on though, it will be a sh*t show.

_Johnsy

Referee
What is wrong with our club management?
Surely any self respecting Board is accountable for performance of its employees and in this regard the players,Coaching staff and all associated need to be accountable.
We seem to have no accountability or establishment performance guidelines in place otherwise they would all be under severe pressure of immediate termination.
Please someone involved with our. club Management have the intestinal fortitude to step up and give us some explanation as to steps being taken to rescue us from the destruction being thrust upon us by our inept Coaching and playing performances currently being displayed.
We as supporters deserve an answer.
We merged with Illawarra, that’s a simplified answer.