What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shane Flanagan's rant, Greenberg's response

butchmcdick

Post Whore
Just on flanos rant
He does not have much of a track record for this type of thing.
Other coaches and players are far far worse.

So for him to be hammered by blokes like Sterlo: who he himself would be the first bloke to call a ref out for a mistake.
In fact he would do it just about every single game he commentates .

Tallis: FFS this is the same f**kwit who was sent off ( or sin bin ) for calling the ref a cheat to his face in an Origin match.
He was one of the biggest on field whingers to ever play the game.
Every game he has a say in he'll bag the refs at some point.

IMO , Flano...while probably right in a lot of the things he said ...he would've been better off not saying anything.

So the point is flanno is a whinger and so are these other people ?

I guess when Tallis and Sterlo were in your opinion whinging you were as staunch in your support for them as you are with poor flanno ?

carcharias

Immortal
So the point is flanno is a whinger and so are these other people ?

I guess when Tallis and Sterlo were in your opinion whinging you were as staunch in your support for them as you are with poor flanno ?
Like Paul green whinging about the exact same ref
Yeah

They all do it

Generalzod

Immortal
Who know will probably meet the cowboys in the semis next year, who knows history might repeat itself lol

Canard

Immortal
I remember Shark's fans passionate defense of Paul Green's $10,000 fine, and why he shouldn't have got it, because he was just "telling the truth".

For mine, Green was a goose for saying what he did and deserved the fine.

Sorry but bringing up Thurston's rant from 4 years ago means Flannagan's on Sunday was justified? That is just plain ridiculous. I can understand Sharks fans being upset, but you guys are drawing a very long bow on this one.

Eion

First Grade
I wouldn't have a major issue with flanno copping a 10k fine. Only mild hypocrisy. Any more than 10k would be a joke.

SharkShocked

Bench
Sorry but bringing up Thurston's rant from 4 years ago means Flannagan's on Sunday was justified? That is just plain ridiculous. I can understand Sharks fans being upset, but you guys are drawing a very long bow on this one.

That is not a long bow at all you muppet.

One bloke clearly broke the rules and questioned the INTEGRITY of the referees and the NRL alike.

Unpunished.

One bloke had a hissy fit about a lot of 50/50 calls that went against him and is apparently going to be slapped with one of the largest fines for a coach to come out of a press conference.

And you think that's a long bow?

Pull the other one mate.

Comprehension not a strong point of yours is it?

Haha!! You made a point of Gallen diving when lots of players do.

Then I pointed out your hypocrisy of when your beloved Tigers did the same thing.

You can't milk that penalty.

Opposition players have to be pulling at the ball.

They were.

carcharias

Immortal
No
It's means there are different rules for different people.

That is not a long bow at all you muppet.

One bloke clearly broke the rules and questioned the INTEGRITY of the referees and the NRL alike.

Unpunished.

One bloke had a hissy fit about a lot of 50/50 calls that went against him and is apparently going to be slapped with one of the largest fines for a coach to come out of a press conference.

And you think that's a long bow?

Pull the other one mate.

I can bring up plenty of past precedents of people having a go at referees and being unpunished. You should read up on your history about the 1960s and 1970s and what was said about certain referees back then - the comments made about some would be libellous. Just because those instances went unpunished does not mean any future ones should be unpunished. If that is the basis of your defence of Flannagan then it is a long bow and the only muppet here is you.

Reactions: Vee

SharkShocked

Bench
I can bring up plenty of past precedents of people having a go at referees and being unpunished. You should read up on your history about the 1960s and 1970s and what was said about certain referees back then - the comments made about some would be libellous. Just because those instances went unpunished does not mean any future ones should be unpunished. If that is the basis of your defence of Flannagan then it is a long bow and the only muppet here is you.

The defence is that he did not question the integrity of the referees. You muppet.

One did, one didn't.

One punished, one not.

If you can't see the inconsistency in that - then you may as well grab your guide dog and sign up to join the boys in pink - you'd be a welcome asset.

Eion

First Grade
Not big on fairness, precedent or integrity are you? Should apply for a gig at the nrl.

Generalzod

Immortal
Apollo JT come out and basically bagged intergrity of the game 4 years ago, nothing happened to JT wasn't even fined, Flanagan does the same thing and he is fined, It's the double standards that fans don't like.

Slackboy72

Coach
No
It's means there are different rules for different people.

4d9.jpg

Apollo JT come out and basically bagged intergrity of the game 4 years ago, nothing happened to JT wasn't even fined, Flanagan does the same thing and he is fined, It's the double standards that fans don't like.

Did I say what JT did was right? Nope. In fact I believed then (and do now) he should have been punished, just like I believe Flannagan should be too.

Latest posts