What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shane Warne

Wizardman

First Grade

Australia cricket legend and the greatest leg-spinner of all-time, Shane Warne, has died, aged 52.

Warne’s management released a brief statement in the early hours of Saturday (AEDT), that he passed away in Koh Samui, Thailand, of a suspected heart attack.

“Shane was found unresponsive in his villa and despite the best efforts of medical staff, he could not be revived,” the statement reads.

“The family requests aprivacy at this time and will provide further details in due course.

MORE TO COME

I had never knew about leg spin till Warnie came on the scene despite loving cricket as a kid. After watching Warnie destroy the West Indies and of course the ball of the century I was fascinated with the art.
some of my best memories are watching cricket with my grandfather and we would argue about who was better Benaud or Warnie. They are some of my greatest memories that I will treasure forever. Thanks Warnie for providing me with those memories I will treasure them forever.
RIP Shane my thoughts are with your family.
I’m genuinely devastated.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
I don't watch and have never been into cricket and I know he is one of the greatest bowlers to ever live. A lifetime of smoking no doubt played its part.

RIP.

Dragon David

First Grade
Unbelievable to read of Warnie's passing. A true legend of Australian cricket just as Rod Marsh was.

Rest in Peace Warnie. Deepest sympathies to your family and friends.

Too young to die at 52.

What the hell is happening?

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Devastating news, the word great and legend gets thrown around far too much these days but not in this case, the guy was a true giant of the game. What he did on the field was mesmerising, he brought people to the game just to see what he could do next.

The best spin bowler of all time and one of the best bowlers full stop.

52, with young kids, way too young and commiserations to all he knew. R.I.P.

JJ

Immortal
Wow…. Poor kids, that’s scary young. Another unquestionably great cricketer, what a bowler he was…

Zadar

Juniors
Holy shit, have had to read numerous articles to make sure this was real!
We will “never” see somebody as him again, was he everybody’s favourite? No, was he the greatest, yes indeed.

RIP Warnie.

Latest posts