What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shane Watson Appreciation Thread

JJ

Immortal
lockyno1 said:
Watson's hamstring is getting better IMO. Hopefully he'll be fine. As for Martyn look, at the time he wasn't in the best of form. But then I looked beyond the square and asked myself "is there a better alternative". Simply put, there wasn't. So whilst Martyn wasn't scoring heavily he was still the best no4 we had.

that's bullsh*t locky... you argued for weeks that Hodge was the better option...

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
looking at Watson bowling off three steps in the nets last night I don't believe he will get through a 5 day game

Parra Guru

Coach
Why do people think Watson is the next Flintoff?

LOSING ONE ASHES SERIES DOES NOT MEAN WE NEED AN ALLROUNDER!!!

lockyno1

Post Whore
Watson is confirmed as out for the first test as the risk was a bit too high. He was about 2-3 days off being right. Looks like we get to see another 2 Clarke failures!

lockyno1

Post Whore
JJ said:
that's bullsh*t locky... you argued for weeks that Hodge was the better option...

Yes and Hodge is better. But the fact was, he was never going to be selected. So the best out of the remaining bunch is Martyn for crying out loud!

lockyno1

Post Whore
It was on the News as well Twiz. Shame for Watson but he'll be back for the 2nd test anyway.

willvillain

Juniors
Good to see that the Aussie medico's came to their senses and realised that Watson was never going to be fit for this game.

Now it's up to the Aussies to show that there is no reason to change the team for the rest of the series!

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
yeah, I'm not a huge fan, but w needed him to play McGilla

if he's not available for that test, its really gonna throw a spanner in the works

aussies1st

Staff member
Then we got some problems, possibly Symonds :( But Watson should be fine, surely even he can recover in 2 weeks.

Sanchez

Coach
lockyno1 said:
It was on the News as well Twiz. Shame for Watson but he'll be back for the 2nd test anyway.
what happens if all batsman perform?do you still bring him back

Timbo

Staff member
Locky, I haven't stooped to using one of these things in ages, but....:

spam5.gif

dowdz

Juniors
Hopefully pup makes a big score. Surely they couldn't drop him if he did. Even if Watson is fit for the 2nd test

aussies1st

Staff member
Unless Martyn has an absolute shocker then Clarke won't stay. We want to play 2 spinners at Adelaide and only have 2 pacemen seems risky to me.