What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shane Watson Appreciation Thread

lockyno1

Post Whore
Watson MAY be injured. We won't know till the scans come back. I think he'll be ok for the test match.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Clarke has already made 150 in a test match.

Remind me again how many tons has Watson made

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
lockyno1 said:
Cosgrove or Birt will be no4 IMO. They both have better techniques than Clarke has. Clarke is a 5 or 6 IMO. Nothing higher.

please elighten me on your thoughts about Clarkes technique

aussies1st

Staff member
lockyno1 said:
Watson MAY be injured. We won't know till the scans come back. I think he'll be ok for the test match.

Lol you must be God or something cause even Watson (the guy that has the injury) knows hes up against it.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
after getting the results of the scans they drafted Clarke into the team

I'd say he's no hope

knights04

Bench
There is also no hope of Clarke doing well. History will repeat itself. He's fast becoming the new Greg Blewett.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Twizzle said:
please elighten me on your thoughts about Clarkes technique

He plays too many rash shots, simple as that. Plus he is extremely prone to a nick as he jumps around his crease a heck of a lot. His shot selection is extremely poor though. He should look at the way Hussey bats in tests. Forget about hitting boundaries until you have 30 or so and then start to play the bigger shots.

lockyno1

Post Whore
aussies1st said:
Lol you must be God or something cause even Watson (the guy that has the injury) knows hes up against it.

Buchanon thinks he should be bowling at 50% by tommorrow afternoon. With a general rate of improvement he'll should be fine for the test.

lockyno1

Post Whore
knights04 said:
There is also no hope of Clarke doing well. History will repeat itself. He's fast becoming the new Greg Blewett.

Agreed, one difference....Blewett has made a double ton and a few tons against the Poms!:lol:

PARANoIR

Bench
lockyno1 said:
Well Chappelli and Walters must have had a few too many beers! Clarke has a ordinary FC and test record. I can see exactly why he isn't in the side!

Yes, because you being the expert that you are, definitely know way more than former established test players!

lockyno1

Post Whore
PARANoIR said:
Yes, because you being the expert that you are, definitely know way more than former established test players!

If 75% of the experts were not NSW players, the article may be a bit more legitimate. But 3 of the 4 are ex NSW players. It is a rubbish article as a result. Get a player from SA, Vic, WA, Tas. Then write the article!

PARANoIR

Bench
lockyno1 said:
If 75% of the experts were not NSW players, the article may be a bit more legitimate. But 3 of the 4 are ex NSW players. It is a rubbish article as a result. Get a player from SA, Vic, WA, Tas. Then write the article!

Get over your NSW bias bullsh*t blah blah. Its a load of crap. Seriously, it makes all of us other QLDers look like tossers.