What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shannon McDonnell eager to grab opportunity at fullback for Knights

Pika

Bench
And no, he should never be isolated one on one with a back rower defending at C.

The reason they had an overlap was because Zeb made he previous tackle and we could not make the numbers.....

He did well. Very few halfbacks would make that tackle, 7m out, one on one with a backrower at full stretch.

CJG 182

Juniors
Well yes he was pretty clearly average.

To be fair, it was a good effort in defence on Ryan. Just in the ground he covered to be there alone.

It's his job though isn't it? He defends 3 in. Ryan was his man.

It was a one on one tackle you'd expect a first grader to make.

No it was off a scrum in centre field so he ran from the scrum base to the centres.

Great tackle, still an average game though.

Karmawave

Bench
He did wink and smile at his fan club in the Crusade which was nice to see...

It was a real ' awww ' moment.

Serc

First Grade
Just read this thread AFTER I made my post in the game thread about the same incident, and look who is trying to take the shine off a great play that you know who made - classic. If it was Ben Rogers (yeah the guy who keeps you know who out of the team) Karma would've run out of tissues by now!

PS: Looks like we all noticed that McDonnell was pretty good until he went off, so another FAIL for Karma I think! haha

Karmawave

Bench
PS: Looks like we all noticed that McDonnell was pretty good until he went off, so another FAIL for Karma I think! haha

Based on what? An error free 25-30 minutes?

He got himself knocked out because he can't tackle properly.

Is this the new standard expected by first grade footballers?

cram

Bench

Karma you really need to take a chill pill, your continued negativity gets a little tiring after a while....like I have told you before being negative and obsessive takes away from the quality you can offer. Make your point and move on, gives you more credibility.

Big Tim

First Grade
Fullback = Mcdonnell > Wes

Honestly mate, he is a fill in for our States captain. WTF do you want? I will find out what Karmichael Hunt is doing next time Kurt captains the State.

Karmawave

Bench
Karma you really need to take a chill pill, your continued negativity gets a little tiring after a while....like I have told you before being negative and obsessive takes away from the quality you can offer. Make your point and move on, gives you more credibility.

Well hang on a minute mate, Serc just claimed I ' FAILED ' based Junior Burger knocking himself out and playing less than one half of football. I had made my point and moved on, but then I was given a ' FAIL ' :lol:

My opinion on the bloke is based on the 20-30 odd games of subpar first grade football he played with the Tigers.

Not the 20-30 odd minutes he played today for the Knights.

Can't I defend myself now?

cram

Bench
Well hang on a minute mate, Serc just claimed I ' FAILED ' based Junior Burger knocking himself out and playing less than one half of football. I had made my point and moved on, but then I was given a ' FAIL ' :lol:

My opinion on the bloke is based on the 20-30 odd games of subpar first grade football he played with the Tigers.

Not the 20-30 odd minutes he played today for the Knights.

Can't I defend myself now?

No.....:lol:

Karmawave

Bench
So it seems! :lol:

I mean seriously, one of the biggest issues Tigers fans had with him is that he was too small, and couldn't tackle properly and was often hurt in doing so...

What's changed?

Apey

Staff member

I think it's sad how high you actually hold yourself. You really need to look past the agendas. He had a good game. Defused some kicks, had some nice defence and made decent return metres.

You continue to live in the past, too. We aren't talking about what kind of player he is. We're talking about what he did today.

cram

Bench

I mean seriously, one of the biggest issues Tigers fans had with him is that he was too small, and couldn't tackle properly and was often hurt in doing so...

What's changed?

You must admit he went okay whilst he was there, yes it may have been poor method that resulted in his injury however, poor technique can be changed with good instruction.

If anything the jury is still out. He did not fail today and he did not prove himself.

So if it makes you happy you did not "Fail" today but you also did not prove anything...:lol:

Serc

First Grade
Based on what?

I'm salivating at the prospect of grand entertainment that could come from watching Con Mika, Maverick Supersub and Junior Burger McDonnell all playing in the same team together...

One of the highlights of going Sunday will be watching this bloke trying to be a first grader.

You were looking forward to seeing him fail (along with Mika who also gets highlighted above) so its only fair you get the same in return when both players put in at competant performance!

Edit: Yeah the jury is still out, and no doubt McDonnell will get another game in the next few weeks so I can certainly hold off on some of my replies until then :p

Karmawave

Bench
How high I hold myself? What a load of garbage. I have an opinion on his inability simple as that, it has nothing to do with my agenda or ego. I don't rate him, never have, and a sh*tload of other people on here feel the same....

But now, because he played less than half a game of football without making a mistake, he is good?

Unbelievable.

He was SAFE today. He didn't do anything extraordinary, he simply didn't make a mistake!

He did his job until he knocked himself out...

I mean fair dinkum, you'd think he is the second coming of christ. His work was adequate. Would you call it quality? Not unless you have an agenda against me you wouldn't.

You'd like to hope your fullback can play the full 80 without having his tackling technique causing a problem for your 16 man bench.

Last edited:

General Knight

Juniors

What's changed?

He has been here for like what? a couple of weeks? and you expect Smith to change him in that time? If thats the case then why don't we just sign all the other fringe players from the other club and expect them to play awesome in their first game for the club. lol.

Karma, you make some interesting points sometimes and it makes for a good read but 70%-80% of the time you just try too hard that it goes past ridiculous.