What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shannon McDonnell eager to grab opportunity at fullback for Knights

Apey

Staff member
How high I hold myself? What a load of garbage. I have an opinion on his inability simple as that, it has nothing to do with my agenda or ego. I don't rate him, never have, and a sh*tload of other people on here feel the same....

Yeah, and that opinion once again shines through with your posts. Thanks for proving our point. You don't like him.

Fast forward to the present. He plays well for the time he is out there and you're still complaining. What else would you have liked him to do? Put a couple of kicks in here and there, make a few 50m tackle breaks, score some tries, clean the sheds after fulltime.. :sarcasm:

He performed his role today. And that was to be safe at the back and hold the fort while Gidley is out. No-one is saying he is an amazing player because of it. No-one is he saying he is even a good player because of it. He did what he was asked. Whatever bullsh*t from his past has absolute no bearing or relevance whatsoever to what he did today.

Karmawave

Bench
The other players who came here off the scrapheap from other clubs weren't a laughing stock amongst their fans like McDonnell was at the Tigers...

There was a good reason for that, and it wasn't just because you might think ' all Tigers fans are whingers ' :lol:

cram

Bench
]How high I hold myself?[/COLOR] What a load of garbage. I have an opinion on his inability simple as that, it has nothing to do with my agenda or ego. I don't rate him, never have, and a sh*tload of other people on here feel the same....

But now, because he played less than half a game of football without making a mistake, he is good?

Unbelievable.

He was SAFE today. He didn't do anything extraordinary, he simply didn't make a mistake!

He did his job until he knocked himself out...

I mean fair dinkum, you'd think he is the second coming of christ. His work was adequate. Would you call it quality? Not unless you have an agenda against me you wouldn't.

You'd like to hope your fullback can play the full 80 without having his tackling technique causing a problem for your 16 man bench.

Hold yourself? Am I missing something???

The other stuff in red, well at least now you are saying something constructive by saying he was adequate....nothing more nothing less....and like Roger Rogerson you think everyone is out to get you, :sarcasm:

Apey

Staff member
Just read your edit. Are you serious? Who the f**k thinks he's the second coming of Christ?

Have you ever done any drama Karma?

Karmawave

Bench
Actually I think a non kicking Peter Matautia would be a better option.

Even given some nerves on being a rookie playing fullback, Pete is good enough, and has more ability in his little toe than Junior Burger has in total.

cram

Bench
Fast forward to the present. He plays well for the time he is out there and you're still complaining. What else would you have liked him to do? Put a couple of kicks in here and there, make a few 50m tackle breaks, score some tries, clean the sheds after fulltime.. :sarcasm:

:lol::lol::lol:

Big Tim

First Grade
Pete is an option. But I honestly think a guy with 30 games experience is a better choice against a team leading the league and missing 1 player.

If we have a "softer" game for SOO 3 I will completely agree that Pete should be there, but as it stands, McDonnell is the best.

And seriously, who cares what the Tigers fans say? Faas is proof that a scrapheap player can become a role player, and then an ace up the sleeve.

Lets see how it plays out.

cram

Bench
The only cleaning in the sheds that would have had to be done is cleaning up the vomit from him being physically sick in nerves before the game...

And then after that was cleaned, there'd be vomit from concussion probably.

Maybe they have a system in place - clean up your own mess.

Pure class that post.....:sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm:

Karmawave

Bench
Ok, sorry, bit over the top...

But geeeeeeez , chillax a bit people...

He was ADEQUATE for 30 minutes!

He did his job.

Good on him.

Big Tim

First Grade
The only cleaning in the sheds that would have had to be done is cleaning up the vomit from him being physically sick in nerves before the game...

And then after that was cleaned, there'd be vomit from concussion probably.

Maybe they have a system in place - clean up your own mess.

That will do me.

Have a good one Karma.

Apey

Staff member
Ok, sorry, bit over the top...

But geeeeeeez , chillax a bit people...

He was ADEQUATE for 30 minutes!

He did his job.

Good on him.

Was that so hard?

That's all anybody ever said.

You were like a parabola man. You went bonkers over something non-existent; flew right off the curve! Then you come back down and end up agreeing with us without even realising it. :crazy:

Karmawave

Bench
Oh for gods sake, chill out everyone.

Is everyone so touchy now that the word ' vomit ' is seen as being offensive?

Do you want me to edit the post?

Johns Magic

Referee
The other players who came here off the scrapheap from other clubs weren't a laughing stock amongst their fans like McDonnell was at the Tigers...

There was a good reason for that, and it wasn't just because you might think ' all Tigers fans are whingers ' :lol:

You conveniently forgot Ben Rogers

cram

Bench
And you know what had you expressed that in your very first post, then perhaps some of the stuff that has gone on since would not have eventuated.

You have every right to question his long term viability based on his current form but sometimes you need to spend a little time reflecting on what you say. It is not about your opinion, it is the way its expressed and the fact that you are losing something on the delivery.

Despite what you may believe I doubt everyone on here is out to get you, or has an agenda against you. I for one don't and I will continue to challenge you when I think you are going off on a tangent just like I would expect you to do the same.

General Knight

Juniors
No matter if we win or lose each week Karma's just gonna find a way to rant on like his d**k just fell off after each match.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Anyone would think Karma is part of the coaching staff or something :roll: deadset buddy, go easy on him. I'd be buggered if Patten ran at me and collected me like that too...

McDonnell had a solid game. The kid deserves a break. Good on him. Was impressed as were the people in the stands. Given a year of 1st grade he could be a terrific player. Who knows. He is a tough kid if you ask me. Walking after concussion is seriously not something i would recommend. I know. These guys who play this game are deadset tough as oxes.

Latest posts