What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks a perfect fit for Perth, says Sage

Perth Red

Post Whore
Elias the vulture at it again!

RLW:

65329_10200964547814715_265510333_n.jpg

Quidgybo

Bench
I've said this before but the way to guarantee relocations using financial incentives is to run it as a jackpot.

Start it at $8m (or $5m or whatever) in year one. If no one jumps, jackpot it to $16m in year two. If still no one then jackpot again to $24m in year three and so on. For struggling clubs it becomes a game of chicken. How long do you wait before jumping knowing that if you wait too long, someone else will claim it and leave you with nothing?

If the ARLC went down this path I think they could almost guarantee a relocation within 5 years. Voluntarily and with enough financial support to make it a success.

Leigh.

Last edited:

docbrown

Coach
Considering that a merger could open up an additional slot for expansion I wouldn't mind seeing something similar offered as an incentive for two Sydney clubs that merged.

But maybe make it part club funding and part grass roots funding. Imagine if a region in Sydney suddenly had an additional $10 million or so invested in its lower levels.