What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks Announce New Major Sponsor

shadowboxer

First Grade
or brewers
this is the brewers team, we're brewing up a head of steam.

what a lovely song that was

the word brewers gives me a instant hangover - bad days on the hill - young hopeful man with powers in one hand then brewers in the other. ouch

coolumsharkie

Referee
Those were the days..

Yeah i'm in the market for a new TV this year.. I was going to splurge too.. Hisense it is.

Eion

First Grade
I have already e-mailed them,thanking the company for its new sponsorship.I have an LG plasma,which is still going,more by good luck.That being said ,the next purchase will be Hisense.LG have had their day.
Maybe a few more letters of appreciation for the deal,wouldn't go amiss.
Let's show em we care.:clap:
Great idea Taipan - just fired one off as well.

newman

First Grade
Great news.
Congrats to Fisky and the Board on getting this over the line.

Ive been assured that we were never going to sign a discount deal, so heres hoping the value in this is good!

Quigs

Immortal
Anyone know the figures yet, that is what I am interested in.

Hope we got a good deal for the two years, or is it all hush hush.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

newman

First Grade
Quigs, I had a few chats with a few people down there and the line was that they were never, ever going to sign up a cut price deal. They wanted equal or better than the previous deal.

newman

First Grade
Whatever the figure is, this is a great day for the club and we can all breathe a big sigh of relief. Signing a major sponsor doesnt guarentee our survival, but it sure as hell keeps the wolves away from the door.

Eion

First Grade
Look it's great news and I don't want to sound like a "glass half empty" kind of guy but I'm worried the green Hisense logo is going to clash with the blue of our jersey. As my dear old dad used to say "Blue and green should never be seen". It had to be said.....

Ausguy

Coach
yeah i agree about the jersey.... but il survive.

what email did u send your appreciation to??

post it so we can all flick one to them please Eion.

well, it depends on how they do it.

if its a big white box in the middle of the jersey, then itll look sh*t.

bit of white border round writing will be fine.

itll look fine on the black jersey regardless.

Eion

First Grade
yeah i agree about the jersey.... but il survive.

what email did u send your appreciation to??

post it so we can all flick one to them please Eion.
Was mostly joking about the "blue and green should never be seen" stuff. I would have copped Gaz's French jersey if meant the sharks get a major sponsor.

I sent a note to the below link along the lines of: "I'm a proud sharks support and would like to thank you.....etc...I will be supporting Hisense when making a purchase...etc."
http://www.hisense.com.au/contact/feedback

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Was mostly joking about the "blue and green should never be seen" stuff. I would have copped Gaz's French jersey if meant the sharks get a major sponsor.

I sent a note to the below link along the lines of: "I'm a proud sharks support and would like to thank you.....etc...I will be supporting Hisense when making a purchase...etc."
http://www.hisense.com.au/contact/feedback
Done.

And yes I will buy Hisense.

S.R.

Juniors
well, it depends on how they do it.

if its a big white box in the middle of the jersey, then itll look sh*t.

bit of white border round writing will be fine.

itll look fine on the black jersey regardless.

The bad news is that BOTH jerseys appear to have a white box around the logo. Lets hope they were just mock ups for the announcement.

Go to www.nrl.com.au
There is a small pic on there.

However, the good news is we have a major sponsor kicking in some serious cash!

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
if you want a good TV, get a samsung.

a few extra dollars and much better quality.

haha you idiot. You would have to be the worst foot in mouth bad tech adviser I have ever read.
Hisense USE samsung panels. The panels are from the newest Samsung lcd factory in China.

There are pretty much only 3 manufacturers of panels in the world, despite there being thousands of brands of televisions.