What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks announcement 10.00am Irvine to step down

millersnose

Post Whore
the "stupid adverts" are income for LU to provide the service we all use for free

sticky thinks irvine is a poor manager from his experience here

I don't think everything Irvine has done has been great.
The cost cutting and lack of staff has caused a huge issue in the latest scandal.

The sponsorship mystery just about every year, the taupo game contract ect.

Membership has been way better under him.
Development was approved. Excellent on his part there.

Ricky obviously didn't like him and was offside quickly.
I dare say Stuart's time at the sharks was over anyway.

Whatever Ricky.

webShark

Bit off subject but here goes.

Essendon rumoured to have asked players to sign consent forms for injections. Some had upto 40. Surely they couldnt ask players to sign consent for illegal stuff? Anyone got the movie rights? This forum should get them.

3 Manly players asked to dob themselves in to get 6 month ban. As ASADA can't seem to nail anyone without self incrimination , the ban should be increased. Won't be popular. But 6 months for injecting banned stuff seems too short.

Seems the Essendon injections not to be illegal by ASADA. Maybe it's only us that has to worry as usual.

Be ironical if one of the Manly players was the ex NRL poster boy. Probably be Tim Robinson and 2 other nuffies.

millersnose

Post Whore
So you are saying that Irvine did a poor job whilst at the club?

Well no
I am saying it is clear ricky thinks irvine was shyte

Everyone here seems to think he did a great job

I wouldn't know

Though the only guy I know who works there thinks irvine was a disaster and the absence during crisis and the clumsy press release do not paint a picture of a good manager

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
6 months is only a 50% discount. Why would anybody take it. Not even a guilty person would take that risk.
If you were going to jail for accused murder for 20 years but were offered 10 discount & you didnt know if you'd done it or not, would you take the ten?

Last edited:

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Well no
I am saying it is clear ricky thinks irvine was shyte

Everyone here seems to think he did a great job

I wouldn't know

Though the only guy I know who works there thinks irvine was a disaster and the absence during crisis and the clumsy press release do not paint a picture of a good manager

it also has to be remembered that it was first gig at managing anything. If he was an apprentice, hes jsut become qualified this year.
I think his tenure has been overall very good for the Sharks with some concerning deficiencies as well.

My major concern is the sponsorship that I think he was in charge of. he doesnt have the corporate miles or the contacts to run that game. it has cost us.
My other major concern is trust & this goes back to the Stuart incident. you hear stories about Stuart starting systems that circumvented payment systems etc & you wonder where that info really came from. Both parties deny 100% exctly what the other party is saying. Now that is not possible. Teh animosity so high a reporter asked Sticky for his comment today at 10.30am

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Bit off subject but here goes.

Essendon rumoured to have asked players to sign consent forms for injections. Some had upto 40. Surely they couldnt ask players to sign consent for illegal stuff? Anyone got the movie rights? This forum should get them.

3 Manly players asked to dob themselves in to get 6 month ban. As ASADA can't seem to nail anyone without self incrimination , the ban should be increased. Won't be popular. But 6 months for injecting banned stuff seems too short.

Seems the Essendon injections not to be illegal by ASADA. Maybe it's only us that has to worry as usual.

Be ironical if one of the Manly players was the ex NRL poster boy. Probably be Tim Robinson and 2 other nuffies.

From the 2008 premiership winning side.

Ballin, King, Kite, Lyon, Matai, Watmough, Stewart, Stewart. Hall, Cuthbo and Robson still in the NRL.

There's more. 3 is either a smokescreen or more likely a guess by the media who have Sharks numbers anywhere between 2 and 14 over the last couple of weeks.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal

Ballin, King, Kite, Lyon, Matai, Watmough, Stewart, Stewart. Hall, Cuthbo and Robson still in the NRL.

There's more. 3 is either a smokescreen or more likely a guess by the media who have Sharks numbers anywhere between 2 and 14 over the last couple of weeks.
Manly were investigated in 2010 according teh head of ASADA at the time (Ing) & he said they were clean.
That means it was players continuing to see dank in 2011.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
the "stupid adverts" are income for LU to provide the service we all use for free

sticky thinks irvine is a poor manager from his experience here

Regardless of why they are there they are still crass and very annoying. Everytime Barbie pops up Safari crashes on the iPad :lol:

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Manly were investigated in 2010 according teh head of ASADA at the time (Ing) & he said they were clean.
That means it was players continuing to see dank in 2011.

So we can add more to the first 8.

What makes Ings more credible than Kabana or Redman?

Patorick

Staff member

David Williams says hi.

What about the Under 20's?

bubs

Juniors
Maybe some signs at next weeks home game thanking DI for his support would be appropriate.

Make no mistake, we would have been playing in Perth or South Brisbane had it not been for beeker and his team, probably last year.

Latest posts